Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: farming area

#51
Royalninja(LordRN) wrote:
Plus3 wrote:First off it is patently ridiculous that the earth is 6000 years old. To believe the account of bronze age goat herders likely with advanced syphilis infections over the staggering mountains of factual evidence you can see touch taste hear and smell is unbelievable. There are whole cultures older than this nonsense you are even being racist and culturally insensitive by denying their existence or contributions to the human race. I mean for gods sake you can count the tree rings on many trees older than this lmafo.

You missed a point. God created all Earth and, the very first animals, plants, and humans as adults. Meaning, Adam and Eve were both adults, including all the trees, rocks, etc, etc, etc.
Also, some people say 6,000 years, some say 10,000 or 15,000. I personally think its 10,000 and not 6,000

I know this is off topic, but Im just pointing that out....

There's plenty of hard scientific evidence to suggest it's millions, if not billions of years old. This however is very off topic take it somewhere else

Re: farming area

#53
Swan wrote:Just to clarify, I'm not saying you can't do this, but rather that you shouldn't. You're going into some shady tactics here.

If it's legit to spoil a rival clan's lixes to prevent them from becoming stronger, then by that logic, it would be legit for the rival clan to sabotage your necro raids by standing within life steal range. Or reset locked DL bosses. Or taunt drag using level 100 warriors. Because if they ruin your boss fights, they are preventing your clan from getting more end-game gear and becoming stronger.

^ The same argument you used to justify lix sabotage can be used to justify boss sabotage.

Maybe the rival clan already does this. Idk, I'm no longer on Arawn anymore. But I'm assuming they don't, so I don't think you should be wrecking people's lixes.

I disagree with griefing in general—and that includes both lix and boss sabotage. Lix and boss sabotage just adds more drama to a clan war, and doesn't really improve the situation at all. It just makes the dominant clan seem like bullies and the non-dominant clan seem like haters.

/thread.
Wattzon of Sulis

Re: farming area

#54
Smellyunder wrote:This topic is really about gaming ethics and tactics. Sometimes they do not mix. A good tactic like farming in an area where your enemies lix may not seem ethical but perfectly legit. Common courtesy is not so common in a game. In fact, one can argue it does not apply in a game. This is a virtual world not real life.

@OP, please answer this:

If your rival clan was killing necro, and suppose they had the power to kill it before rage, would you go stand within the life steal range? Maybe bring some friends along to eat more life steals?

Because that is actually a tactic. Enough lifesteal griefers at necro can and has thwarted many a necro raid.

And it's also not against the rules. OTM won't ban you for taking life steals at necro because that is how the game works. They also won't ban you for ruining someone's lix.
And it also prevents the rival clan from getting stronger. So does ruining your rival clan's lix.

So, would you grief the necro raid? Yes/no?

Re: farming area

#56
^ Yes, but I think the OP hasn't really realized that boss sabotage and lix sabotage are essentially the same.

The argument "screw ethics, it's a legal tactic" that he keeps repeating is same thinking that necro griefers have.

Since the OP's clan frequently takes down necro, he should feel fortunate to not be on a world with diligent griefers—people that really go out of their way to make your life miserable. Like those people on Danu that try to screw up necro raids.

But instead he introduces diligent griefing himself, and tries to justify these indecent actions with specious arguments.

Re: farming area

#57
Smellyunder wrote:
xanderace wrote:I'm appalled by the fact that some people would actually sabotage another's lix for the sake of clan glory.

Not clan glory but clan rivalry. No different from when you kill the rival clan members in arena in order they do not get gladiators to level. Since they made malicious report against me and my clan members to try to get us banned. So, it is tit for tat. Not pretty but how else can you get back at them?

An eye for an eye and the whole world would be blind.
I will not lecture anyone on their ethics, it has been clearly been showed by all parties that they know the right thing to do.
Arguments used in an attempted justification leave a bad taste in my mouth, they're pathetic.
Enjoy the little things in life...
One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things.

Re: farming area

#59
Smellyunder wrote:Things are not so straightforward as they appear nor can the complex situation of the clan rivalry be fully explained or understood. You need to know the history of Arawn and evolution of the clans to know what is going on between the dominant clan and the rival clan that was set up to destroy us. Then you will understand what all these tactics are all about and their necessity. I shall end my posting here. Let others judge us by our actions and likewise we shall judge others by theirs. Amd we do what is needed to protect our clan's interest.


How people choose to play the game is much like any other politics and can quickly spiral into anything goes style play. In a game anyne can do anything within the rules no matter what the outcome is to other players. Often artificial boundaries are used for the betterment of all people. Things like putting bosses on rotations, not griefing bosses or lixing, etc. This only works if the vast majority of people play along. however all it takes is a few evil bent players to reduce things to the lowest common deminator of anything goes.

Usually they are a few scammers, aholes, and otherwise trash players that band up and start the whole thing. Sometimes it can be just a few in opposing clans. Sometimes it can even be over simple stuff that just gets out of hand. It then spreads and once that smoke comes out of the can it dosent go back in so easy.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

Re: farming area

#60
Smellyunder wrote:
xanderace wrote:I'm appalled by the fact that some people would actually sabotage another's lix for the sake of clan glory.

Not clan glory but clan rivalry. No different from when you kill the rival clan members in arena in order they do not get gladiators to level. Since they made malicious report against me and my clan members to try to get us banned. So, it is tit for tat. Not pretty but how else can you get back at them?

Arena is one thing and lixing is another. I always consider fighting in the arena as fun, but I would never come in the way of someone lixing. Nor would I want someone to come in my way. Thank heavens our server isn't like yours.
I ride Kelpies and I swim in Deluge for I am one with Manannán mac Lir.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GodKaram and 35 guests