Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Potions make the game to Easy....

Teaweasel wrote:Not trying to off topic derail this again, but I am work pouring over invoices, and I asked my lawyer who stopped in to drop off stuff the situation and how that would Stand up in court. According to him, Apple makes it their business to legalize every sale as they are the third-party vendor, and buy Buying any Plat from Apple you are tacitly stating that you have knowledge of the original ToS you signed with the company actually owning the virtual goods.

So everytime you buy Plat, it's another re-sign of the ToS, and when you would be asked "ok your niece didn't know and signed it, but you continually bought and continually signed that you had knowledge of the ToS. And your niece couldn't set up an Apple ID and put a credit card on it, or iTunes card, so those payments were in fact supplied and supported by you...and thus your tacit approval of a One Thumb ToS. If you didn't know what that ToS was..everytime you bought Plat you were saying that you did. So then they catch you in a cyber-falsity.

It's a bunch of total BS. Obviously, Apple pays lawyers millions to hammer out the best catch-all defenses..but the niece-defense is one that they woulda conquered quickly and they did it with Apple's ToS and using Apple as a third party vendor on all subsequent sales. So Apple gets it's money and so does One Thumb as an extension as the virtual owner.

I know that probably the only people who give a crap about this are me and D0nk0 so I will shut up.

In terms of the topic at hand, we have gone thru 12 pages of passionate barbs, debates and a wide range of topics, I think more or less each side has a point. But I think going thru the next approx 7 days and using your items how you see fit, and then popping over to the new system is what's gonna happen. We can re-convene to see what people think about it in practice, not in theory later.

A well made point as ever, do you know the one company I really despise: Apple! Get that for irony!
But yes, I'm sure hoping the new system will allow for more fun, but only a few short days will tell.
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

HrFnasemos wrote:"A group consisting of 2 rangers 2 Rogues and 1 warrior (all warden)are standing in front of bonehead waiting for a druid to log on so they can kill it, a level 99 warrior with full meteoric sees the bone head doesn't join the group that was there first and attacks the bonehead alone while using combo elixir and chugging down potions."

My personal thanks to the lvl 99 warrior, who by purchasing elexirs and potions has financed this game so we all can enjoy it.

Geez I would really say something about this but then another arguement would break out.

Anyhow. Like it was said guys, let's so how things turn out the update shouldn't take too long now.

Amom,

A Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game does not mean I have to be with others to fight a boss or even solo it. It just means tons of people and not just you are playing it. It gives you the option to go solo or be in a group as I would call it. So why not let the public be aloud to solo a really hard boss? We can already do it in a group..... And not many will solo a boss if its any of the meteor bosses unless your really that rich and willing to spend the endless amount of pots. So like I said its still an rpg but with many more players and allowing you to solo or not. And if you want to spend that much money to solo I am pretty sure OTM will be thrilled your spending your money on their game. It may spoil it a bit, but if you do that and also work in your clan to help them with what you've spent, it means more than anything and few people who are currently in a clan with that power of money will solo a boss and not want their clan to help and or group them to achieve it together. Thats why there are clans, you pick who you want to be with and play with most of your time and to group them whenever necessary, and to not group outsiders who you may or may not know and whom you have had problems with or not. But saying that I have to group my most hated people just to kill a boss and not just use plat to do it is utterly insane. Plat I feel is a way to make the game progress, especialy if your in a clan and you all work as 1 unit and share among eachother equally in a sense. And without progress, again, you will see people who used to be prepared for the next update and the next update and thw one after that will be so far behind leaving the higher updates untested by players. And another good reason to solo bosses is to test them. How would I do with my resources on the hardest boss in the game? What can I learn from it that can improve not only myself, but my clan aswell and increase our knowledge of how these bosses work. Therefore I rest my case in why we should be allowed to solo if our heart desires.

I am not that angry about the cooldown times anymore, but would love to see the times go down a bit as 10 sec for a pot on a meteor boss is a lot right now and 30 seconds if your tank keeps dying and druids cannot keep up with reviving
people and the dps and all whoever else keep dying. If beta testers have not tested this then I strongly advise admin to patch it out and put it in beta if its in the update as it hits. Because if we dont have a sense of what it may be like or what the outcomes are, then it will fall apart. Forums may or may not be raging with angry customers and gamers. If your a tester and have tested this completely please reply so that you have infact tested this and seen it is a good idea and even tried to solo bosses with these times. And what makes me laugh more than anything is how you guys say a tank solos a boss with rez idols. Rez idols are used once you die and once you die the boss resets and if he cannot use his potions to live than it is un solo-able to him. But if someone else is there keeping it alive while he revives then it is most definately not a solo.

Anyways please respond as I would love to hear a rebuttle on this, because in my head I think I have said it all.

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown

Something I have to ask:

If res idols are getting a 30 second cool down and health pots are getting a 10 second cool down,
Surely the scroll of rooting needs a 90 second cool down.

I only ask because all are avaliable at the plat store, but, like people have been complaining about "toe to toe" classes spamming pots, I know rangers who "spam" scrolls to solo main bosses who do not use magic.

And I'm sure there are a few mages and Druids that also use this "glitch"!!!!!

Just popped into my head as a bit unfair for us warriors and rogues now.
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior

General of PRIME

admin wrote:Hi there,

in the update there is a cool down timer on rez idols (30 sec) and potions (10 sec) so you can't just spam them without a pause in between.

Will have to wait and see how it works out but I'm hoping this will make things a bit more challenging and add some more fun to the fights.

Thanks!

From my point of view, there should still be a cooldown, but i think 10sec for pots is a little much, again, even though I agree pots should not be spammable - its basically cheating the game. 5sec is more like it.
-Morrigan-
Cronic, 143 Mage
Ninjastar, 127 Rouge
TheDarkSide, 67 Druid

Tada gan iarracht.

D0nk0 wrote:Something I have to ask:

If res idols are getting a 30 second cool down and health pots are getting a 10 second cool down,
Surely the scroll of rooting needs a 90 second cool down.

I only ask because all are avaliable at the plat store, but, like people have been complaining about "toe to toe" classes spamming pots, I know rangers who "spam" scrolls to solo main bosses who do not use magic.

And I'm sure there are a few mages and Druids that also use this "glitch"!!!!!

Just popped into my head as a bit unfair for us warriors and rogues now.

For my opnion, other classes then druids shouldn't even be able to root. Its a druid skill, its not like other skills have scrolls.. (dont get me wrong I would immediately quit with the game if all skills would get scrolls)

The potion cooldown, is an ITEM Cooldown. It extends to all items. Which means you can't pop a restoration and then use a root scroll, same cooldown. This to me makes perfect sense in a game world level, it takes time to uncork a pot a down it and also time to cast a scroll. Being able to just chug potions like an IV potion drip was a bit funny. Not to mention Warrior bladders must be HUGE.

But getting past the game world and just the real world game mechanics, the issue I have with almost everyone's comments in this thread is your viewpoint comes from Update 2. You aren't thinking about all the new changes to Update 3, bigger Druid heals, Tanks being able to deflect boss skills, tanks being able to stun bosses for almost the enture casting time of a Touch. It's a completely different game, and yer fuming over a system you don't understand.

Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Teaweasel wrote:The potion cooldown, is an ITEM Cooldown. It extends to all items. Which means you can't pop a restoration and then use a root scroll, same cooldown. This to me makes perfect sense in a game world level, it takes time to uncork a pot a down it and also time to cast a scroll. Being able to just chug potions like an IV potion drip was a bit funny. Not to mention Warrior bladders must be HUGE.

But getting past the game world and just the real world game mechanics, the issue I have with almost everyone's comments in this thread is your viewpoint comes from Update 2. You aren't thinking about all the new changes to Update 3, bigger Druid heals, Tanks being able to deflect boss skills, tanks being able to stun bosses for almost the enture casting time of a Touch. It's a completely different game, and yer fuming over a system you don't understand.

Tea,

I go peepee during the fights, I am like a hosepipe :lol:

As far as my point about the scrolls go, you are saying that a ranger/Mage/Druid can use one every 10 seconds when they last for 60 seconds. If so, they can range attack a mob in the otherworld, and never get hit.
If so, then the timers should be made more than 60 seconds for the rooting scroll otherwise they will effectively auto level again, which was the point of the timers changing in the first place i believe.

Mistake me if I'm wrong, but pots have a cool down timer of 10 seconds and Rez idols 30 seconds? So why not longer for the 60 second scrolls.

Don't get me wrong, I am over the cool down thing, I am just going to duel my Druid and warrior to keep me healed while I level, but would just like a bit of clarification on the scroll cooldown times please.

Ty
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior

General of PRIME

Um. A Druid isn't gonna be using a scroll they are gonna be using their Root Spell. If people really spend plat to every battle Root Scroll a mob and lvl up like that, that's a TON of plat spent. And I mean it seems like a really funny way to not play the game. Also the Otherworld is a aggro-rage area, you will rarely be able to cast a root on one mob and not get rushed by another. I expect a bunch of these questions will be answered when people just see the Otherworld and these huge areas of mob's. Especially because you will be rooted, frozen, stunned and snared more by these things than you do them :lol: Or one mob will freeze you and another will snare you and then 2 more will pile on :). It's messy.

As of right now all items, every usable item has a cooldown of 10 sec, whether this will get made longer on scrolls etc, quite possibly it should, no idea on those plans, I can bring it up on beta forums see where dev's stand on it. But I don't think people will be mass purchasing root scrolls in the Otherworld, yer gonna get rolled if you do, and waste yer scrolls :roll:

Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)