Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Boss Fights

Hey, so I'm new to this game and I am a complete noob. My friends showed me this game a while back and I finally decided to get around to playing it, mostly because the bosses seem really cool and fun. I notice it takes a while to level up, so I was wondering what level should I get to before I even consider trying to get in a clan and kill bosses? Any info would be great
Purist Thunderwrath

Re: Boss Fights

Join a clan around 60, one with 3+ pages of players of similar level.

Bossing, level 75+
You will be no help on a boss until you are the same level or higher as the boss. You hit exponentially less per level under a boss's.
Druids are the exception because they normally heal players instead of kill the boss. 60+ for a Druid to make a difference.
Mabon
Killsteal LOCK Rogue Level 175
Killheal Druid level 195
Proud clansman of WolfGang

:roll: :roll: YOU CARE ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN BUT YOU DONT CARE ENOUGH TO EXPLAIN :roll: :roll:

:D :D :mrgreen: Thank You for the Snorri Patch! :mrgreen: :D :D

I just wouldn't bother, a raid boss takes 20-40 people all fighting over 3-4 drops after...everyone else gets nothing the whole boss dynamic on this game just creates drama.
Characters (In order of creation)

Nigel-rogue
Gettafix-druid
MaidMarrion-ranger
BrianBlessed-warrior
NoelEdmonds-mage

I just wouldn't bother, a raid boss takes 20-40 people all fighting over 3-4 drops after...everyone else gets nothing the whole boss dynamic on this game just creates drama.
Bosses requiring this amount of players are all 190+

Drops also depend on the clans distribution system, some are fair and some are not.

If you are active and help (in most clans) you will be looked after. if you are an on-and-off player or just play casually you shouldn't expect the voids and godly

Just have fun and try and enjoy yourself :lol:
I am Relentless
Level: 230
Class: Ranger
Clan: Relentless
Gear setup http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Dem0n

, since most the active population and fun is at the max levels the game wont be fun since you meet a lack of people around your combat level

Its too late to start this game. I hope you find out for yourself before you have wasted too much time on it.
I would disagree, I had some if not the most fun at lower levels running around exploring the maps, leveling at my own pace, trying to complete warden and meteoric armor quests, helping others complete these quests at the same time, using target lock to get the bosses endgame playing are farming for alts :lol: it's not all about endgame. Sure if you make it that far it's awesome if you get into a top clan and kill the major raid bosses. Some new players seem to see the high levels and set themselves a goal of reaching this level not realising the amount of time it takes. Its off putting when you know it will take years. Just enjoy the present, have fun doing what you want to do. Endgame is when it gets the most boring with hours of camping, don't rush to this level. Make some friends in a low level clan and help each other progress. Plat is the easy option its not a necessity.
I am Relentless

why was my comment removed?

, since most the active population and fun is at the max levels the game wont be fun since you meet a lack of people around your combat level

Its too late to start this game. I hope you find out for yourself before you have wasted too much time on it.
I would disagree, I had some if not the most fun at lower levels running around exploring the maps, leveling at my own pace, trying to complete warden and meteoric armor quests, helping others complete these quests at the same time, using target lock to get the bosses endgame playing are farming for alts :lol: it's not all about endgame. Sure if you make it that far it's awesome if you get into a top clan and kill the major raid bosses. Some new players seem to see the high levels and set themselves a goal of reaching this level not realising the amount of time it takes. Its off putting when you know it will take years. Just enjoy the present, have fun doing what you want to do. Endgame is when it gets the most boring with hours of camping, don't rush to this level. Make some friends in a low level clan and help each other progress. Plat is the easy option its not a necessity.
how is it fun being a level 50 noob with no lux competing with level 50 alts with heroic rejuv amulets and golden bodkins/golden lux?
you cannot kill any bosses under level 70 without lux, you will just die instantly, you cant get warden / meteoric unless your in a good clan or have a decent amount of gold.
endgame is where it gets exciting as the unfairness closes and it comes down to skill not the amount of plat bought, since you would have spent like 5 years grinding without buying any plat you might have enough to afford the endgame lux items, yes the ridiculously overpriced items.

Honestly this game is so pay2win its not funny anymore, in the sv days the most expensive item was 200k, what is it now? like 8-10m?
i'm not trying to bash the game, it was once a great game, however, i dont know whats happened anymore, it feels like social aspect of the game is now gone, it seems like everything is hard to kill and the whole game is based around a super long boring grind and the amount of irl money you want to chuck away.

ever since the release of the big update 3, i have been much dissapointed in the game and i have lost trust in otm.
IOS:
rogue: Avicii
World: Mabon

Android:
Rogue: Vodka / 45
Warrior: Tank / 30
Druid: Life /
World: Balor

how is it fun being a level 50 noob with no lux competing with level 50 alts with heroic rejuv amulets and golden bodkins/golden lux?
you cannot kill any bosses under level 70 without lux, you will just die instantly, you cant get warden / meteoric unless your in a good clan or have a decent amount of gold.
endgame is where it gets exciting as the unfairness closes and it comes down to skill not the amount of plat bought, since you would have spent like 5 years grinding without buying any plat you might have enough to afford the endgame lux items, yes the ridiculously overpriced items.

Honestly this game is so pay2win its not funny anymore, in the sv days the most expensive item was 200k, what is it now? like 8-10m?
i'm not trying to bash the game, it was once a great game, however, i dont know whats happened anymore, it feels like social aspect of the game is now gone, it seems like everything is hard to kill and the whole game is based around a super long boring grind and the amount of irl money you want to chuck away.

ever since the release of the big update 3, i have been much dissapointed in the game and i have lost trust in otm.
I'm sorry you feel that way, I had fun as a noob. I didn't compare myself to other people's gear. I don't think it takes a super good clan to get warden and meteoric. Met is maybe hard as a rogue. It's vital to join a clan. Did you try and do all this solo? It's a game that requires teamwork and strength in numbers. if you are wise with your gold you can buy lux, it doesn't take a million years. It just takes a little dedication. I agree with you that's it's very pay2win and leans towards making people feel they need to spend money to get anywhere, still not impossible to enjoy the game without plat
I am Relentless

I'm sorry you feel that way, I had fun as a noob. I didn't compare myself to other people's gear. I don't think it takes a super good clan to get warden and meteoric. Met is maybe hard as a rogue. It's vital to join a clan. Did you try and do all this solo? It's a game that requires teamwork and strength in numbers. if you are wise with your gold you can buy lux, it doesn't take a million years. It just takes a little dedication. I agree with you that's it's very pay2win and leans towards making people feel they need to spend money to get anywhere, still not impossible to enjoy the game without plat

Hey, i was a noob back in 2011, back when the game was fair and it was a luxary to have lux, not a requirement, now days try level without lux past level 50.
Back in 2011 there were loads of noobs leveling, i just dont see that anymore. i would find many clans starting up with noobs running shale, now theres barely any noobs that arent just alts of rich mains.

its hard to find someone new to this game, however i only logged in a week ago and its still the same, still the same people grinding from 4 years ago, same clans, pretty sad tbh, they havent even made it to end game yet.
IOS:
rogue: Avicii
World: Mabon

Android:
Rogue: Vodka / 45
Warrior: Tank / 30
Druid: Life /
World: Balor

Hey, i was a noob back in 2011, back when the game was fair and it was a luxary to have lux, not a requirement, now days try level without lux past level 50.
Back in 2011 there were loads of noobs leveling, i just dont see that anymore. i would find many clans starting up with noobs running shale, now theres barely any noobs that arent just alts of rich mains.

its hard to find someone new to this game, however i only logged in a week ago and its still the same, still the same people grinding from 4 years ago, same clans, pretty sad tbh, they havent even made it to end game yet.
you logged in a week ago after 4 years off and you make a massive judgement based on a single login?
maybe these players are still grinding because the game is expanding, I'm sure many of these players who were grinding 4 years ago would have quit if there was no new content added,
guessing by your one sided posts you are a pre lvl 150 player who rarely logs in, rarely levels, top rarely has the effort to put in to doing so and you wonder why it's all not being handed to you on a plate, these players have the gear and the lux because they work and grind for it, if that's not you? then this game isnt for you it takes effort and dedication :)

the game is for you sorry what i mean is if you want the endgame gear it takes dedication if you enjoy playing its all that matters