Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Where the noobies go?

I agree, there seems to be a lack of new ambitious players. I am sure the 230 level cap is overwhelming to a new player. I can imagine a new player who grinds 100 to 150 levels now a days is pretty discouraged knowing they have another 100 tough levels to get to reach eg.

If you were 180+ at the update it feels feasable but a new player has a pretty steep hill to climb. No doubt it discourages new customers from investing.

Maybe in time people will start to gain some ground but it does seem like otm had designed the update with current customers in mind rather then potential new ones.
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

I agree, there seems to be a lack of new ambitious players. I am sure the 230 level cap is overwhelming to a new player. I can imagine a new player who grinds 100 to 150 levels now a days is pretty discouraged knowing they have another 100 tough levels to get to reach eg.

If you were 180+ at the update it feels feasable but a new player has a pretty steep hill to climb. No doubt it discourages new customers from investing.

Maybe in time people will start to gain some ground but it does seem like otm had designed the update with current customers in mind rather then potential new ones.

Yea this is what I was thinking too I made a post in the feedback section on decreasing the level cap but I'm sure those words will fall on deaf ears .

And yea they are fitting the game for the high levels but not thinking it's going to scare away new customers, unless they make more creative ways of leveling such as questing instead of having to spend 100s of dollars and hours getting to eg level.
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore

What's the difference in players that started at beginning and started now it's the same amount of hard work to lvl up nothing changes. Yeah there may be ppl higher then you but can't make all the high players stop lvling,what would there be to do then. I'm lvl 160 currently but if they don't raise the lvl cap all the high lvl players just quit and that's where there money comes from. So unless they add more quest lines for high lvl players cap wil keep being rasied. Plus I kinda like the lvl cap being high gives ppl stuff to work for unstead of everyone being lvl 80 and same gear
RISE ABOVE OR REST BELOW

Yeah i dont even see people level to 220 much. I know very few people at 220+, mainly because leveling almost always requires a group outside of boss rooms and it's very pricy and tedious to level. It would be nice if there was a double plat or double exp one of these days. Also i wasnt active upon release of tower. Was there a double plat weekend around the release? Thanks
https://streamable.com/4gxgz

What's the difference in players that started at beginning and started now it's the same amount of hard work to lvl up nothing changes. Yeah there may be ppl higher then you but can't make all the high players stop lvling,what would there be to do then. I'm lvl 160 currently but if they don't raise the lvl cap all the high lvl players just quit and that's where there money comes from. So unless they add more quest lines for high lvl players cap wil keep being rasied. Plus I kinda like the lvl cap being high gives ppl stuff to work for unstead of everyone being lvl 80 and same gear
Horizontal content. In games like WoW, theres a lvl cap below 100 (not sure if still is below 100 in WoW) and lvl cap increases once every few updates by 10 lvls. In Neverwinter, lvl cap was 60, recent update increased to 70 and introduced it's 8th class, and when I played all the fun started when I actually hit max lvl.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

Horizontal content. In games like WoW, theres a lvl cap below 100 (not sure if still is below 100 in WoW) and lvl cap increases once every few updates by 10 lvls. In Neverwinter, lvl cap was 60, recent update increased to 70 and introduced it's 8th class, and when I played all the fun started when I actually hit max lvl.
The max lvl in wow right now is 105, and that was from 95 in last update. But something both neverwinter and wow have in common is dungeons. (Neverwinters user made dungeon feature is awesome btw)
Belenus
Playing since December 2011
Rogue- 140+
Mage- 100+
Ranger- 105+
Warrior- 100+
Druid- wat is drud

There is no difference in total amount time put in. I was simply suggesting that 1-220+ might be overwhelming to a new ch customer and might make the game less attractive to them.

Other games seem to maintain their customer base and add new customers. These games have been around for much longer then ch and dont have an outrageous lvel cap. They just have more to work for in the game that is not experience based (i.e., alternate armor quests, gear from achievments, meaningful pvp, crafting, difficult achievemnts with rewards). I know i am preaching to the choir but the giant level cap seems like it is just something to keep us busy as opposed to actually expanding the depth of the game. I love this game and am really not even complaining. I'm simply saying i think this approach is part of the reason we don't see a significant influx of quality new players.
Clan: Alliance
Server: Lugh

Axon, 226 Rogue
DollaBeez, 217 Druid
CecilKain, 220 Warrior
Strago, 220 Ranger
Golbez, 183 Mage

There is no difference in total amount time put in. I was simply suggesting that 1-220+ might be overwhelming to a new ch customer and might make the game less attractive to them.

Other games seem to maintain their customer base and add new customers. These games have been around for much longer then ch and dont have an outrageous lvel cap. They just have more to work for in the game that is not experience based (i.e., alternate armor quests, gear from achievments, meaningful pvp, crafting, difficult achievemnts with rewards). I know i am preaching to the choir but the giant level cap seems like it is just something to keep us busy as opposed to actually expanding the depth of the game. I love this game and am really not even complaining. I'm simply saying i think this approach is part of the reason we don't see a significant influx of quality new players.

Very well said . Yes otm is a small company and should really after the final tower update is out think extremely hard on how to make and focus strictly on horizontal content and alternative leveling . If not I see it blowing up in thier faces .
Nueee lvl 222 Ranger
Arawn

Selfie lvl 125+ rogue ( Retired)
Lugh

Best rapper in the ch community
http://www.soundcloud.com
Search Nue Sizemore