Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: I wonder if this can get stickied

That post is from 2011, back in the good old days when lux was just that, a luxury, and not needed for leveling/boss hunting, and bosses dropped good stuff.

Just goes to show how much the game has changed from what it started out as lol.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Nah luxury was never a luxury no matter what admin has said. It was and seemingly always will be a necessity. If top gear is accessible then it's a necessity to own. That's how games work. You wouldn't purposefully handicap yourself because you don't 'need' something everyone else has, especially not if it radically changes play style.

Lugh
[list][*]Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
[*]Venus - Level 195 Druid[/list][/color]

Luxury items were a necessity from Day 1. The offhand weapons and shields that drop from mobs just cant compare. Also, sigils and restore pots arent widely used back then. Energy regen during combat is a must.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

Luxury items were a necessity from Day 1. The offhand weapons and shields that drop from mobs just cant compare. Also, sigils and restore pots arent widely used back then. Energy regen during combat is a must.
Lux is never needed if your a mage though ;)
But really, lux stuff is luxury. You could level without lux, ive done it before. You just need to fight with some tactic, people these days rely on lux so much that they wouldn't know what to do without it.
Also the ancient shields/offhands were close in stats to the lux shop stuff, but without regen.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I don't know when you started playing but before sigils were sold via crates, every Mage and Druid needed regen necks and offhand. Perhaps you were speaking from the perspective of a newer player.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

I don't know when you started playing but before sigils were sold via crates, every Mage and Druid needed regen necks and offhand. Perhaps you were speaking from the perspective of a newer player.
I started as a ranger in 2011 :)

But for mages, leveling i noticed if you use e shield you don't need hp regen, and if you use e boost you don't need energy regen. Both are old skills so the problem can be solved there for mages.

Druids, cant heal energy, but they can very effectively heal health. Since druids are not in combat themselves, they could stop a second and use meditate to heal energy.

As a ranger back then i was poor and had no gold for lux, so i bolased the enemy and attacked, when i was low on energy i bolased the enemy then used the 30 seconds on bolas to regen energy with meditate.

To level without lux is not impossible, may be harder, but lux just a luxury to make it easier. This is from my old player perspective.
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

Yea, I remember my very first class was a ranger, but then when the catacombs were released, I wanted to try a druid. Back then, there wasn't really a luxury shop except for the only item you'd get was the bird helm and when I earned enough gold to get that, I felt like a Boss. People would wear that helm with pride. But as a druid or mage in that time, you didn't really need any regens since meditate and the lot were all we needed. However, as time progressed and shalemont and stonevale released, meditate, recuperate and bandage wounds wouldn't be enough. We would then look to the new luxury items, but not many got the top luxury items right away unless they had farmed a lot in the catacombs (back when you could afk farm) or spent platinum to get the 500k deal (which back then was totally worth it). So we got new armors, and new weapons, and those were a big help, but we still had the issues of keeping our health and energy up. Once you earned enough to buy your first golden rejuvenation, it made everything, life, so much easier. You could reach the top within a few days with that necklace because you didn't ever have to stop fighting. Then, as more content came out, and harder mobs and bosses were released, the simple golden rejuvenation wasn't enough for the top 5% of players. So out came the rest of the luxury shop we know today (with some items missing ;) ).
Anyways, these would come to be very useful in taking down the meteoric bosses. Part of which I miss the ease of getting to certain ones. Then came the otherworld, we bought into the shop armors/weapons and took over the entire map in less than a week. A few weeks into the Otherworld, we were desperate for new luxury items, because the old ones just weren't cutting it with the sacrifices we had to make in health and energy (especially for druids and mages) to level. Of course, back in Stonevale, we would buy hundreds of sigils (mostly druids, mages and tanks who would buy a ton) which would help the few that had enough in stonevale or were willing to spend enough to get them in the otherworld. So eventually, OTM released the new luxury shop, and it was everything we wanted and more. Sadly there wasn't anything like a new version of bloodlust, but I guess the tit-like-helmets were good enough. Then came the summer event and radiant was introduced. Rogues and rangers were at the top of their game and druids finally had enough power to match them with their new skills. Mages got a good boost, but weren't as good as they should have been after they were nerfed too much for being op.

Anyways, I think that's far enough into the story to be able to tell that OTM messed up as soon as they released stonevale. Because they didn't give meditate, recuperate, bandage, energy boost, etc. the appropriate exponential boost that it needed to keep us at ease without luxury, and the fact that the luxury they provided us with was too powerful or too cheap and it made us drop these skills, they ended up creating a monster of a habit to always need luxury.

Proud Owner of a Blessed White Yule Crown

I started as a ranger in 2011 :)

But for mages, leveling i noticed if you use e shield you don't need hp regen, and if you use e boost you don't need energy regen. Both are old skills so the problem can be solved there for mages.

Druids, cant heal energy, but they can very effectively heal health. Since druids are not in combat themselves, they could stop a second and use meditate to heal energy.

As a ranger back then i was poor and had no gold for lux, so i bolased the enemy and attacked, when i was low on energy i bolased the enemy then used the 30 seconds on bolas to regen energy with meditate.

To level without lux is not impossible, may be harder, but lux just a luxury to make it easier. This is from my old player perspective.
When a druid stops so they can regen, the tank dies. In order to make meditate effective, you'd have to put a lot of points into it which takes points away from vital skills.

Now if you have a ton of sigils like I have 2k in sigils, then yes you can step back to regen because it's quick. But waiting for meditate is the day the tanks die.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue