Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Help needed with hrungnir takedown

Hello all
My clan is gettin prepared to take on hrungnir very soon. It would be awesome if the experts could give advice n tips regarding class builds, skills and the original fight itself.
Atm we have 10 full dls some having offhands too. Lot of 3/5,4/5 dls. Most are 185+. We have mostly rogues on clan so wondering if full str or hybrid was better for this particular boss. Thank you
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

Re: Help needed with hrungnir takedown

Hello all
My clan is gettin prepared to take on hrungnir very soon. It would be awesome if the experts could give advice n tips regarding class builds, skills and the original fight itself.
Atm we have 10 full dls some having offhands too. Lot of 3/5,4/5 dls. Most are 185+. We have mostly rogues on clan so wondering if full str or hybrid was better for this particular boss. Thank you
First off make sure everyone has pox pots( that you get from chest quest in sewers not the fashion one) since it will protect from hrungs plague aoe which does 1k+ dmg per tick. If you clan is mostly rogues you want a balance between str and vit considering hrung has a aoe that hits about 2k. Definitly make sure you have a lure mage packed with focus and has assas(pierce) lure as high as possible. Finally when hrung is down to 30% hp left he casts a skill called fetid feast which heals him quite a bit, to combat this hit him with shield bash or freeze while he is in the process of casting it.
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

Thanks for fast reply
Yes we have hoarded a lot of pox pots considering they wear off after death. About the lures, should we put the responsibility on a 160s mage as support so that higher lvls mages can focus on full dps? Or does the lvl difference leads to a lot of evaded lures?
Adrohan - 226 Rogue, Fingal
Get kills or die trying!
First Mordris n Necro kill on Android, nuff said
http://www.celticheroes.net/profile.php?hero=Adrohan

Each rogue should have a bare minimum of 3k hp I suggest some as high as 5k tho as the adds can pack a punch with shambling strike as for rangers and mages they can do with less health but Abit is still helpful as the adds will attack them while logging my druid I haven't ben able to get out of the Dmg aoe but it could be possible i just can't target from there so druids will need hp if you have a surplus of druids a natures breath druid with ward in rogue dps group can help a ton but with the amount of people you have i wouldn't be too worried
Oderint Dum Metuant.

This may not work for your clan but an alternate way to boss hrung is to have several Druids root him and only use ranged toons. Just skills can work for rogues and warriors if you are low on dps, but even one auto can be painful. Mele can instead focus on adds. Even if he rages it's easier to keep going with this tactic. You still need to do the freeze or bash to avoid fetid feast. But most clans don't have 5 Druids to root and lots of mages and rangers. So the traditional tank and mele strategy may work better for you. Overall I've seen this strategy use less plat items.

Even if you mele I would use a Mage or mages to run the full set of lures. Pierce, but also Fire, ice and magic if your Druids dps. A 170 Mage is fine as long as they stay alive, so keep them supplied with plenty of pox antidote.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|