Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Forum software has issue causing Account Bans ??

Noticed another locked post where someone's Forum Account was IP address banned. Some posters seemed to think it was an INGAME ban but the OP made it clear in a follow up post.

I was recently IP banned then a bit later unbanned and a few others have said the same thing.

I don't think it is deliberate at all because i was able to access my account again before a human could have seen my emails regarding it.

Voldemort suggested closing device (not just locking it) then retrying. He also mentioned that my IP address was on a previously banned list but my current IP address was not. I think each time i connect to the internet my ISP assigns a new IP. This may be the problem.

I can't imagine the actual banned list on this forum is very high but perhaps the list is a shared one amongst many different forums?

Anyway if you get banned (and are reading this as a guest) contact the Forum Site Admin (the link is on the YOU ARE BANNED page) and also the OTM forum moderators.
And "boot" your device.

Oh and maybe log into you forum account using a Device with a different IP address eg your PC. I am wondering if each account has an IP listing and using another IP resets it thus avoiding the ban?
Last edited by Landoril on Sat May 11, 2013 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Landoril 221 Ranger
Denoril 170 Rogue
Hateril. Hat holder
Pageril...well you get the idea

Epona (The little server that could)