Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: An Insight on Class Inequality: Rangers vs. Rogues

#251
yakat wrote:
Genesis wrote:
_Turmoil_ wrote:I'm confused. Shouldn't rogues be the highest dps class, maybe equal to mages? Rangers are supposed to be the jack of all trades class.. Why do people expect equal damage from them

You obviously didn't read the op...

You obviously don't understand class roles

Ah haven't seen you trolling around the ranger forum lately with your biased opinion. Thought you had finally quit :cry: , but I was not saying that rangers and rogues should be equal but they are parallel classes like they are in most mmo class based games... I however do think that they should be comparable dps wise because they are both dps classes and if you read the original post both classes have parallel skills and an almost equal amount of support and damage skills. Does this mean that the ranger is a support class, of course not, because by that logic the rogue would be too. I am saying that the ranger and rogue should have their advantages and disadvantages against each other; a rogue with instacast burst dmg and a ranger with slower casting but equal if not more damage skills that would do better or equal or even slightly lesser then a rogue. And atm there is no such thing as a class role for ranger... Except bolas which to me seems only effective solo levelling which is already slow due to the broken damage skills we have as rangers because in most cases there is a tank or the rogue will win aggro completely defeating the purpose of bolas which can only be fixed if a ranger could gain aggro which would be the result of a higher damage output which would be fixed by making the damage skills we already have relevant in the current game thereby solving the inequality of the rogues and rangers who are disproportionate at the moment.
Genisis18 - 195+ Ranger
Proud Member of Ascension
Danu
Image

Re: An Insight on Class Inequality: Rangers vs. Rogues

#252
Genesis wrote:Ah haven't seen you trolling around the ranger forum lately with your biased opinion. Thought you had finally quit :cry: , but I was not saying that rangers and rogues should be equal but they are parallel classes like they are in most mmo class based games... I however do think that they should be comparable dps wise because they are both dps classes and if you read the original post both classes have parallel skills and an almost equal amount of support and damage skills. Does this mean that the ranger is a support class, of course not, because by that logic the rogue would be too. I am saying that the ranger and rogue should have their advantages and disadvantages against each other; a rogue with instacast burst dmg and a ranger with slower casting but equal if not more damage skills that would do better or equal or even slightly lesser then a rogue. And atm there is no such thing as a class role for ranger... Except bolas which to me seems only effective solo levelling which is already slow due to the broken damage skills we have as rangers because in most cases there is a tank or the rogue will win aggro completely defeating the purpose of bolas which can only be fixed if a ranger could gain aggro which would be the result of a higher damage output which would be fixed by making the damage skills we already have relevant in the current game thereby solving the inequality of the rogues and rangers who are disproportionate at the moment.

Please stop talking, rangers and rogues shouldn't be equal we face aoes you don't. enough said end of story buff ur dps skills: sure. equal to rogues: no bloody way
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Re: An Insight on Class Inequality: Rangers vs. Rogues

#253
friddoo wrote:
Genesis wrote:Ah haven't seen you trolling around the ranger forum lately with your biased opinion. Thought you had finally quit :cry: , but I was not saying that rangers and rogues should be equal but they are parallel classes like they are in most mmo class based games... I however do think that they should be comparable dps wise because they are both dps classes and if you read the original post both classes have parallel skills and an almost equal amount of support and damage skills. Does this mean that the ranger is a support class, of course not, because by that logic the rogue would be too. I am saying that the ranger and rogue should have their advantages and disadvantages against each other; a rogue with instacast burst dmg and a ranger with slower casting but equal if not more damage skills that would do better or equal or even slightly lesser then a rogue. And atm there is no such thing as a class role for ranger... Except bolas which to me seems only effective solo levelling which is already slow due to the broken damage skills we have as rangers because in most cases there is a tank or the rogue will win aggro completely defeating the purpose of bolas which can only be fixed if a ranger could gain aggro which would be the result of a higher damage output which would be fixed by making the damage skills we already have relevant in the current game thereby solving the inequality of the rogues and rangers who are disproportionate at the moment.

Please stop talking, rangers and rogues shouldn't be equal we face aoes you don't. enough said end of story buff ur dps skills: sure. equal to rogues: no bloody way


Druids are in aoe. So by this logic, we need a huge buff on our dps and armor.

Aside from aoe, rangers are still taking as much dmg as rogues during lvling. Unless you count bolas in which it almost doubles the kill time because of having to cast and run away.

This thread was originally started by stating that rangers need some skills fixed and the option to compliment a dex or str build. An instacast or 2 would be sweet also.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: An Insight on Class Inequality: Rangers vs. Rogues

#255
Been messing around with warrior lately and they can be a pretty amazing DPS class too... My 50/40 frenzy adds 290 Dmg and 1.7k Attack, so that is the best buff skill in the game........ So for those of you that are like "Well Rangers and rogues are both Dps classes so they should have equal dps", why aren't you including warrior? :D hahaha..... Seems Like only biased views on this thread and stupid arguments from Rangers..... Maybe think that both classes aren't "dps so they should have equal damage output" and you should be thinking that rangers can be more valuable through other skills...... How about you read the descriptions the game offers for a rogue and a ranger and maybe you will realize that rangers aren't supposed to have the Dps of a rogue
Fingal-189 Ranger
killerpro-199 Warrior
X6caliXswag9X-190 Rogue
PoppaCherry-146 Druid
Gwydion
This Armour was forged by the legendary hero Fingal.....

Re: An Insight on Class Inequality: Rangers vs. Rogues

#256
Fingal wrote:Been messing around with warrior lately and they can be a pretty amazing DPS class too... My 50/40 frenzy adds 290 Dmg and 1.7k Attack, so that is the best buff skill in the game........ So for those of you that are like "Well Rangers and rogues are both Dps classes so they should have equal dps", why aren't you including warrior? :D hahaha..... Seems Like only biased views on this thread and stupid arguments from Rangers..... Maybe think that both classes aren't "dps so they should have equal damage output" and you should be thinking that rangers can be more valuable through other skills...... How about you read the descriptions the game offers for a rogue and a ranger and maybe you will realize that rangers aren't supposed to have the Dps of a rogue


Sigh. Did you read the original post or most of the posts in this thread. This thread wasn't started as rangers and rogues should have equal dps. And only a couple have even said they should have equal dps; the majority have not had this stance.

However, in response to your response which wasn't even about was this thread was about, it says on the ranger description that they are as deadly as any assassin. I'm assuming rogues are looked at as the assassin class as would be in most rpgs and mmos. So apparently OTM looks at rangers and rogues as being able to have equal damage output.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Re: An Insight on Class Inequality: Rangers vs. Rogues

#257
Zyz wrote:
Fingal wrote:Been messing around with warrior lately and they can be a pretty amazing DPS class too... My 50/40 frenzy adds 290 Dmg and 1.7k Attack, so that is the best buff skill in the game........ So for those of you that are like "Well Rangers and rogues are both Dps classes so they should have equal dps", why aren't you including warrior? :D hahaha..... Seems Like only biased views on this thread and stupid arguments from Rangers..... Maybe think that both classes aren't "dps so they should have equal damage output" and you should be thinking that rangers can be more valuable through other skills...... How about you read the descriptions the game offers for a rogue and a ranger and maybe you will realize that rangers aren't supposed to have the Dps of a rogue


Sigh. Did you read the original post or most of the posts in this thread. This thread wasn't started as rangers and rogues should have equal dps. And only a couple have even said they should have equal dps; the majority have not had this stance.

However, in response to your response which wasn't even about was this thread was about, it says on the ranger description that they are as deadly as any assassin. I'm assuming rogues are looked at as the assassin class as would be in most rpgs and mmos. So apparently OTM looks at rangers and rogues as being able to have equal damage output.

I don't bother replying to him. He says the same thing over and over again, disregards arguments that destroy his, and carries on with his narrow mindset.
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Re: An Insight on Class Inequality: Rangers vs. Rogues

#258
Fingal wrote:Been messing around with warrior lately and they can be a pretty amazing DPS class too... My 50/40 frenzy adds 290 Dmg and 1.7k Attack, so that is the best buff skill in the game........ So for those of you that are like "Well Rangers and rogues are both Dps classes so they should have equal dps", why aren't you including warrior? :D hahaha..... Seems Like only biased views on this thread and stupid arguments from Rangers..... Maybe think that both classes aren't "dps so they should have equal damage output" and you should be thinking that rangers can be more valuable through other skills...... How about you read the descriptions the game offers for a rogue and a ranger and maybe you will realize that rangers aren't supposed to have the Dps of a rogue

I was addressing class roles in which a warrior would be a tank. But a dps warrior can outdps a ranger all the time and be a tank if they choose to. Rangers are forced to suck at everything and should have their skills boosted so they can be COMPARABLE- not equal but slightly lesser to that of a rogue. In response to friddos comment rangers usually end up in aoe if they use skills but sense there are none that are of worth except longshot which is the one exemption. After all rangers and rogues dl armor is the same and are both meant to be dps classes as based off class description so why does ranger suck at it then? Give me one unselfish reason why rangers should be equal dps to warriors if not better and comparable to rogues who are unarguable meant to be the best dps class in game based off otms previous actions about the classes.
Genisis18 - 195+ Ranger
Proud Member of Ascension
Danu
Image

Re: An Insight on Class Inequality: Rangers vs. Rogues

#259
Zyz wrote:
friddoo wrote:
Genesis wrote:Ah haven't seen you trolling around the ranger forum lately with your biased opinion. Thought you had finally quit :cry: , but I was not saying that rangers and rogues should be equal but they are parallel classes like they are in most mmo class based games... I however do think that they should be comparable dps wise because they are both dps classes and if you read the original post both classes have parallel skills and an almost equal amount of support and damage skills. Does this mean that the ranger is a support class, of course not, because by that logic the rogue would be too. I am saying that the ranger and rogue should have their advantages and disadvantages against each other; a rogue with instacast burst dmg and a ranger with slower casting but equal if not more damage skills that would do better or equal or even slightly lesser then a rogue. And atm there is no such thing as a class role for ranger... Except bolas which to me seems only effective solo levelling which is already slow due to the broken damage skills we have as rangers because in most cases there is a tank or the rogue will win aggro completely defeating the purpose of bolas which can only be fixed if a ranger could gain aggro which would be the result of a higher damage output which would be fixed by making the damage skills we already have relevant in the current game thereby solving the inequality of the rogues and rangers who are disproportionate at the moment.

Please stop talking, rangers and rogues shouldn't be equal we face aoes you don't. enough said end of story buff ur dps skills: sure. equal to rogues: no bloody way


Druids are in aoe. So by this logic, we need a huge buff on our dps and armor.

Aside from aoe, rangers are still taking as much dmg as rogues during lvling. Unless you count bolas in which it almost doubles the kill time because of having to cast and run away.

This thread was originally started by stating that rangers need some skills fixed and the option to compliment a dex or str build. An instacast or 2 would be sweet also.

No because rogues and druids are completely different, unlike ranger and rogue. If druids get equal dps rogues need all the heals and buffs druids have
Image


If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
~Laurence J. Peter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests