Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

beta testing

when choosing beta testing i think that the players who have been playing this game the longest should be chosen first. i have been playing ever sice plate armour was unristricted and it was the best. the players who have been playing the longest would make a better choice because they have seen the game grow and know more than the newer players.( I have been waiting since i began playing and havent gotten a spott im just worried i wont get one sorry)
Ios
Epona, fullcircle lv 100 rogue

Android
Fingal, Gilberto1029 lv 94 druid

Re: beta testing

Its not about when you started playing. It facors in how active in the game you are and on the forums.

On this note Admin posted he will bemakeing a post to tell us how to apply for a Beta position today and ive been on all day waiting for that post its still not up.
Name:HoorDee/DrPeppers
Class:(Balor) Warrior(Rosmerta)Druid
Level:170/140

No one supports the second generation ipods and iphones anymore. I personally think that they should just get rid of them admin said if he did the graphics of this game would be much better.

I agree, here is how I think the Beta Testers should be chosen,

1:First, the players who have been playing the game the longest and have been active should be chosen, I've been playing this game since mid June 2011, and active on the forums since then as well, although I used my other account DARKNIGHT for forums.

2: Newer players that are active and HIGH LEVEL to show they even though they are beginners they've gown dedication and priority to the game.

3: The testers should be in category, what I mean by this is, the Admin, and Devs should look for people of every device, one that has 1st Gen- and so on, do not every one testing has the same device, if this isint done something that works on the iPad2 may not properly work for the iPod touch2G.

I am already locked in from the past beta tests my iPad UDID is still ther jus waiting on a beta build from test flight :)an I be beta testing again if it like the past jus hold tight wait for a post on website r forum and apply it all simple an elementary in the meantime download a UDID sender from the app store so you can send your device udid when ya get accepted you will get a email for a link to a app called test flight which send the beta builds for the testers to test some of the old testers like Nasim paddy w death are prob set cause we all tested update 1 and 2 way back I tried to send my UDID again and it said its their well good luck in your quest to be a beta tester and see ya n the beta oh it doesn't matter how long you been playing jus how active n forums and in game sco keep posting be active in the game and your set for the golden ticket in beta world
Last edited by Darkchylde on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Evil, You set my soul on fire
Evil, You fill me with desire
Evil, You always get it right
Evil, All day and all night

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE GREEN AWAY FINALLY I AM FREE FROM BEIN A SLAVE TO THE CORROSION OF CORRUPTNESS OF BETA TESTER

I just would like to add that I think it's freaking hilarious that everyone's argument(not just this thread but all beta threads on forums) about "who should be first in the beta" is an exact description of themselves.

I mean, wouldn't it just be more honest to say "I really wanna be in the beta," rather than make some "My name is Teaweasel and I think that all Chef's cooking in Manhattan should be the first people in the beta...that's just what I think would be best for the game"

To me, I understand, it's human, but it's soo freaking transparent that I wish people would stop pretending like they are answering this honestly and thinking about "what's best for the game"
Teaweasel 121 Druid (Morrigan, Clan: Avalon, On Hiatus)
Teaweasel 133 Druid (Arawn, Retired)
Best Build is a 30/30 in Thinking for yerself ;)

No im pretty sure im dead on about how they choose beta. You have to have the hours to be able to comit to beta. So they look for peopel who are active both on forums and in game or thats what previous betas in my world told me.

Here are some quotes from the admin that might be helpful for information.

Hi there, thanks for asking about this.

We will be recruiting new beta testers for update 3 when we are ready to start testing. Until then we won't be adding any more because we need to know if the person will be active at the time the beta testing is going on.

For selecting a beta tester we need someone who is active in the game and also on the forums, and willing to post feedback and bugs they find. So factors we will take into account for update 3 will be; how long a person has been playing the game, how much play time they have had, what variety of characters they have played, how many posts on the forum have they made, and what were the posts about etc.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Thanks!
Hi there.
We will be taking new beta applications towards the end of this month, I will make sure to post an announcement when this happens.
In the mean time there is no need to do anything until the announcement is posted.
Paddy, yes anyone who was active in the previous beta will most likely be accepted into the new one.
Thanks!
Hey there, we will begin the beta applications at the end of the month, I'll make sure to post on the forums when this is happening.
The reason I want to leave it as late as possible is to make sure the players that apply are currently active so we can get as many people helping to balance the pvp as possible.
Thanks!
Hi there, the active and helpful players from the last beta can come back because their device has already been registered with Apple and so they will not be taking up a new beta slot.
The beta slots are per device rather than per person, as Apple limits us on the number of devices we are allowed to make builds for.
Thanks!
Follow me & keep in contact :D
Instagram
The Tavern Discord Server