Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Purchasable skill points

Why do we have to pay money just to use more than a couple skills? Thats too p2w

A simple fix that would help a lot without changing the current system would be to have bonus points awarded when certain milestones are reached. Eg at level 50, 15 bonus skill points are awarded, then at 100, 20 bonus skill points etc

This gives noobs more reason to level up, the increased energy costs makes focus gear more desirable for melee toons, gameplay will be more interesting and higher pot/lix usage = $$$ for otm.
I really really like this idea.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I agree with Guth.

To keep this short, there are a ton of reasons why purchasing skill points is a bad idea, many have already been stated.

Bonus skill points at milestone levels seems like a far better (and overdue) option. It would allow you to get a couple skills up to the cap or start building up a new skill. It would help to ballance things out a little.

Would be cool for level pay for what level you wanted to be lol up to 220. For 200$ or something lol.

Takes a lot more than $200 to get that level

More like $1000 in plat items, even if you never buy plat
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

I still am perplexed by people on the forums. OTM adds items to hotbars giving all players up to and over 50 skill points (i get 62 on my druid) and i hear nothing.

Then this thread happens.

I'm just not sure if people are getting that the hotbars added a bigger boost to all characters than basically any update ever. While this was always possible, it just wasn't plausible to open menus and do it before.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Would be cool for level pay for what level you wanted to be lol up to 220. For 200$ or something lol.
500 lix max

Takes a lot more than $200 to get that level

More like $1000 in plat items, even if you never buy plat
$1000 dollars? i opened 600 chests on dbl plat, and got about 600+ lixs, sigs, all my lux with some extra gold for $300
lvl 1+ Mage on Donn