Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: 100 strength vs 100 heat/cold damage

My question is which is better to have on an item, 100 strength or 100 heat/cold damage? Which would you choose and why?
Don't listen to all these noobs here. They are using combos since level 1 with dual devices but still bragging about how fast they can solo leveling :)

This is the real answer (using auto damage formula by Papi - i miss him, a humble and very intelligent person, the truth player of CH):
Since you asked about the 100 heat damage which i assume can be obtained from Imperial Hrungnir Bracelet or Ring with level 180 requirement, then you must be around that level. So in the table below, i used the stat of rogue level 215 with full EDL armor,EDL main weapon and EDL offhand weapon / rondel.

100 STR on Level 215 will only gives you additional 37 damage. Just that.
Attachments
Auto Damage with additional 100 STR on a Rogue Level 215.jpg
Auto Damage with additional 100 STR on a Rogue Level 215.jpg (261.67 KiB) Viewed 1667 times

Edl rondel doesnt add 220 str as u typed in ur table. Skain charm adds 145 str and its dagger ability,not bow.And its value should be 2150 as per gear u typed in.

Nobody bragged about solo levelling their alts fyi, all these people were saying about solo bossing which means you as a single player use all devices at ur disposal to log all your toons to take down a boss

OPs question was I think abt some old(wyld or 2014 yule) lux brace vs new yule 100 heat brace Im guessing as there wouldnt be any comparison of valor ring to dmg rings,hrung braces to stat lux bracers. Just between the two lux bracers one havin 100 str n regen,other 100 heat n regen. Which as everyone in thread rplied depends on his class ; war/rogue str , ranger heat.
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

Edl rondel doesnt add 220 str as u typed in ur table. Skain charm adds 145 str and its dagger ability,not bow.And its value should be 2150 as per gear u typed in.

Nobody bragged about solo levelling their alts fyi, all these people were saying about solo bossing which means you as a single player use all devices at ur disposal to log all your toons to take down a boss

OPs question was I think abt some old(wyld or 2014 yule) lux brace vs new yule 100 heat brace Im guessing as there wouldnt be any comparison of valor ring to dmg rings,hrung braces to stat lux bracers. Just between the two lux bracers one havin 100 str n regen,other 100 heat n regen. Which as everyone in thread rplied depends on his class ; war/rogue str , ranger heat.
Thx ro. FIxed.
Attachments
AutoDamage100STR fixed.jpg
AutoDamage100STR fixed.jpg (253.87 KiB) Viewed 1651 times

The only problem with the above spreadsheet is it assumes endgame and full gearing and a str heavy build. Well I guess it dosent cover skills, but in general the formulas are similar to autos. In general and roughly speaking the 34 additional damage will be resisted about as much as the elemental making the elemental 3x better for that toon. But if you had a level 155 with much lower starting str the difference would be less. Somewhere on the low end of str the 100 would add more than elemental, but it would have to be so low it's not likely that 100 str is better for anyone of any class or build after lvl120-150.

You need to come up with highly specific cases where the vast majority of people spend thier time doing other things to justify any str over direct add damage.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

My question is which is better to have on an item, 100 strength or 100 heat/cold damage? Which would you choose and why?
Don't listen to all these noobs here. They are using combos since level 1 with dual devices but still bragging about how fast they can solo leveling :)

This is the real answer (using auto damage formula by Papi - i miss him, a humble and very intelligent person, the truth player of CH):
Since you asked about the 100 heat damage which i assume can be obtained from Imperial Hrungnir Bracelet or Ring with level 180 requirement, then you must be around that level. So in the table below, i used the stat of rogue level 215 with full EDL armor,EDL main weapon and EDL offhand weapon / rondel.

100 STR on Level 215 will only gives you additional 37 damage. Just that.
You forget to mention 100 str would also increase skill damage on top of that extra 30 some damage. That being said, 100 elemental damage is still better dps for leveling as long as you're on heroic haste with a fast enough weapon.

If the OP was wondering what is better for raids/EDL bosses, I think he should change his question to "whats the best raid gear for my class and level". Rather than comparing 100 str to 100 damage, try to figure out the best possible dps equip for each slot. In general, anything that increases both damage and attack will be the best. (ie necro dagger rings, hrung damage/attack braces)
A necro double attack brace would also be great for a warrior/ranger/rogue.

I'd still take 100 str over 100 elemental on a warrior, probably at any level and especially endgame. The str also adds to frenzy dmg and str, so instead of 37/100 it would be closer to 41/100 with some extra attack. Would boost pummel dmg also, and increase the effectiveness of shatter. The str goes to pierce dmg with a halberd, and pierce dmg is much better to have than elemental overall, especially for solo leveling
Level 220 mage- InnerCircle of Rhiannon
Necro, proteus, unox kills :D
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=runvs

I'd still take 100 str over 100 elemental on a warrior, probably at any level and especially endgame. The str also adds to frenzy dmg and str, so instead of 37/100 it would be closer to 41/100 with some extra attack. Would boost pummel dmg also, and increase the effectiveness of shatter. The str goes to pierce dmg with a halberd, and pierce dmg is much better to have than elemental overall, especially for solo leveling
I wouldn't say much better, only a little better at best, but that's only if you're solo lixing. The same would not apply to a ranger or rogue. With a lure mage, the 100 elemental damage would probably be better even for a warrior. As you said, it would only increase your damage by 41, does that extra skill damage cover the 59 damage loss? Don't think so.
Also when solo lixing, shatter would not be up the majority of the time so one could argue 100 elemental is better even then.

I think the skill damage does make up for the 59 auto damage. I posted earlier its approximately 100 to qs 200 to sneak 300 to assas.
If you take into account cooldowns (can't even use assassin till 30% and it can miss) and the fact rogues have very fast autos, even unhasted, elemental is more damage per second.

The formulas for skills are quite similar to autos and that's why adding 100 str gets you only 2-3% increases.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Wow lots of info here. I kinda get the idea? My question was not associated with any item in particular. Was just wondering about elemental vs strength. But i am wondering because i know srength gets less benificial the higher it goes. So maybe my question now would be at which point does strength become less effective then elemental? Ive read strength degrades after 350 stat points. When i add lots of strength to my warrior it isnt really effective. I do alot of solo with him and i like pvp, and not really endgame because i like to play on my own time. Just testing things and like to get input, thanks everyone for being helpful.