Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Player ethics- is bugging cheating?

I am not asking for anyone to tell me how to do it... But seems like a pretty interesting post so I would like to no exactly wat is it?
Ever notice when yer fighting a mob and something acts weird, maybe the mob isn't attacking you back, maybe you are just firing spells or are ranged and for whatever reason the plane of combat is misplaced and the mob and you, even though you are only feet away from eachother are not under normal rules of aggro? This happens often with the boars on the northern and southern paths into Stonevale, it's a weird ranged coding issue that seems to be possible to exploit if you use certain tactics againt certain bosses. Once glitched some bosses can be reset by simply engaging their plane and moving them back onto protocol, some bosses however stay glitched and stay inert. This is the issue.

@LadyRose

Take Zum. He knows what he's doing, he owns it and he continues to do it. He has made it clear that while it is in the game he will take advantage of it, and he does daily. I obviously don't agree with the conduct, but at the very least he is owning his behaviour in a mature, it's there, I'm doing it... Manner. Again, I still think it's cheating and he agrees it's not gameplay oriented, but he isn't losing sleep over it and he is playing his game. On a root lvl, everyone is their own player, they will play the game as they see fit. To me cheating is like scamming, spamming or begging, it's a behaviour that I would seek to remove from my community, but since I can only legitimately influence the sphere of community that my clan offers, I can only start there.

I'm not a missionary, I can't change the minds of other clans, other servers, other people. But I can only seek to talk openly about my feelings, my hopes for my server and lead by example. If that makes me some boy scout chump? So be it. But similar to how my server comes down on KS'ing, begging, scamming and spamming, I hope to raise awareness to making people at least consider how their actions in this situation affect more than just themselves.
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

I am not asking for anyone to tell me how to do it... But seems like a pretty interesting post so I would like to no exactly wat is it?
Ever notice when yer fighting a mob and something acts weird, maybe the mob isn't attacking you back, maybe you are just firing spells or are ranged and for whatever reason the plane of combat is misplaced and the mob and you, even though you are only feet away from eachother are not under normal rules of aggro? This happens often with the boars on the northern and southern paths into Stonevale, it's a weird ranged coding issue that seems to be possible to exploit if you use certain tactics againt certain bosses. Once glitched some bosses can be reset by simply engaging their plane and moving them back onto protocol, some bosses however stay glitched and stay inert. This is the issue.

@LadyRose

Take Zum. He knows what he's doing, he owns it and he continues to do it. He has made it clear that while it is in the game he will take advantage of it, and he does daily. I obviously don't agree with the conduct, but at the very least he is owning his behaviour in a mature, it's there, I'm doing it... Manner. Again, I still think it's cheating and he agrees it's not gameplay oriented, but he isn't losing sleep over it and he is playing his game. On a root lvl, everyone is their own player, they will play the game as they see fit. To me cheating is like scamming, spamming or begging, it's a behaviour that I would seek to remove from my community, but since I can only legitimately influence the sphere of community that my clan offers, I can only start there.

I'm not a missionary, I can't change the minds of other clans, other servers, other people. But I can only seek to talk openly about my feelings, my hopes for my server and lead by example. If that makes me some boy scout chump? So be it. But similar to how my server comes down on KS'ing, begging, scamming and spamming, I hope to raise awareness to making people at least consider how their actions in this situation affect more than just themselves.

You should be Apples next spokesperson lol.

I've done it a few times, I will admit that. I've been in the group doing it a total of 3 times max, any other time it is out of the group and haven't gotten a drop from it, but if I'm helping other people get it, then I'm helping them get it. Looks like I've got my first warning in CR though.
"You follow Rafiki, he knows the way"

Agentyamski - Lvl 128+
Rafiki - Lvl 95+
Coldbreth - Lvl 95+
http://www.celticheroesfanatics.wikia.com/
http://www.celtic-heroes.com/forum/view ... 10&t=30536

mrtuba

i dont know about ur world but 30k for elm in my world is actually fairly cheap elms are rare drops and in our world 1 clan doesnt control bosses more like 3-4 and they are mostly willing to group with others..it might be that ur a low level people dont group for bisses in ur world although i may be wrong as i dont play on that world..
World: Arwan
83 Tank Warrior- Destroy
88+ DPS Rogue- iDps

Ya, I actually just visited your world and asked about stuff like that (I'm thinking about switching worlds). I talked to the guys in Stonevale, and I like the concept of more than 1 clan controlling everything. And yes, I am a fairly low level, but I know people level 80 who can't get in on boss groups in my world.
Griesbachan, Level 76+ Druid
Inhabitant of the realm of Lugh
Proud Recruit of Clan Ancients

Once I get to level 80, get full Green Shadow Armor, and get myself an icon, I'd be interested in having an artisic rendering of my character for my sig. :D