Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Rivalries and Hate

(Scroll to bottom if you're too lazy to read and just want the rundown.)
I've seen a lot of hatred throughout my CH days between rival clans and simply people who just "aren't compatible" with others, but I never really understood why people are so arrogant to others. I understand trash talking the opposing team to a certain extent, but It seems kind of childish to hold a grudge against other people for choosing a different clan than you or simply killing a boss you wanted. Anyways I have a few specific questions about this topic the first one being...

Clan Rivalries! I always wondered why people get so riled up and banter back and forth about reasons why the other person sucks and whatnot. I'm not exactly a rocket scientist but I believe the point of Celtic Heroes is to bring the players joy and entertain them. I see people trash talking others simply because they don't have as good gear or are camping the same boss as another group and it just always irked me. One time, as I was waiting for 160 with my clannies he magically spawned as a 6*. Naturally, Elite was trying to get a group (Which they couldn't because it was the middle of the night) and Wolfgang was doing the same. We scrounged up a group of 6 or 7 people and decided we'd give it a go. As elite pulled mobs they would say things like "You can't do it" and "Stupid kids, trying to take with a small group" and name callings etc but I never understood where it came from.. What did we ever do to you besides present a challenge? Next thing I was wondering is why people take it to..

Forums! Bantering and trash talking in game is one thing, but bringing it to forums just seems a bit childish don't you think? I see posts everywhere of people just pointing out spelling errors or saying someone is stupid because of their opinions but I never really understood it all. There are a few people like Bluewing who aim just to cause chaos for no reason, but for an entire group to be bashing on another is kind of retarded... I also see entire threads dedicated to "This person killed me in arena" and "this person's so dumb look what he did" but where's the fun in that? If you think about it, forums is the next closest thing to Real Life which brings me to my next question, which is kind of an odd one.

Real Life Interference. I know a few people who know people from their rival clans in real life (2 to be exact, and they know each other so it's basically 1) but I always wondered how they interact out of CH. Do you have drinks at their house and talk about life or do you see each other on the subway and scowl at the other person because he killed a boss you wanted the previous night?

So basically I just have 3 questions.
1 - Why do you, personally, feel the need to insult rivals and make them feel lowly in game,
2 - Why do you bring the fighting to forums? Seems a bit far don't ya think..
3 - If you know someone out of game who plays and is a rival IN GAME, how do you interact with them OUT OF GAME?

We're all people, people. Even the scammers have lives out of CH and I doubt all of them go around swiping peoples purses and their favorite candy bars at the nearest convenience store. Except Dakota. He does that for sure. Anyways, I doubt anyone will really care about this post, but I really am just curious... Why the hate? We're all in the same boat, aiming to play the perfect game for entertainment, why make it miserable for someone else?
Jikasle - Level 168 Druid - RIP
TheDiz - 201 Rogue
DruiDiz - 145 Druid
NOVALIS

Re: Rivalries and Hate

The simple fact of the matter is that every1 is a badass behind a keyboard, we got keyboard Killas in there mums basement playing halo. I seen all the unfathomable, frankly if half the people who scammed me on the game met me irl I can guarantee they wouldn't act like the big men they think they are. Heck, half of them would beg me not to rip them to shreds

Magixal wrote:The simple fact of the matter is that every1 is a badass behind a keyboard, we got keyboard Killas in there mums basement playing halo. I seen all the ****, frankly if half the people who scammed me on the game met me irl I can guarantee they wouldn't act like the big men they think they are. Heck, half of them would beg me not to rip them to shreds

The trueness in this is unexplainable.
World- Sulis
FrostKnight- LVL 222 Ranger
FrostDagger- LVL 198 Rogue
Sancus- LVL 197 Mage

Magixal wrote:The simple fact of the matter is that every1 is a badass behind a keyboard, we got keyboard Killas in there mums basement playing halo. I seen all the ****, frankly if half the people who scammed me on the game met me irl I can guarantee they wouldn't act like the big men they think they are. Heck, half of them would beg me not to rip them to shreds

Ironic how he says about badasses behind keyboards isn't it?

Very ironic lol! And people scam in game so they can get bette fast but i think that is just wrong. I dont have the stomach to take from others. I have no idea why people arent nice but i give noobs some gold to help them start :)
WORLD LUGH: CLAN ALLIANCE
Tambo7 215 rogue
EDL armour

Those who never fail are those who never try -Ilka Chase
Baseball is my Life. The rest are just details
The difference between the possible and impossible lies in a person determination-Tommy Lasorda

Rivalry and hate fuels to desire to play this game more and more. It would be very boring with just boss runs, training, gladiator, repeat the process.

You need these kind of things to spice up life, not that i support any of it.
Wattzon of Sulis

Tl;dr

This is just based off the title.

It's called cabin fever. Players are forced to play on one server (since you don't know what type of people there are in each server before you pick one) with people who they may or may not get along with. On several other MMOs, if you find someone you don't like, you hop worlds. You can't do that in CH, especially after investing a ton of time/money into your account.

"Cabin fever is an idiomatic term, first recorded in 1918, for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in a small space..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_fever

They could either allow us to freely transfer servers or label the servers. "Atheists" would be one. "Racists"? Another one would be called "Psychopaths" or "SubSixteen".
"We don't agree because our experience brings us to opposing views. That's life. At the end of the day there's no reason to go against how you see it. The choice is yours."

The Aggronator wrote:Tl;dr

This is just based off the title.

It's called cabin fever. Players are forced to play on one server (since you don't know what type of people there are in each server before you pick one) with people who they may or may not get along with. On several other MMOs, if you find someone you don't like, you hop worlds. You can't do that in CH, especially after investing a ton of time/money into your account.

"Cabin fever is an idiomatic term, first recorded in 1918, for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in a small space..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_fever

They could either allow us to freely transfer servers or label the servers. "Atheists" would be one. "Racists"? Another one would be called "Psychopaths" or "SubSixteen".

Another server name: Ghetto...

As to the op, I agree that clan wars are rather stupid, but they happen due to the fact that The Aggronator said above, Cabin Fever. Some people don't mix well with others, so they form different clans. Then when two clans attempt a boss at the same time, they clash and immediately start to fight, leading to a clan war. The problem with clan wars is that innocent people sometimes get caught in it simply because of their clan. Innocent people being those who have lots of friends and don't want any kind of war. Another problem is when people have a grudge against someone, but take it out on their clan, a very sad thing.

Overall I honestly don't see why people enjoy wars, I suppose I'm one of the "innocents", I try to get along with everyone, and so far there are only 3 people who I absolutely dislike. I try to keep it at that.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can occasionally find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

FrostKnight wrote:

The trueness in this is unexplainable.

To bad hes like 10 and says inappropriate things over a game ;)
Android Tester :)
Not playing atm!