Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Alts:Really worth it?

frumentarii wrote:
JxOxCampbell wrote:
Venus wrote:How is this even a question? If you don't find your alts of value then delete them. An alt is for 'alternative gameplay' either as your dual devicing slave or something else to do.

I feel like you're almost asking, "is my pet cat even worth it?"

You've misunderstood

This isn't my question to players. This is a debate on whether it's worth spending gold on a character that's not your main? I know people that haven't made alts because they think they're a waste of time, even if they're bored of their main

I never said I wanted to delete my alts, I like having an alt, I was just wondering if it is beneficial in any way possible apart from dual logging

So you see no benefit to having alts available at a high level who can fill in when the clan is short on one of the 5 classes. I have been slowly leveling all 5 classes so when someone says, "we need a tank" or "we need a druid", etc I can log one to help out if needed and no others are able to get online.

I think some who are confused by the usefulness of having multiple Alts are only looking at the glass as half empty scenario. It is not about dual, tri, quad logging, it is about being able to use any one of them at any time for the greater good.

Makes sense, I'm not looking at the glass being anything yet, by the looks of my title it is evident that it makes me sound like I'm leaning to the alts being a waste of time, but I'm not. I think having an alt is a good idea but I'm curious to hear others views.
Snakes, Snakes Everywhere

I dual device so alts are great.

Another good point of alts is that if you have one high lvl character who you mainly boss/camp with, you can leave that character at say Snorri, and log an alt in the mea times to go do other stuff as opposed to running back in forth. If you don't have much time to play, focusing on one character first makes sense to get a higher level, unless that's not a big concern.

It's also good to experience with alts to know which class you prefer. Granted your resources get a little thinned out, you also have the ability to experiment with more of the game. Id only buy gear for an alt that isn't a co-main if its a great deal.

I'm a hyperactive person I need to do multitasking most of the time that's why I have alts on camping stuff while I do my office work and still can get bored unless I'm doing an endboss. at some point you dont see them as alts anymore, especially if like my case, my tank main rarely tanks, my druid is just a pocket druid only available for heals but is required to keep people alive and make them waste less restos, can't do without her. and.. I need to dps stuff too, my rogue lately became my main, since she can kill things fast you know?. voilà!
Lugh:
warrior 229
rogue 230
druid 228
ranger 228
mage 200

say no to dominant clans.

elletopo wrote:I'm a hyperactive person I need to do multitasking most of the time that's why I have alts on camping stuff while I do my office work and still can get bored unless I'm doing an endboss. at some point you dont see them as alts anymore, especially if like my case, my tank main rarely tanks, my druid is just a pocket druid only available for heals but is required to keep people alive and make them waste less restos, can't do without her. and.. I need to dps stuff too, my rogue lately became my main, since she can kill things fast you know?. voilà!

Dreamy situation:) i sadely cant bear doing 2 thing in one time:/ but u r kind of way of playing is cool!

I'm a guide, clic my sig to pm me!!
Hh

Of course they are worth it! I think people forget this is a GAME and that GAMES are there for people's enjoyment. I highly doubt there are people out there who only feel inclined to play one class. That's like playing half a game, why would u do that?
"Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence."
Leonardo da Vinci

Inertia wrote:Of course they are worth it! I think people forget this is a GAME and that GAMES are there for people's enjoyment. I highly doubt there are people out there who only feel inclined to play one class. That's like playing half a game, why would u do that?

There isnt a lot of people enjoying grinding 190 lvl lol
I personally enjoyed lvling and gearing alts till 130, then deleted them as i got bored and as it was a money hole!
I m also way more in love with rogues than with any other class: my only alt remaining is a rogue. I tested all tho

I'm a guide, clic my sig to pm me!!
Hh