Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Future for rangers

The guy that posted about the str rangers getting their head out of their asses..........YAY SOMEONE I FINALLY AGREE WITH.

Its because of this that 99% of the ranger population has ststs like this:

And all they do is click one button and go afk during fights. Add to it they are *usually** the lowest IQ people to boot and omfg, what a party in your own pants.
Ok... Confused... In the above post U say t(-.-t) to str Rangers... Then in the below post you say dex skills suck... Pick a side dude
I agree with almost everyone.

He main problem is the dex skills do nothing. Incorporating str skills will not fix anything, just make it worse.

Auto-attack should be around to "fill in" the time when you have nothing else to do. It shouldnt be a ones main component of damage.

Thats where i have a problem. Afking auto attacks should not be even close in dmg to someonw using skills, a crapload of energy, and paying attention. Making str based skills is just promoting more of the same. If most people testify to str builds (auto ) being better , how does that equate to giving them skills too?

i have no prob with (i even support)the creation of str based skills, but not until the dex ones are actually useful.
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn

Wtf does dex skills doing less dmg than pure auto attack have to do with supporting the class either way?

You play the game to have fun, and i find auto attacking and going afk is not my thing, so. Ofc i like dex rangers. Does that mean they are awesome? No.

No class in any game should be auto attacking the whole time because its a waste of time to use skills ( any build). And if they are the game is quite fuc*** up (which it is).

Only rogues have instant damage this ammy allows any class to have instant damage.

Yes it helps all classes but for bosses you simply stand close to the spawn.

And yes it dosent teleport you but pierce isn't a bad damage type and you can lock mobs with it. As an instant skill it is basically giving a rogue like skill to anyone. Not all rogues have the ammy, most well equipped ones prefer/have other gear.
Lets forget the inconveniance of running up to the mob the moment the skill is ready, and focus on rangers (second?)most powerful skill, longshot. Nevermind by the time rangers use longshot, rogues have already used ss, qs, ammy skill (based on your saying its instacast), and are loading their next skill, but long shot had a requirment that goes against the ammys skill requirment, Distance. Either the ranger can start up against the boss to use the ammys skill, then run back to use long shot, or start off back to use longshot, then run in to use ammys skill. Also, id imagine a ranger wouldnt have more 2-3k hp for a strong bossing build, which makes them vulnerable to bosses aoes. Running in could mean death (idk how much AoE damage bosses do, but it seems reasonable to assume that it could kill them). Ignoring the previous point of death, its a completely inconveniant skill for rangers to spend 2m on, and rogues would still be using the skill more effectivly. If anything, the skill widened the gap between rogues and classes that fight from far off, not shortened.

Also, about your saying that there are better ammys for well equipped rogues, that means that the ammy they put in its stead leads them to doing more overall damage then these ammys would, right? In that case, wouldnt rangers have that same type of ammy? What good in closing the gap would these ammys do for rangers then if this ammy doesnt even effect the gap? (Meaning that assuming there is a gap between rogues and rangers damage, and they both have ammys that increase overall dps in a bossfight by 100k (making up numbers) what good does introducing an ammy that increases rogues overall dps by 80k and rangers by 70k (just making those numbers up while taking the delays of the ranger running forward and back again) do in shortening the gap?)

All in all, i feel like rangers do need a buff, and not in the form of a 2m ammy, rather a direct buff to their skills.
World- Mabon
Sopdu- 180 rogue-ranting
CelticsHero- 144 warrior-ranting
"Real leadership is leaders recognizing that they serve the people that they lead."
"no matter what we breed, we still are made of greed. This is my kingdom, come."

what does dex skills doing less dmg than pure auto attack have to do with supporting the class either way?

You play the game to have fun, and i find auto attacking and going afk is not my thing, so. Ofc i like dex rangers. Does that mean they are awesome? No.

No class in any game should be auto attacking the whole time because its a waste of time to use skills ( any build). And if they are the game is quite fuc*** up (which it is).
So str based Rangers should pull their heads out of their asses? Because it's the most dpsy way to play this game which is mostly based on the best dps wins?

Perhaps it's you and the other guy that needs their heads removed from their nether regions?
General of Seed - Crom
Druid 216+ & 130 something on Arawn retured in 2013
Rangers 221+ And 190+
Rogues 220+, 210+, 150+, 97+ & 150 on Arawn retired in 2013
Mage 214+
Warrior 218+

Ex member of Badabing, Celts, Uskoci & Serenity on Arawn

first id like to thank everyone who replied to my comment for focusing on the most irrelevent part, and the reason i said it is bc i saw this picture in offtopic. And that is who has less then 3k hp above lvl 150 :roll:
Attachments
image.jpg
From offtopic forums, much like this conversation...
image.jpg (117 KiB) Viewed 1455 times
World- Mabon
Sopdu- 180 rogue-ranting
"Real leadership is leaders recognizing that they serve the people that they lead."
"no matter what we breed, we still are made of greed. This is my kingdom, come."

allymia (jazmin from epona), according to old forums posts, is a ROGUE. Just to correct your post.

A ranger with dl and no points in vit would have more health than a rogue has with full dl and no vit because for some reason, even tho rangers stay out of aoe range, their dragonlord armour gives more health than energy while a rogues dragonlord armour gives more energy than health.
Shadowbolt3- 224 Rogue
Shadmistress- 188 Mage
Shadowbolt2- 113 Warrior (Retired)
Helaman- 157 Locker Rogue
ShadShot- 89 Ranger
Shadow Bolt- 82 Druid
Raganos- 100 Warrior
World: Crom
Proud member of Seed

allymia (jazmin from epona), according to old forums posts, is a ROGUE. Just to correct your post.

A ranger with dl and no points in vit would have more health than a rogue has with full dl and no vit because for some reason, even tho rangers stay out of aoe range, their dragonlord armour gives more health than energy while a rogues dragonlord armour gives more energy than health.
I wasnt trying to pass her off as a ranger. I was saying that i assumed that rangers wouldnt have much more then that. The reason i assumed that was bc they are out of AoE range. Whether allymia is a rogue or ranger didnt matter. Were she a ranger, that would prove my point about rangers. Were she a rogue, it would still be a good basis for my assumption on rangers hp. Ends up i was wrong.

So yes, i was wrong about a rangers hp. But that has very little to do with my actuall point. So lets please try not to derail the topic anymore. Have gotten too many warning bout that recently. ;)
World- Mabon
Sopdu- 180 rogue-ranting

Only rogues have instant damage this ammy allows any class to have instant damage.

Yes it helps all classes but for bosses you simply stand close to the spawn.

And yes it dosent teleport you but pierce isn't a bad damage type and you can lock mobs with it. As an instant skill it is basically giving a rogue like skill to anyone. Not all rogues have the ammy, most well equipped ones prefer/have other gear.
Lets forget the inconveniance of running up to the mob the moment the skill is ready, and focus on rangers (second?)most powerful skill, longshot. Nevermind by the time rangers use longshot, rogues have already used ss, qs, ammy skill (based on your saying its instacast), and are loading their next skill, but long shot had a requirment that goes against the ammys skill requirment, Distance. Either the ranger can start up against the boss to use the ammys skill, then run back to use long shot, or start off back to use longshot, then run in to use ammys skill. Also, id imagine a ranger wouldnt have more 2-3k hp for a strong bossing build, which makes them vulnerable to bosses aoes. Running in could mean death (idk how much AoE damage bosses do, but it seems reasonable to assume that it could kill them). Ignoring the previous point of death, its a completely inconveniant skill for rangers to spend 2m on, and rogues would still be using the skill more effectivly. If anything, the skill widened the gap between rogues and classes that fight from far off, not shortened.

Also, about your saying that there are better ammys for well equipped rogues, that means that the ammy they put in its stead leads them to doing more overall damage then these ammys would, right? In that case, wouldnt rangers have that same type of ammy? What good in closing the gap would these ammys do for rangers then if this ammy doesnt even effect the gap? (Meaning that assuming there is a gap between rogues and rangers damage, and they both have ammys that increase overall dps in a bossfight by 100k (making up numbers) what good does introducing an ammy that increases rogues overall dps by 80k and rangers by 70k (just making those numbers up while taking the delays of the ranger running forward and back again) do in shortening the gap?)

All in all, i feel like rangers do need a buff, and not in the form of a 2m ammy, rather a direct buff to their skills.
Longshot blows I don't even use it, many rangers do not as the dps sucks and you can't use it while bola in a group. Going str based is better dps, I just have some dex for support because I'm always in a group. You are better off on a str build as longshot is awful for most bossing and is only useful for leveling even with good gear.

For bossing on competing worlds Dying is unimportant unless it means a total group wipe or idol lock during boss locking. If you get afraid of dying the other team will do it and you lose.

You are confusing instant damage with dps over the longer term. The ammy gives Instant damage which helps other classes compete against rogues in locking - often only 15% of the total boss/mob hp. Rogues already have shadow and quick so there is less need to go one more skill you probably want the better dps of other ammy like comrak or gara sets. If you are a ranger mage or warrior the ammy gives you a big advantage, esp on the placeholders or regular mobs as you have zero instant damage and this will boost your locking dps.

And yes Rangers do need a buff the ammy dosent help that much. Also rogues shouldn't be the only class with instant damage its too op (and yes I have an end game rogue).
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|