Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Server transfers

With how much time is required and money involved in efficiently leveling to 220 I really hope server transfers are in the works to be available soon.

Here is my suggested method for doing this:

1) Platinum purchase for transfer. For 8000 Platinum you can transfer 1 character to a different server.

2) Wait time. Once you purchase and assign which character to transfer there would be a transition time of up to 96 hours before the character would be available on the new server. This would allow the tech team the proper time to transfer files and not have to work on the weekend.

3) Transfer details. You’re character account would still remain on the original server and there would now be a copy of the account on the new server. All platinum upgrade purchases would transfer over - sigils, backpack space, bank space. All quest/no-trade items would transfer over - Quest armor, bound items. Consider transferring pets and mounts but I can understand either way.

4) Items that would not transfer and would remain on original character. What wouldn’t transfer over would be trade-able gear - raid gear, fashion, lux, etc. These items should remain server specific.

5) Name transfer. The name of the carachter would transfer but the new server character would have the original server name as a second name. (This can be worked out in some other manner. I don’t really care about this one). So Swee from Epona that I transfer to arawan would have the name Swee Epona on Arawan.

I personally have 5 end game characters that I haven’t really played in years because they are on servers that I have no fun playing on. If I could transfer them to the server I’m active on not only would I spend the plat to transfer them, I would spend the plat I normally spend on my accounts to keep them stocked with potions and other chest items. It would be a win for me and a win for the company. Additionally, it wouldn’t negatively impact the servers I’m leaving because under my proposal the raid gear stays on the home server.

That’s my idea, no negative comments about my or anyone else’s idea please but please comment with your idea.
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

Re: Server transfers

Server transfers are a terrible idea. It’s messy and would ruin existing economies and systems involved in every server. Better to just find a transfer and start over.

Half the fun in this game is the leveling process anyways tbh. I hated leveling and I can admit that
EPONA
BadToTheB0NE (220 Warrior)
Cookie Monster (216 Mage)

Server transfers are a terrible idea. It’s messy and would ruin existing economies and systems involved in every server. Better to just find a transfer and start over.

Half the fun in this game is the leveling process anyways tbh. I hated leveling and I can admit that
How is server transfers the way in which I suggested bad for the economy. In my suggestion all sellable loot would remain on the original server and wouldn’t transfer. Literally not effecting the economies except Adding more volume because characters that are inactive might get played with again.

Issue depends on game roadmap and potential future content. If current content, fashion, etc… is to become dwarfed by say future updates, then transfers pose little to no risk as any disruption to an economy by allowing for the new feature is dwarfed by the new economy that would be introduced.

The problem is that this game is likely complete and won’t get any new updates. As such, there isn’t anything to minimize the repercussions that transfers could have. In short, large game changes such as allowing people to move Dg etc around is a big deal and could completely overhaul power and Econ balances on other servers. This would be a short term shock that would stabilize in the long run, the question is will the game last that long run.

I always opposed transfers in the past because I never saw the game growing exponentially enough to minimize the potential fallout (I mean mordy gear was BIS for how many years?). I stand by that now with the caveat that the game is likely near dead and as such the devs should transition towards fan service to make it enjoyable rather than protect small aspects like economy and power balancing between clans and servers etc…
May as well just slash all boss respawns to 0 at this point and allow people to transfer to whatever server they want whenever, but that’s just me.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Issue depends on game roadmap and potential future content. If current content, fashion, etc… is to become dwarfed by say future updates, then transfers pose little to no risk as any disruption to an economy by allowing for the new feature is dwarfed by the new economy that would be introduced.

The problem is that this game is likely complete and won’t get any new updates. As such, there isn’t anything to minimize the repercussions that transfers could have. In short, large game changes such as allowing people to move Dg etc around is a big deal and could completely overhaul power and Econ balances on other servers. This would be a short term shock that would stabilize in the long run, the question is will the game last that long run.

I always opposed transfers in the past because I never saw the game growing exponentially enough to minimize the potential fallout (I mean mordy gear was BIS for how many years?). I stand by that now with the caveat that the game is likely near dead and as such the devs should transition towards fan service to make it enjoyable rather than protect small aspects like economy and power balancing between clans and servers etc…
May as well just slash all boss respawns to 0 at this point and allow people to transfer to whatever server they want whenever, but that’s just me.
Bob, I want to play on the same server as you again!