Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Ridiculous Fluctuation

I'm starting to have real issues with the damage fluctuations that occur with my spells (mage). Most notable is my most frequently used spell, the fire bolt, which with all the bonuses and attune is supposed to hit up to 7152. Let's just keep in mind that 50% of my max damage would be 3576.

I also run a 38/40 fire lure, which reduces resistance by 941.

Then this:

Keep in mind both of these screenshots were taken within 20 seconds of each other with the same mobs and same stats/gear. Notice that I managed to hit 3378 (and I probably have hit lower, just only now decided to take a screenshot), which is approximately 47.2% of my maximum hit. Huh?

IMO with a high lure, fluctuation should not vary from more than 25% of your max possible hit. This makes absolutely no sense..

A mage at heart... Fire mage that is.
Currently actively playing the game.

Re: Ridiculous Fluctuation

Armo wrote:I'm starting to have real issues with the damage fluctuations that occur with my spells (mage). Most notable is my most frequently used spell, the fire bolt, which with all the bonuses and attune is supposed to hit up to 7152. Let's just keep in mind that 50% of my max damage would be 3576.

I also run a 38/40 fire lure, which reduces resistance by 941.

Then this:

Keep in mind both of these screenshots were taken within 20 seconds of each other with the same mobs and same stats/gear. Notice that I managed to hit 3378 (and I probably have hit lower, just only now decided to take a screenshot), which is approximately 47.2% of my maximum hit. Huh?

IMO with a high lure, fluctuation should not vary from more than 25% of your max possible hit. This makes absolutely no sense..

Same with my mages (118 with aggy book 3 +5 fb event rings and +6 cloak/eshield event charm) 30/25 fire attune, 25/25 fire lure 40/25 fb and 25/25 firestorm my fb should hit about 4k max yet I find it hitting 1k on mobs my lvl and yet sometimes hitting 2.9k. The range of dmg on these skills is way too high.
Shadowbolt3- 224 Rogue
Shadmistress- 188 Mage
Shadowbolt2- 113 Warrior (Retired)
Helaman- 157 Locker Rogue
ShadShot- 89 Ranger
Shadow Bolt- 82 Druid
Raganos- 100 Warrior
World: Crom
Proud member of Seed

With 0 resist, fluctuation is always between 50-100% of statpage damage. Perhaps it's reisist is 1000 and you manadged to hit very low.

Remember armor is an exponential thing as well. Having 100 armories much better than than 0, yet having 200 armor instead of 100 isnt as dramatic as the first jump. Same rule applies to resists.

So imagine You get hit for 4k dmg from a troll auto without armor on. You have a Druid stand there with their dl armor and it gets autos for 1k. Only ~300 armor but 3k less damage. a warrior with 2000 armor comes along and gets hit for 300. 1700 more armor and hit for 2.7k less. There was more difference with the first 300 armor than the extra 1700. the last couple resist points are the most important and worth the most to get rid of

Mages never get kills on endgame bosses even though they're meant to be nukers. hasnt been a Mordy kill on herne from a mage. Havnt had a Mage with a snorri kill since 2013. Fluctuation should be 75%-100% damage when it comes to spell skills. (Including druids)

As I've stated before this should the winner DPS classes:

- Lock fights: Mages
- 5-10min : Rangers, Warriors (better gear/stats one wins)
- >10 min : Rogues

Mages shouldn't win a boss fight but they should have the most DPS (nuke) in the first minute of fight.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Every class has the exact same problem. Thing is you guys lack an auto so you notice it more.
A Mage is like a Lamborghini, You don't get one as your first car or daily driver and there are cheaper cars that go faster and are more comfortable anyway.

Arjunlite wrote:As I've stated before this should the winner DPS classes:

Mages shouldn't win a boss fight but they should have the most DPS (nuke) in the first minute of fight.

Dude what? Dps should go by how little armor the class has.

1. mages and druids (if they so choose to be dps)
2. rangers and rogues
3 warriors.

its not rocket science. But apparently no one else can see the obvious.
A Mage is like a Lamborghini, You don't get one as your first car or daily driver and there are cheaper cars that go faster and are more comfortable anyway.

MarcusD wrote:

2. rangers and rogues
3 warriors.

I'm not sure if you're o too many druids or not enough. Armor doesn't have to do with dps, it has to do with survivability. Mages have range; they don't get Aoe's from hrung or Necro, and can easily avoid everything if they learn where to stand. They should be a glass cannon though

P1R4HN4 wrote:
MarcusD wrote:

2. rangers and rogues
3 warriors.

I'm not sure if you're o too many druids or not enough. Armor doesn't have to do with dps, it has to do with survivability. Mages have range; they don't get Aoe's from hrung or Necro, and can easily avoid everything if they learn where to stand. They should be a glass cannon though

Maybe you are thinking of a different necro than I am.
(Not active at the moment)
SmartOne: level 191 Mage
SneakyOne: level 185 Rogue
Learn about Lugh ➙ http://bit.ly/15My6OK
"The trouble ain't that there are too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right."
-Mark Twain