Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Forum Rules: Read before posting!

General Forum Rules:
  • 1. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness or insults.
  • 2. Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) posts, or the like.
    Use the Search Button before starting a new thread!
  • 3. Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed.
  • 4. We reserve the right to remove offensive posts or double posts without notice.
  • 5. If you are going to post non-English on these forums, please also post an English translation.
Just some rules to keep the forums from getting one big mess. And a guideline to counter the many double posts, keeping all discussions of one subject in one thread. I would be happy if a moderator could post something like this or make this a sticky.

Suggestions are welcome.
Character: SsHeretic Rogue (79) Clan: Brotherhood Server: Rosmerta

Re: Forum Rules: Read before posting!

Hmm well you have said it multiple times but does it matter if you just make a new post? Other wise there could just be one post in each category about everything so I really don't mind multiple posts of the same idea and it seems others don't as well... Il try to search from now on but I'm just saying...
World: Morrigan
Clan: Avalon
Name: DeathsShadow
Level: 87
Class: Rogue
Longest playing Rogue in Morrigan...

Thats not true. Older threads may contain the information that you want. Asking thesame question over and over again makes this forum messy. Just search 1 time and you might find the exact subject you were about to discuss... Again.

This is easier for everyone because when they have to find an answer in 59 diffirent threads with thesame subject, they simply create a new nr 60 thread of thesame subject.

Hmm I suppose but idk about messy... Also even though it may be on the same topic it may be something that's the General idea but taken in a different direction. Also if we just used search to look at old posts couldn't you just have a single Post that's the only one that everybody talks in? You could also use search and look through a single post so why have the ability to make new Posts in the first place if it could have everything in just one...

I like discussing this matter but even tough you are right about some things, these rules are commonly used in almost every popular forum you can find.
As these forums might get more crowdy, it is better to keep every subject tied to one thread. Of course you can talk about a golden chief helm being bugged, and about being too expensive in diffirent threads. But at least take a look around before starting a new thread. As in most threads I've seen, the subject was a direct copy of other topics. Let me give you an example:
1. 2. 3. 4.
As all the posters above immediately started a thread, they could've used the search button to find the actual answer to the problem...

Also, when I'm following a thread about sneak attack for example. I would like to know what others think of it, or what the admin is going to change about it. When new threads with thesame subject are being posted, the admin might give his information there. Thats when I find myself looking at the wrong thread while its actually the first one created.

While I do agree with most of these ideas, I do believe there is one time when a new post on an old topic is justified:
When an update comes out and something is changed.

Even though date and time are put in every post, not everyone knows when an update was released, so it would be important to know if what they are looking at still valid.
New to the game? Find your answers here: Tips for Beginners

“A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance.” -Gian Carlo Menotti

This may not be possible but on another forum I was on, the moderator would routinely move threads to the correct area and also stub new threads into an older thread. This seems like it would make the forum cleaner. Of course it may be more work for the moderators. It would also be up to their discretion on which posts threads belong with earlier thread and in which areas.

While we are on the forum topic I would like to suggest setting up this forum to be read with a forum reader on an iPhone. This is the one I've used: http://www.tapatalk.com/ http://www.tapatalk.com/

It is just awesome because you get right to the threads you haven't read quickly and the format works well with and iPhone/ipad etc...

The API is free for the forum owner :) Also Currently phpBB3 3.0.x is supported :) The app costs 2.99 for users and it was well worth it with the time I've saved......and I'll buy at least $50 in platinum if this is done :) (truthfully I will probably spend this anyway :lol: )
Crom: Raven3 Arawn: Raven, Nightingale Sulis: Raven4, Rhianon: Raven5

Ok well I could attempt to say something else I won't. I believe what has been said is true for one point or another but probably the best option which I believ Ss Heritec has asked is to have a sign where once you go to Post a reply it comes up saying have you done the following: Used Search to see if a Post has been made on the subject already? Etc... It would help out a bit more if starting a new post took more work then using search would clean it up a bit more.