Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Level math *simple post

Let's do some simple math (I dont mean to insult your intelligence if you aruent book smart)

Let's say it takes 10 elixirs to level once after level 150.

10 elixirs at 15 minutes each elixir is 150 minutes or 2 and a half hours

To level once it takes 2 and half hours of leveling being on an elixir for every kill

Now let's factor out the elixers and multiply the time by 4 because the elixir quadruples your xp gain.

What do we have? 10 hours of grinding per level. During that time you can't be bossing, trading (debatable) or doing much else than your designated job in a leveling group.

10 hours time to level once. There's something wrong with that picture.

Now let's calculate for 180 and 200 from 150 (again just a little math)

180-150 = 30*10 = 300 hours
200-150 = 50*10 = 500 hours

I just want to throw these guesstimates our there I really have no idea how long people play

Average player spends 2 hours a day
Dedicated player spends 5 hours a day

To get to level 180 from 150 it would take
An average player 150 days or 6 months (on lix 32.5 days or roughly a month)
A dedicated player 60 days or 2 months (on lix 15 days or roughly 2 weeks)

To get to level 200 from 150 it would take
An average player 250 days or roughly 8 months (on lix 62.5 days or roughly 2 months)
A dedicated player 100 days or roughly 3 months (on lix 25 days or roughly 3 and half weeks)

This is assuming the player is playing every single day for their designated time.
World: Mabon

Rogue 164
Druid 74
Ranger 130
Warrior 94
Mage 88

Re: Level math *simple post

this has been posted over and over again just to let you know. you should search around for the 100000s of comments about this.

you forgot a few things in your calcualtions though. so that could even be less or more time. DAILY quests help but also take time.

this has been posted over and over again just to let you know. you should search around for the 100000s of comments about this.

you forgot a few things in your calcualtions though. so that could even be less or more time. DAILY quests help but also take time.
I have and I have written a few of them. But otm will not change anything unless the players say something about it. I have spoken to many players across the servers and I've only run into maybe 4 people that are okay with this compared to the other 50 who were not. Everyone I asked were of levels 70-155. And I haven't stopped asking. I asked every single one of them to get on the forums and speak about how they feel cause right now all otm is paying attention to is a couple players saying oh yay game harder. When the majority of players simply do not agree and do NOT want to spend 10 hours per level. (2.5 on lix)

I left the daily out because there are so many players and only so many gladiator spawns a day.

Rogue 164
Druid 74
Ranger 130
Warrior 94
Mage 88

I doubt it will require 10 elixers per level after 165-170.
I agree with you but I might be wrong. It may stay that way because they will still be killing mobs around their level.
I think an "average" player plays for less than 2 hours a day...

2 hours at most probably.
Your probably right, which means it would take even longer than what I said in my post.

Rogue 164
Druid 74
Ranger 130
Warrior 94
Mage 88

As you said these estimates don't include chatting, selling, travelling, fighting Bosses, PVP and doing quests etc etc.

So in reality add 20 to 40% to your estimate depending on play style i am guessing.

But is this a bad thing?

OTM is a small company so updates are a long time coming. If we ran out of things to do before the next update then its a bad thing. If there is enough stuff to do and areas to explore then not important in my opinion.

Once crafting comes (and other non grind activities) and if they add more story like quests (not just kill 5 xxx and return quests) then i think the time to level will be not too important.
Landoril 221 Ranger
Denoril 170 Rogue
Hateril. Hat holder
Pageril...well you get the idea

Epona (The little server that could)

First off OTM love the update. I agree with what inhisname is saying. But this is an easy fix I think the higher levels should have better xp drop. And my other complaint is the energy consumption with this update lowering the cost would help out a lot.

Mabon- The Noob Ranger lol