Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

An honest quest about Celtic Heroes Loot-Code

We oftentimes laugh in groups because the last person added to help, or the last person in group to run to make it to the boss gets the gear. We laugh so often about this however, that it makes me wonder if there really is a subtle code that dictates that the chances of a drop goes to the last person in the range of the boss.

I know this seems ridiculous and counterintuitive but I know everyone here knows exactly what I am talking about. If yer fighting shiver cowl PH, and you have a full group but one guy is running late, no leystones and he shows up at last hit, there is a seemingly 90% chance he gets whatever drops. Same with a boss group with 5 or 6 that picks up a last minute person for a quest or something, it's like a 90% chance again that THAT person gets what drops, despite what everyone else contributed.

Can we get a developer to just check this phenomena out? See if there is any subtle line of code that would make such a bizarre occurrence so freaking likely. We laugh so much about this, and with good reason...but is there an actual reason for it?
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

Re: An honest quest about Celtic Heroes Loot-Code

Ya i noticed that the last people to join a group or the ones who get the kill, often get the drop. I did some boss fights with some friends and i always managed to kill the bosses and only didn't get the drops 2 out of the 8 times. That can't be coincidence.
World: Morrigan
Clan: Avalon
Name: DeathsShadow
Level: 87
Class: Rogue
Longest playing Rogue in Morrigan...

+ 1

I think we are not paranoiacs and indeed we all noticed this phenomenon. Also concern people logging off and rejoigning a group.

But truth is we all benefit from it time to time, because it happens very often to be in group last, usually when i log in i receive an invite and group is full. Also happens often sever crash, lags...

But whatever the case, and even if we all benefit from it time to time, I also would love to know why and ending this mystery !!!
SHADOWKRAR : Warrior 182 Full Glacial
S007 : Rogue 182 Full Glacial / Full Radiant
SHADOWSNIPPER : Ranger 72 Full Meteroric
World : Lugh
Clan : Chieftain of BERSERKERS clan

Hey there, it's an equal chance for everyone in the group, it may just be that you notice those occurrences more and so they stand out more and therefore appear more frequent.

This could be the case, but it also could be something with the math.. Like if it's a 7 person group, does the code just juggle numbers 1-7 and pick 1 (or 3), or does it do like a instant probability rolls on each member rolling for the 7th member first or something... I mean it could be as simple as that, like an algorithm that is in fact meant to be equal but operates in such a way that has unintended results.

Krogg is right, we all benefit from it, but this is DEFINITE part of the game, and it happens many more times than a 1/7th's chance.

I'm certain that you guys don't really engage in as many loot rolls as we all do, perhaps just for observation you could code in a little recorder for a certain boss and what number'd member of the group that bosses's loot goes to. Run it for a week in between tuesday patches and comb thru the data. A week's sample size should be large enough to see. Just to cement that the system is indeed working. And if it is, and we are all nuts, then so be it...but everyone knows this phenomenon and it's just funny.

Hey there, it's an equal chance for everyone in the group, it may just be that you notice those occurrences more and so they stand out more and therefore appear more frequent.

This could be the case, but it also could be something with the math.. Like if it's a 7 person group, does the code just juggle numbers 1-7 and pick 1 (or 3), or does it do like a instant probability rolls on each member rolling for the 7th member first or something... I mean it could be as simple as that, like an algorithm that is in fact meant to be equal but operates in such a way that has unintended results.

Krogg is right, we all benefit from it, but this is DEFINITE part of the game, and it happens many more times than a 1/7th's chance.

I'm certain that you guys don't really engage in as many loot rolls as we all do, perhaps just for observation you could code in a little recorder for a certain boss and what number'd member of the group that bosses's loot goes to. Run it for a week in between tuesday patches and comb thru the data. A week's sample size should be large enough to see. Just to cement that the system is indeed working. And if it is, and we are all nuts, then so be it...but everyone knows this phenomenon and it's just funny.

From my experience in asking questions like this, it seems that onethumb doesn't like to give the math behind the formula. rightfully so, because then we could learn how to exploit it. I have just taken to trusting their word on things like this. :)

or does it do like a instant probability rolls on each member rolling for the 7th member first or something... I mean it could be as simple as that, like an algorithm that is in fact meant to be equal but operates in such a way that has unintended results.
Computers uses a "seed number" to generate a random number. Good randomizers uses different seed numbers such as based on time, but perhaps the code distribution code uses a constant seed number which, in essence, makes the random number generator truly not random at all.

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

They don't hafta answer me. I don't need to know how they do it, I just wanna draw attention to the possibility that the randomness of drop might be flawed.

Again. What I'm talking about is definately in game, we all see it and see it much more often than the sample group 14.3% chance that would warrant it. And the admin has a point, maybe since it's a riddiculous thing, everyone is more sensitive to it in their awareness. But it feels much more significant than just that awareness.

It doesn't ruin the game, everyone like Krogg says, benefits from it at some time. It's just bizarre.