Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Letting weaker players win endgame bosses

Agreed @crim. The want for the best gear gives people the motivation to continue. If people were given godly on their first try, then everyone would give up after their first try. The want for the best gear is what keeps players continue fighting bosses over and over. That's the reason we kill bosses like hrung over and over, in an attempt to get some of the best gear from it.
Thats why we need to differ. One thing is what plus3 said, theres a lot of useless loot that stands in our way to get real drops. Second is that sometimes low tier might be much weaker than a medium-high tier of another boss (60 dmg ring from hrung's lowest tier, 50 dmg from Aggy's highest tier, and believe me we have lots of 50 dmg rings and still ppl killed him, or armour rings being worse than anything else). Third is, we're supposed to at some point have a large amount of godly and imperial items, and generally be exposed to all items of all tiers at some point, regardless of quantity, there should be gear that exists and is possible to drop but we'll never see it. Last, if we wont get to see the drops, we'll keep killing it and we'll never move on, generally since theres no 150 lvls clan strong enough to prepare and take aggy, we still take aggy when we see him and have time.
Last edited by Criminal on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

The solution is simple. Make armor/weapon quests something that people do as individuals (no bosses and no camping). Leave eg bosses open and free of target lock. Everyone has the opportunity to gear up as they should be for their lvl and competition remains for eg bosses.

No thanks, endgame armours should remain a clan effort
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Lock has been part of this game for a long time.
You all liked it when you were the ones wining lock battles so find a way to work with it now.
I know in our clan some toons have not been levelled so they can be used to lock important bosses like sreng.
World : Hern
Clan. : BlazingFrost

Worrior : 188 Bichslap
Ranger. : 129 Winterstorm
Druid. : 125 Bwana
Rogue. : 129 gouch

Lock has been part of this game for a long time.
You all liked it when you were the ones wining lock battles so find a way to work with it now.
I know in our clan some toons have not been levelled so they can be used to lock important bosses like sreng.
Re-read, its not lock system that is troublesome (although fighting to the end was much more climactic) its the lvl-based lock that ppl havent been as aware of when we were all at the 20 lvls range.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Honestly, I don't understand why everyone is so upset.. Actually, I entirely understand. It was cool when y'all were the low levels getting target lock, but now that you wished to proceed and are still trying to kill dl bosses that your rival clan has paused from leveling to finish, you're upset. I'm basing every server off my own, high levels get what they need, then stop at a certain point to harrass rival clans. This lock system is keeping everything flowing. All you top clan, end game players have a majority of what you need. It's like playing most other mmos. Why move on if you don't have everything you need yet? I joined a small clan a week and a half ago, told them as it was, I need to earn dragonlord before I level, because I'm not hitting 200+ without it. I've earned my aura, now I'm leveling for the next pieces and will stop to camp bosses and earn them. Just because players rush does not mean that they "deserve" the easy way out. You're in a top clan, you've had your reign over bosses and you all moved on without everyone else. Now it is time foreveryone else to obtain what they need because you cannot sit still and wait.
Sulis
CAUTION-216-Warrior
EchoOfSilence-166-Rogue
Marijuana-160-Druid
1mp-125-Mage
Rhexx-125-Ranger
Retribution/TRclan