Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Legacy mode possible?

I believe this expansion was the EOC(from runescape)of celticheroes,what is EOC? Well its evolution of combat update that really drove players crazy and raged(in runescape),i do not intend to offend anyone but i believe their should be a legacy mode,legacy mode is reverting back to old style gameplay and graphics. Because not everyone can play this anymore,well 4th gen players such as me because the crashing at the login,or if not why just turn off the animations? I do not blame otm in any way because they are trying their best to relieve any problems because they too are humans,not robots and cannot please everyone
Alt:
main: kidtundra(level114 Rogue)
aznkid( warrior lvl130)(no longer in use ;_;)
Always happy to help you! :)
NEW MAIN IN TARANIS!!
Kidtundra!:rogue 114

Re: Legacy mode possible?

I think its impossible since the new engine is a rewrite of everything in the game as well, but I wouldnt mind going back to old engine while others are on new engine so the game will advance and I'll save myself the lags.
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex

I think its impossible since the new engine is a rewrite of everything in the game as well, but I wouldnt mind going back to old engine while others are on new engine so the game will advance and I'll save myself the lags.
I hope they do do this so that everyone can enjoy the old days
Alt:
main: kidtundra(level114 Rogue)
aznkid( warrior lvl130)(no longer in use ;_;)
Always happy to help you! :)
NEW MAIN IN TARANIS!!
Kidtundra!:rogue 114

I prsonally think this would be a pretty cool thing. It would have to be a new app, on different servers then everyone else though, because all new updates and events will be for the new engine only, so OTM won't be torn between two games. It also depends on how much effort they would have to put into the legacy game, because we do NOT want them split between two games lol, that would mean twice as long support respond times...not something people want at all.

But if OTM is able to release a new app, using the old engine, and it wouldn't require much work, I think that would be an awesome thing.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Essentially Runescape's EOC was a complete revamp of the game, different combat, different looks, different poses. It was simply just a whole new game in general. However, with CH, all it is is a graphic rework. When the lag and crashing issues fix, then we should have no problem, and CH will just be like how it was, with better graphics and stuff. Even with Runescape's Legacy mode, it was just a change in combat and pose. The new engine was still in place, the graphics were still high tech. CH can't revert to the old engine like that.

I have 2 iPod 4g and I'm gonna -1 the OP.
From here on out, OTM needs to keep looking ahead and keep upgrading the game with less lag and more content. In my opinion, all these requests asking OTM to support old technology just seems kind of silly.
Awen1: 220, Ranger
BladeZ: 220, Rogue
Dmg: 200, Mage
Server: Morrigan
Avalon

From here on out, OTM needs to keep looking ahead and keep upgrading the game with less lag and more content. In my opinion, all these requests asking OTM to support old technology just seems kind of silly.
Have to agree with this. I also have 2 ipod 4g and literally only used them for ch (well one had music but eh). The lag on my only device that can still run ch (iphone 4) is almost unbearable and saps all motivation for playing. That being said I think the update was a good turn for otm. But they need to look into fixing it for the lower devices. I find it funny that people say "just buy another device" when the only devices that can run the game smoothly without turning off most detail settings are the newest, 6th generations. For a person who is about to start college and cant really afford to dump 200$ (or even 100$ for a crap used one) on a new device to run it on is kind of a stretch. Ch is not worth buying a whole new device, just to play one app. Otm needs to focus on improving the new engine before they expand further and causing more problems for players.
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

Have to agree with this. I also have 2 ipod 4g and literally only used them for ch (well one had music but eh). The lag on my only device that can still run ch (iphone 4) is almost unbearable and saps all motivation for playing. That being said I think the update was a good turn for otm. But they need to look into fixing it for the lower devices. I find it funny that people say "just buy another device" when the only devices that can run the game smoothly without turning off most detail settings are the newest, 6th generations. For a person who is about to start college and cant really afford to dump 200$ (or even 100$ for a crap used one) on a new device to run it on is kind of a stretch. Ch is not worth buying a whole new device, just to play one app. Otm needs to focus on improving the new engine before they expand further and causing more problems for players.
But ch is amazing! With all the content etc(sarcasm)
If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter

A lot of the reason the graphics engine was upgraded was because things otm want to expand into do not work on the old engine. So yes it sucks now that we have nothing new besides flashy new designs and a whole lot of problems, but hopefully the long run is going to improve the game, sadly, I think otm is going to lose a lot of players before that happens.
Biteri 224 rogue, Rosmerta, Reserverence.
Yes, I seem to be back again.

I wonder why some of the other Unity-games for iOS run well on older devices. Did CH go overboard with too much shadows/lighting and complex 3d models?
Everything is so laggy, i hate weapon/mount switching, having multitudes of targetting issues, and I'm already using a 128GB iPhone 6.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.