Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Alts:Really worth it?

Unless you use them to duel device with, is it really worth having an alt?

I currently run 2 aside from my main character.

Warrior
Ranger

I spend an hour of the 3 hours I log per week perfecting these, so is this really worth it? Is making an alt an act of boredom?
Does anyone else find alts a waste of time?
Snakes, Snakes Everywhere

Re: Alts:Really worth it?

I'd say it's a waste of time if you don't have two devices. If you focus on one character, finding the correct build and items that suit you, you will achieve greater things than dividing your attention (as meager as it currently is), on three different characters.

My advice is just to stick to one and do your best to reach the top. ;)
Druid Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Rogue Guide - Role, Build, Stats and Gear
Dual-Device Guide - For The Hardcore Players
Dragonlord Armour Revamp - Compilation Thread

Alts are a waste of time if you cannot dual device. All you will be doing is wasting time and lux on toons while you could have hit a decent level on your main.

This is why most people you will see that are still stuck at low levels after months have many alts.

There are perks if you've got alts, dual devicing at bosses can be very fruitful but anything beyond that you are just trying hard splitting your attention on 3 toons. This will take a toll on your gameplay with skills being hit late, button mashing etc.
Wattzon of Sulis

LeGenDzZ wrote:Alts are a waste of time if you cannot dual device. All you will be doing is wasting time and lux on toons while you could have hit a decent level on your main.

This is why most people you will see that are still stuck at low levels after months have many alts.

There are perks if you've got alts, dual devicing at bosses can be very fruitful but anything beyond that you are just trying hard splitting your attention on 3 toons. This will take a toll on your gameplay with skills being hit late, button mashing etc.

Unless you train with your alt
Belenus-
Assassinprime- lvl102 Ranger
Ravenwing-lvl68 Mage
Betaprime2-lvl68 Warrior
S0uth-lvl61 Rogue
Gwydion-
AtlasPrime-lvl180+ warrior

There are more benefits than just multidevicing can provide. For example you can keep one at a boss to hep your clan so your not always running around. You can do a daily each toon to get more levels cheaply. Having more classes means you have a better chance at using any drops you get. Your rogue main may be nice but maybe your clan needs a ranger w bolas for a fight - Or a druid for heals.

If you are poor with only 1 device then yes its a good strategy to invest in one toon to maximize your power. But considering I've seen single device users drop 1000 usd on plat when they could have bought 5 iPods instead it just makes me scratch my head. Instead of buying plat save up and buy another device. Its a much better investment that will pay off in bossing power and outright gold far more long term.

Alts on the same account are never worth it because you will never be able to multidevice.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

How is this even a question? If you don't find your alts of value then delete them. An alt is for 'alternative gameplay' either as your dual devicing slave or something else to do.

I feel like you're almost asking, "is my pet cat even worth it?"

Lugh
  • Vulture - Level 220 Rogue
  • Venus - Level 195 Druid

Venus wrote:How is this even a question? If you don't find your alts of value then delete them. An alt is for 'alternative gameplay' either as your dual devicing slave or something else to do.

I feel like you're almost asking, "is my pet cat even worth it?"