Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Enraged Slightly Overpowered?

Just a few minutes ago I stumbled on the revered captain (160, 5 *) and called a small group together. We made a run at the mob and were doing good. One mage, one druid, and two rangers all 154-160. When the mob got to a relatively low heal, a buff named Enraged appeared over its health bar. The enrage description said it 'greatly increases the damage dealt'. I didn't think too much of it at first, but them I saw the damage dealt on me actually tripled to quadrupled in amount with each hit. I can understand it doubling the damage of each hit but 3-4 times the damage seems a bit overpowered to me. Is this right or is this a mistake?

Thank you for your time.
NightWight
157 Ranger
Belenus

Re: Enraged Slightly Overpowered?

It's a timer to make sure underpowered groups are not taking bosses. Its 15 minutes until enrage kicks in. Great change imo
pigman, with the fury of the pigs and the mind of a man
level 210+ rogue
Morrigan
Avalon
put your pants on, we're going out

Oh wow! I like that idea, obviously u guys were too noob so if you take more then 15mins u get destroyed. Nice addition
Lmao. Too noob. Cute.

Thing is it appeared to kick in before 15 minutes (i popped an elixir at the start of the fight and had 4 mins left when we died). Yes there were only four of us but the mob had maybe 10% health left. I don't see how that makes our little group underpowered or 'too noob', just a bit small. Not to mention the other three were immediately killing adds as they spawned while I kept the boss busy, I think we were doing damn good with very few restoration pots used. That being said, I still think Enraged is a bit overpowered and should be looked into.

NightWight
157 Ranger
Belenus

Thank clan Avalon!
Lets just hope that the thousands of other people that play this game boss just as effective like your clan!
This is what happens when you challenge the better clan on sever.
Your ass shoots flames, literally your ass will shoot flames.

Thank clan Avalon!
Lets just hope that the thousands of other people that play this game boss just as effective like your clan!
I'm agreeing with you, nice, very nooby idea, wtf is the point of target lock to not allow the big boys to ks people if they then go and get wiped out and lose the boss because said boss is way overpowered in the first place, nice one.
D0nk0 Lvl143 warrior
D1nk1 lvl90 druid (retired)
D2nk2 lvl70 ranger (retired)
D3nk3 lvl128 druid (dual log)
D4nk4 Lvl142 ranger (tri log)
D6nk6 lvl80 mage (retired)

General of PRIME
Proud owner of 2 full darkflame sets

D5nk5 lvl85 rogue (arawn)

Sounds to me like the problem was that you didn't have a tank.
Lev 200 Druid: Aernak | Lev 202 Rogue: Xaima | Lev 200 Mage: EvoAngel | Lev 190 Ranger: PegBundy | Lev 155 Warrior: Akroma
Clan Avalon of Morrigan

It's a timer to make sure underpowered groups are not taking bosses. Its 15 minutes until enrage kicks in. Great change imo
I've been turning this comment over in my head since I read it. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why implement something like this if it is for this purpose? OTM has already adjusted other quests (Stonevale quests) to better reflect a player's level vs quest level requirement vs quest mob's level. The Revered Captain drops Ritual Eggs (needed for the Dragonlord Vambraces) which is a quest that requires level 150 to activate. Yet the Revered Captain is a level 160, 5 * mob. Not only would this mean OTM is backsliding into making the quest mobs higher in level then the player who meets the quest level requirement, but they are now also penalizing those same players who try to take the quest mob at what is supposed to be the appropriate level because they are taking a mob that is 10 levels over them and it 'takes too long'. It is more like stacking the deck against players who are the 'appropriate' level for the quest by giving them a mob that is not appropriate. Now I'm left to ask: does this change affect ALL quest bosses? If I go to Lirs and see a full group of level 100s trying to kill Rockbelly, but because they have 2 tanks, 1 mage, and 3 druids it takes them longer than 10 minutes, will Rockbelly enrage and wipe the group? Seems a bit unfair and miscalculated to me. If we were a group of 145-150s, I would understand enrage kicking in on a boss 165+ after a time, but to ramp up the damage dealt by a factor of 3-4 seems a bit excessive to me.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate an true official response on this if at all possible. Thank you OTM.

NightWight
157 Ranger
Belenus
NightWight
183 Ranger
Belenus