Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What was your strategy Otm?

Okay now that the Necro patch is here i think its time we know what was going on in your heads. Please dont move this topic anywhere else because its not a suggestion of any sort. Its just a straight forward question to you guys and im pretty sure almost everybody wants an answer to this.
When you guys introduced the necro, what was your original strategy? What was your idea to kill him? Im asking you guys this because i wanna know the truth. I wanna know if you guys tested it with lvl 400s or with realistic lvl 190s. I want an answer to this as soon as you people can respond.
Corleone lvl 193 Warrior - Tank. Robbed of my items and forced to quit.
Hrungnir lvl 175 Warrior - Dps.

Ex - Elite

Mabon

Re: What was your strategy Otm?

Otm of course wont give you a direct answer because they simply want you to struggle with trying to find out the perfect strategy
Lukov lvl 205 rogue
Lukov4 lvl 199 druid
Lukov2 lvl 63 warrior able to shield bash Aggy
Helpfullukov lvl 197 mage. Part three of the lukov combo
skywalker1 lvl 100 ranger
Expansion update 4 & destiny beta tester

Lukov wrote:Otm of course wont give you a direct answer because they simply want you to struggle with trying to find out the perfect strategy

The patch has been made. The encounter has been changed. My question is what was theyre strategy for killing it without the patch?

Ex - Elite

Mabon

Mainly, there were some issues around burst damage in the encounter that have been improved, the original idea was to make an encounter that was easier than Mordris for the best players (best gear/level etc) but harder if the tactic was a zerg rush. However since release we've had some good feedback and have tweaked the encounter based on that and additional testing around the issues that were raised. This encounter is still geared towards challenging and rewarding the highest level players with the best gear, for other players there are lesser bosses to tackle.

admin wrote:Mainly, there were some issues around burst damage in the encounter that have been improved, the original idea was to make an encounter that was easier than Mordris for the best players (best gear/level etc) but harder if the tactic was a zerg rush. However since release we've had some good feedback and have tweaked the encounter based on that and additional testing around the issues that were raised. This encounter is still geared towards challenging and rewarding the highest level players with the best gear, for other players there are lesser bosses to tackle.

Was the OTM testing team able to kill him without using elixirs?

There are two types of people in this world: Those who crave closure

A business is more profitable if they don't gouge and piss off customers.

admin wrote:Mainly, there were some issues around burst damage in the encounter that have been improved, the original idea was to make an encounter that was easier than Mordris for the best players (best gear/level etc) but harder if the tactic was a zerg rush. However since release we've had some good feedback and have tweaked the encounter based on that and additional testing around the issues that were raised. This encounter is still geared towards challenging and rewarding the highest level players with the best gear, for other players there are lesser bosses to tackle.

Glad to hear it is supposed to be challenging, please keep it that way. No more patched files to make it noob friendly. I don't care who kills it first or last, just having a challenge there is a bonus already. Like you said there are lesser bosses for others to tackle.
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless

My question wasnt what was wrong with the necro before patch. I want to know how you people intended to kill him without the patch. I wanna know how many people u needed ? How to handle the adds? How you wanted us to evade that life steal of his?
What was your strategy of killing him before the patch?
I just wanna know if it was impossible for you too or if you guys tested with unrealistic levelled characters

Ex - Elite

Mabon

By best gear you mean the lowest tier Hrungnir and Mordris items right? Not Godly and Void items all around, because the lower tier is what we receive 90% of the time.
RAPIDx - 225 Rogue
Rhiannon GameChanger

———————————
Some Guy - 220 Rogue
Epona Prodigy

BLRD-7 wrote:

By best gear you mean the lowest tier Hrungnir and Mordris items right? Not Godly and Void items all around, because the lower tier is what we receive 90% of the time.
lol my thoughts exactly
Legolas15
Retired
The greatest warrior to ever grace Arawn ;)
Brother to Jcbeast

Corleone wrote:My question wasnt what was wrong with the necro before patch. I want to know how you people intended to kill him without the patch. I wanna know how many people u needed ? How to handle the adds? How you wanted us to evade that life steal of his?
What was your strategy of killing him before the patch?
I just wanna know if it was impossible for you too or if you guys tested with unrealistic levelled characters

Lol, I don't want OTM to tell me how to kill it or even how they intended us to kill it. Half the fun with the battle is making you figure that out.
Homeworld: Gwydion
Clan: Relentless