Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

(Case Overview)

(Case Overview)
At the time of the incident, I was so angry that I couldn't properly present the article. I'm going to organize it rationally again and post the whole story of this case.

(1) I inform the administrator (Veovan) because there were so many BOT users in the Shalamont fishing area.
(2) Then Veovan said, 'If you tell me Botting character's nickname, I will investigate'
(3) But BOT users were too many people, not certain characters.
(4) Of course, I also wanted to collect gold from Shalamont fishing grounds. But the BOT was in full operation 24 hours a day for each spot, and I gave up fishing in Shalamont.
(5) And then you move on to Stonevale at a slightly earlier fishing level. Competing with BOT users is almost impossible.
(6) I fished hard at Stonevale fishing grounds.
In fact, connecting to games for fishing levels is tedious and exhausting. There are many times when I want to give up. But I did my best.
(7) Then, I got so bored that I went fishing slowly and intermittently while watching the drama.
(8) The drama gradually climaxed, and when my favorite type of actor came out, I started drooling.
(9) I started to neglect fishing because I was looking at the screen in a fascinated way.
(10) The game does not move and automatically turns off after a certain period of time. So I sometimes touch anywhere on the screen to prevent the screen from turning off.
(11) That's how slow the fishing is. However, I still saw the main actor on the screen, and it was not easy for me to turn my eyes to fishing.
(12) So intermittent fishing and touching somewhere on the screen to keep the game from turning off.
(13) The drama was getting very, very sad, and I cried, too.
(14) So I turned off the game.
(15) Then, after a few minutes, I turned on the game again, and the phrase "You were blocked by BOTTING" popped up.
(16) I had never used BOT, so I emailed DEKA right away. I was angry to the top of my head.
(17) I've been waiting and waiting. I've waited and waited again.
(18) I posted criticism on the forum several times, and I made a fuss about not sending even one email.
(19) Since I didn't use BOT, I thought that this case, of course, was caused by a misunderstanding and that the blocking would be lifted soon. Of course, I thought I could get an apology and a reward.
(20) However, I managed to get an email from Veovan two days later.
(21)
-Your account has been suspended for botting.
The ban is temporary and will last for 14 days. This is a violation of our Terms of Service and an offense which we do not take lightly.
Our team urges you to play fairly as any further offenses may lead to your account getting permanently closed.
Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to send us a reply.
(22) I was wronged. I didn't use BOT, but I couldn't understand why I had to be blocked.
(23) One user told me that it was caught in a program called 'BOTNET'.
(24) So, even if the user has not actually used BOT, if the screen is intermittently blocked by a time difference, he or she can be caught as an illegal program user by a program called 'BOTNET'.
(25) Then I raise an objection.
Usually, BOT program users continue to fish in place for a long time, but BOTNET can never catch such a user, but rather, intermittent play users who try to prevent the screen from turning off are misunderstood as BOT users.
(26) Conclusion: The BOT NET program to catch BOT users does not catch actual BOT users at all. Therefore, it is an unnecessary program.
(27) Measures by Managers: As long as the company maintains the introduction of this program, there are no measures.
Measures for users: Don't try to maintain the situation by touching anywhere on the screen to prevent the screen from turning off. Fishing should be done faithfully without stopping.
(28) I was framed as a BOT user that I didn't even use, and my account was blocked by an administrator. Conversely, BOT users are still using illegal programs around the clock on the spot.
(29) This situation is as if a criminal is laughing outside and continuing to commit crimes, and a child who is still young among innocent people should be falsely accused and imprisoned.
(30) However, DEKA continues to say that this is the unchangeable law of the world.
Last edited by Frank club on Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: (Case Overview)

I believe my earlier post on this matter (on a different forum thread) may have been slightly misunderstood.

There is no program called "botnet" (that I'm aware of at least). What I said was "I'm sorry to hear that you were caught in the bot net", as in you were caught by whatever virtual "net" (like a fishing net in the real world) that the team at DECA uses to catch bots.

Unfortunately, it can be challenging to identify the difference between real players who are doing something else and occasionally tapping the screen for hours on end, versus a program that is doing the same thing.

My best recommendation is to simply turn off the phone if you are extremely distracted by your show and not able to pay attention to the game. I believe VR (the previous developers) used to send an in-game popup to someone suspected of botting, and if the user didn't respond to it in time, they would go ahead and kick them off/temp ban them.
Idk if DECA does this as well or not though.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I believe my earlier post on this matter (on a different forum thread) may have been slightly misunderstood.

There is no program called "botnet" (that I'm aware of at least). What I said was "I'm sorry to hear that you were caught in the bot net", as in you were caught by whatever virtual "net" (like a fishing net in the real world) that the team at DECA uses to catch bots.

Unfortunately, it can be challenging to identify the difference between real players who are doing something else and occasionally tapping the screen for hours on end, versus a program that is doing the same thing.

My best recommendation is to simply turn off the phone if you are extremely distracted by your show and not able to pay attention to the game. I believe VR (the previous developers) used to send an in-game popup to someone suspected of botting, and if the user didn't respond to it in time, they would go ahead and kick them off/temp ban them.
Thank you for your comment.
It's a fact that I'm still a beginner learning this game. However, I think DEKA's position, which cannot or will not solve the problems that arise in their games, seems too complacent.
At least when the user comes up with a position that it is different from the truth, I think it is a normal game company only when there is a little effort to understand and improve the problem.
The most upsetting part was the fact that even if the user complained so much that it was wrong, there was no response.
Anyway, DEKA's position seems to be saying, "You guys play the game according to the conditions we set, or leave."
It's just sad that the operating frame of a fairly good game is this thin and poor.
I would like to thank you for always listening to my opinion in this empty forum.

Thank you for your comment.
It's a fact that I'm still a beginner learning this game. However, I think DEKA's position, which cannot or will not solve the problems that arise in their games, seems too complacent.
At least when the user comes up with a position that it is different from the truth, I think it is a normal game company only when there is a little effort to understand and improve the problem.
The most upsetting part was the fact that even if the user complained so much that it was wrong, there was no response.
Anyway, DEKA's position seems to be saying, "You guys play the game according to the conditions we set, or leave."
It's just sad that the operating frame of a fairly good game is this thin and poor.
I would like to thank you for always listening to my opinion in this empty forum.

I wouldn't necessarily say that DECA is complacent (from a Support standpoint) - more that they seem to utilize various automated systems to assist their small team, and unfortunately that can come across as impersonal.

Ideally yes, they should try and update their practices and systems that watch for bots, but accidental "false positives" will still be possible.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I wouldn't necessarily say that DECA is complacent (from a Support standpoint) - more that they seem to utilize various automated systems to assist their small team, and unfortunately that can come across as impersonal.

Ideally yes, they should try and update their practices and systems that watch for bots, but accidental "false positives" will still be possible.
[/quote]

Here's my opinion. In addition, I will first reveal that I am not trying to criticize them unilaterally like a child just because I was unfairly treated in the game.
This may be my short opinion that is not professional in this field.
Please forgive me for not being enough if it is rude to you or the company.

DEKA understands that talented people from all over the world are working separately at home or in private offices, and meetings are held through video. There is a disadvantage that the processing process is not unified and is not shared smoothly with each other as employees are scattered in each field. In addition to that, I think the 'unclassified free hierarchy' that they put forward also plays a role. That means that even if someone gets lazy or goes through the wrong process, there's no one who monitors and controls it.
I think it can be a form that is good for employees, but has a risk that it can be a big problem for customers.
DEKA puts it at their core that 'buy old games to provide users with sincerity, continuous delivery, and always communicate with users.' However, the process is quite slow, and sometimes it seems insincere.
Of course, what I thought might be wrong. They work with more enthusiasm than anyone else, and they can be outstanding talent. But this is a service business. If the customer who receives the service feels uncomfortable, I think it should be reorganized.
I wanted to add a short comment. I would like to reiterate that I am always grateful to you, Eragon123. I hope you don't feel bad reading this.
Be happy always.
All the comments you've left for me so far have been very helpful. :D