Ranger:

Sharpshot-dexterity
Longshot-dexterity
Steady aim-dexterity
Sharpen weapons-dexterity
Barbed shot-dexterity
Light heal-dexterity

Double shot- not based on any stat

Around 80%+ endgame rangers are strength based, passing out on dex skills because they do 1.5-2 times the damage your autos will do, they take time to load and evade as well, hasted ranger spamming double shot with over 8k+ attack has been proven to be better than a fully geared dex ranger.

Should all melee classes be equal? Or should one class be stronger and more fun than the other?
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: Melee Class Skill Discussion

Well I love playing a dex rogue because it's all about survivalitblity, dex = dodge and the dex skills are survival skills, not as tough as a str rogue but a lot cheaper. I think just because a class is stronger doesn't nesseceraly make it more fun for the individual, it's all about personal play style.

My post probably has nothing to do with what u was getting at on your topic but that's my 2 cents :D

Defence isnt always = survivability when ur an end-game rogue.

I agree with u, but little tweak, I think taunt and warcry are no stat skills. Or maybe that was no evasion skills.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

all melee classes should not be equal, rogues have to stand in the aoe and spam restos to live, they should do the most dps. rangers should do second best dps due to being ranged and escaping aoes(which means on aoe heavy bosses e.g proteus, event etc. rangers will outdps).

warriors main role should always be tank so i think dps for wars is fine as it is
Oderint Dum Metuant.

First off, Melee means hand to hand combat....rangers are Ranged, meaning they attack from a distance. Unless you mean physical damage, of course...

I definitely agree that there are veeery few dex rangers at 180+, and probably most of those are alts with either good boss drops or incomplete quest armor.

Certain ranger skills make sense as dex based, such as light heal, sharpen weps, bolas, entangle, steady aim, etc...the support skills. But dmg skills (such as sharp shot and long shot) should definitely be strength based, or at least have enough damage that it is worth the evasions, without using insanely high dex.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

First off, Melee means hand to hand combat....rangers are Ranged, meaning they attack from a distance. Unless you mean physical damage, of course...

I definitely agree that there are veeery few dex rangers at 180+, and probably most of those are alts with either good boss drops or incomplete quest armor.

Certain ranger skills make sense as dex based, such as light heal, sharpen weps, bolas, entangle, steady aim, etc...the support skills. But dmg skills (such as sharp shot and long shot) should definitely be strength based, or at least have enough damage that it is worth the evasions, without using insanely high dex.
In this game melee doesn't mean hand to hand. It means noncaster
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I think rangers have a slight problem to get fixed. Right now a good auto ranger is already better then all the other dps classes in most cases. If you fix their skills it would make them very op. I guess if you get good skills there has to be a nerf somewhere or all classes should be buffed.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

I think rangers have a slight problem to get fixed. Right now a good auto ranger is already better then all the other dps classes in most cases. If you fix their skills it would make them very op. I guess if you get good skills there has to be a nerf somewhere or all classes should be buffed.
R u for real?
Ranger lvl 215
Android,Fingal

R u for real?
Rangers are kinda boring in their auto-build. Their skills suck, I agree on that as well. But they are far from weak.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]