Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Thoughts?

can't wait till horses are out! Will make money off of fools who will spend millions just for looks.

Seriously, mounts are for traveling purposes, this game isn't even that open world yet, apart from traveling to Snorri or raids it doesn't take long to get to places.
This whole game is about looks (aside from the 1.leveling 1 1/2.bossing (you boss for better equipment in order to level faster to boss faster for better items too...). And besides, once you are looking at people who are being dumb, you can say
A. Anyone who plays is dumb as they are wasting their time irl, because eventually they will quit or game will die out and all that time will have been wasted as compared to what they could have accomplished irl.

B. Anyone who spends irl money in game is dumb for above reasons and bc they could have used that money for something else such as to help poor people, to show someone appreciation with a gift, take some friends to a restaurant, or anything that would be to your benefit long term.

Of course their are counter arguments, and rationalism, but the main point is that anyone can come up with just about any reason to call anyone a fool or to say something isnt foolish. (And i completely agree their are good reasons to play games as well).

Ive come to a conclusion that the only reason people level to endgame, do bosses for better items, spend irl money for more gold, get the rarest fashion, is all so they can "be better" then everyone else. The thing that keeps people going is the noobs who look at you and say "wow". How many people would have leveled to endgame with few characters, gotten edl, spent $100s of irl money, if this was all an offline game? Not many. So you could say the reason will pay that much for anything that goes fast and is rare is bc they raise their "wow" status with a horse, and im guessing horses will remain the priciest mount for a while as it is the first animal mount and looks the coolest of all mounts, and easily goes the fastest (with the skill taken into account of course.)

For those who may argue, just remember this is all an opinion and no one is being forced to take it as the truth. You dont need to prove your reason for playing, its obvious you have one if you still play. No flame wars please :D
You forgot to mention people who whine and rant on the forums of a game they stopped playing are 'dumb'.
Bullseye :lol:
You proved my point as well ;)
But like someone else said, i rant in hopes otm will fix a game that had such great potential that got ruined by ____. (Fill in the blank how u want, everyone has their own opinion :P)
World- Mabon
Sopdu- 180 rogue-ranting
CelticsHero- 144 warrior-ranting
"Real leadership is leaders recognizing that they serve the people that they lead."
"no matter what we breed, we still are made of greed. This is my kingdom, come."

But like someone else said, i rant in hopes otm will fix a game that had such great potential that got ruined by ____. (Fill in the blank how u want, everyone has their own opinion :P)
While we do appreciate input we do prefer if it was constructive criticism and suggestions for the game.

The feedback and suggestions forum would be your first place to check for this as we monitor it actively.

We do value player input as this helps us build a better game.

can't wait till horses are out! Will make money off of fools who will spend millions just for looks.

Seriously, mounts are for traveling purposes, this game isn't even that open world yet, apart from traveling to Snorri or raids it doesn't take long to get to places.
This whole game is about looks (aside from the 1.leveling 1 1/2.bossing (you boss for better equipment in order to level faster to boss faster for better items too...). And besides, once you are looking at people who are being dumb, you can say
A. Anyone who plays is dumb as they are wasting their time irl, because eventually they will quit or game will die out and all that time will have been wasted as compared to what they could have accomplished irl.

B. Anyone who spends irl money in game is dumb for above reasons and bc they could have used that money for something else such as to help poor people, to show someone appreciation with a gift, take some friends to a restaurant, or anything that would be to your benefit long term.

Of course their are counter arguments, and rationalism, but the main point is that anyone can come up with just about any reason to call anyone a fool or to say something isnt foolish. (And i completely agree their are good reasons to play games as well).

Ive come to a conclusion that the only reason people level to endgame, do bosses for better items, spend irl money for more gold, get the rarest fashion, is all so they can "be better" then everyone else. The thing that keeps people going is the noobs who look at you and say "wow". How many people would have leveled to endgame with few characters, gotten edl, spent $100s of irl money, if this was all an offline game? Not many. So you could say the reason will pay that much for anything that goes fast and is rare is bc they raise their "wow" status with a horse, and im guessing horses will remain the priciest mount for a while as it is the first animal mount and looks the coolest of all mounts, and easily goes the fastest (with the skill taken into account of course.)

For those who may argue, just remember this is all an opinion and no one is being forced to take it as the truth. You dont need to prove your reason for playing, its obvious you have one if you still play. No flame wars please :D
You can't say no flame wars and then insult people by calling them dumb for how they choose to spend their money. I find you inconsiderate, rude, and I'll-mannered for calling people names for how they choose to spend what they have earned.

You don't play, yet you want to judge others that do and spread negativity on the forums.

I highly doubt you have given your time in feeding the homeless at homeless shelters, helping rebuild homes from those that have lost theirs due to natural disasters, or taken your birthday/Christmas/work check money and donated it to a charity. Until you have, you cannot judge someone like me who has.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

If you have the money spend it. I do..so I spend. I do agree with people wanting to show off etc. I like having stuff no one else has. But then again.. I didn't go to school and make a great living so I can just give my money away. I'm not taking it to my grave..so I'm going to spend it. Nice car, nice home, nice gear in rl and virtual. If you have it spend it.. yea buddy

You can't say no flame wars and then insult people by calling them dumb for how they choose to spend their money. I find you inconsiderate, rude, and I'll-mannered for calling people names for how they choose to spend what they have earned.

You don't play, yet you want to judge others that do and spread negativity on the forums.

I highly doubt you have given your time in feeding the homeless at homeless shelters, helping rebuild homes from those that have lost theirs due to natural disasters, or taken your birthday/Christmas/work check money and donated it to a charity. Until you have, you cannot judge someone like me who has.
I dont know if you actually read what i said, but i didnt call anyone dumb. I said that people can come up with any reason to call anything dumb, such as ;....
If you look carefully, i introduced the dumb part by saying, "once you are looking at people who are being dumb, you can say..." I never said i believe people who play are dumb. I just came up with reasons you could call em dumb. To specificly prevent people like you commenting, i added in parentheses "(and i completely agree there are good reasons to play games as well.)"
As to all your insults, i specificly asked for no flame wars, so im not going to continue it. If you have a problem with me, go ahead and pm me or ignore me. Otm has said multiple times they appreciate the feedback, which should be reason enough for you to accept why people who dont play on the games still are on forums.
World- Mabon
Sopdu- 180 rogue-ranting
CelticsHero- 144 warrior-ranting
"Real leadership is leaders recognizing that they serve the people that they lead."
"no matter what we breed, we still are made of greed. This is my kingdom, come."

I was waiting for Zyz to respond to this ik it would be a response I would 110% agree to I gotta +1 zyz comment

First off, stop quoting people when your intention is to just generally reply to everything they said. Especially when the quotes are so long. The quote feature is to reply to specific sections of something somebody said, not to give your general opinion on it.

Second, make a post about the topic or not at all. If you wish to have a one on one conversation with somebody, do it over PM.
PM me and I will do my best to help you with whatever you need.