Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Dumb Question: Getting through dungeons

I'm going to ask a really dumb question because...well, that's what I do.

When I play my rogue, I click on the hide skill and take a leisurely stroll to the back of a dungeon. No hassles, just walk past all the things that want to kill me until I get where I'm going, like Donn's room.

Now that I'm playing a mage and a warrior, I sure miss that hide skill! How do you people live like this? Do I really have to kill everything in my path to go anywhere? I'm only about level 30 on these two characters (give or take a couple of levels) so I'm sure this will be easier at level 40+ but for now, this is really a pain. Obviously grouping will help a lot, but is there something else I'm missing? I see people run through the catacombs and the mobs run after them and back. When I make a run for it though, I usually end up with four to six grumpy things teaming up to kill me at my destination.

I grouped last night, fought our way to Avatar, battled, got wiped out by some stray 4-star that came by to investigate, and realized it would take me 10 minutes or so to fight my way back solo, if I could.

Maybe it's normal. Maybe you have to fight your way through the crowd and use a group until you're a high enough level. I just wanted to ask the dumb question to see if maybe I'm missing something.
Athos, Rogue, Arawn
Myrddin, Mage, Arawn
Talon, Warrior, Mabon

Re: Dumb Question: Getting through dungeons

Certainly not a dumb question. It is a big hassle if you're not a rogue and logging out does really help (gives you time to regenerate/recuperate) but also a faster way would be to get a warrior (or anyone who can take dmg) to run ahead of you so mobs agro him and not you. You just tail behind him and follow to your destination. You will end up taking no damage. The only downside is you have to find someone willing to do this for you, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Well although a ranger has camo, I never use it because I got used to navigating the catacombs pre-update so I just use the techniques listed below. They may or may not work for you based on your HP's armor etc. First before attempting these you should be at full health. The techniques involve running through mobs to get to a spot where the mobs that are attached to you run back and new ones don't attack or perhaps only 1 or 2 attack. You will sustain damage and there is a possibility that you could run into a wandering MOB that will make this technique untenable!

Here are my Techniques by rooms.

Ducarius Room.

From Death's Caress run straight past the first room and into the second room and go to the left corner. You may have 1 mob on you so kill him and heal and the head down the stairs and you are there. I have also found it effective to run down the stairs and up on the boss platform to the right and kill everything that is attached to me but this involves some luck on what attaches to you ;) (Bonehammers :o )

Kiara's Room

From Deaths Caress run down the stairs and go right. Hug the wall on the right and the mobs in the first room may not attach to you. Go through the hall and head for the coffins across form the hall and kill the mob(s) attached to you. Heal and then run down the stairs. Keep running and hug the right wall and if the skels do not see you you can stand in the right corner and heal. Then hug the wall and you are in Kiara's hallway. Usually I will skip the coffin heal and go all the way through hugging the wall to the right and some times I will run all the way up to the bosses platform again and kill everything that is attached to me but this also involves some luck on what attaches to you ;) (fireknight and Shiverlords :o )

From Deaths Caress run down the stairs and go right. Hug the wall on the right and the mobs in the first room may not attach to you. Go through the hall and head to your right and go all the way to the doorway where you can see zealots. This takes some precise work because you have to get the skels to drop off but not have the other mobs attach. If you go to far through the doorway you may be doomed. OK after healing and preparing, run through the mobs up the stairs and to the right. HUG HUG HUG the wall to the right and as close as possible and get to the far right corner again. Most mobs will drop off you if you go to the far right corner but maybe one mob will attach. Kill him, heal and hug the right wall and walk into avatars hall. Again sometimes I will go all the way through hugging the wall to the right and I will run all the way up to the bosses platform on the right corner and kill everything that is attached to me but this also involves some luck on what attaches to you and is easier if there are people already engaging the mobs in the room ;) (Lords :o )

Run all the way to the coffin spot from Kiara's room. All the mods will drop off of you (unless you pickup the wandering mob from Kiara's room) Go on in using the method mentioned above.

As suggested you can also run all the way to a spot in the rooms mentioned that is safe and log off......But where's the fun and excitement in that ;)

Hope this helps.....Next time you see me in Arawn I can also demonstrate :)
Crom: Raven3 Arawn: Raven, Nightingale Sulis: Raven4, Rhianon: Raven5

Wow, that was a huge post Raven. You probably could have leveled up to 60 in the time it took to write that. :P

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll just have to practice the techniques above. I hope this helps some others as well.

Well I kinda wanted to write a post explaining this. (my idea had screen shots) I see so many lower levels not able to make it into the rooms were the best XP's are found. With a little patience it can be done. If I have some time I may add screen shots. :)
Crom: Raven3 Arawn: Raven, Nightingale Sulis: Raven4, Rhianon: Raven5