Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

What Will DECA Do For The Game?

To DECA Games,
From Longtime Celtic Player.

You have just taken over what thousands would call their favorite game, and hundreds would say is a part of their daily routine.

Celtic Heroes was released way back in 2011 when everyone was playing on an ipod/iphone 4s or their new ipad 1st gen, not to be released on android for another few years.
This was a time of bad graphics but a completely new age for the mobile world.
Celtic Heroes was different at the time because it was a multiplayer, open world, 3D, RPG, all on your phone and ran without complaints for its current time period.

But anyone can do that now-a-days, and people have, there are hundreds of games similar, so why do we still play Celtic Heroes?
Its because it forces all these heroes wondering around on an open map to come together to take down a boss. Or gather in the castle to trade items, check whats for sale on auction and show off your newest gear from FINALLY defeating a boss or leveling.
We play for that 1 in a million chance that we will get the godly bloodthorn helmet, or that we will be the one to stumble upon the "Darkflame Armor Boss Name Here" to get our 2011 darkflame armor, or Connacht gear for that rush of nostalgia.
We play to come talk to our friends on our worlds and in our clans that we have learned from our many years of playing within that same community.

We also play for the competition. Some servers and people more than others. Each server/world has its own timeline and history behind it. Each player leaving a lasting impact on their community and clan.

When you play on the same server everyday for years, you notice when a new player shows up. You want to help them have that same awesome experience you had playing this game so you help them out and maybe make a new friend.

You notice which players put in their time, and which put in their money, you know which players to go too to re-up on some elixirs or to help you take down a boss without stealing a drop. You know the nice guys, you know the assholes.

And thats why we also notice when players quit. We notice when our friends are no longer having fun and logging. Many of us will even talk about it out of game over discord, messenger, whatsapp, band, etc.

Celtic Heroes has grown and evolved over the last decade but so has its community.

OneThumbMobile released a banger of a game and kept the community so close through many years of its development.
The early hardcore players got to participate in closed betas with the dev teams, and got participatory beta fashion that is still unique to do this day. Then they would allow open beta to have a wave of players come check out the new content on every big update and it would bring this insane euphoric energy to the community. Everyone just pumped and getting ready to start grinding the new content.
Then it all stopped.
The players kept playing the game, but the developers stopped developing.
They would tease us with competitions giving a few new fashion sets but then even that stopped.
After that they would just do the usual double platinum 2-3 times a year to juice the players still willing to pay.
All the while ignoring all the posts on forums complaining about no content and how the hardcore players will boycott buying double plat.

For the past 4-5 years we have been handed regurgitated content. We open our Pay2Win chests to see the same fashion for years. We fight the same bosses, the same areas, the same people, the same fashion, for years.
The game is good if we keep playing through all that ***!

So what will you do for the game and community?
You cannot juice us more than weve been juiced so hopefully youre here to actually try and revive it.
We watched Virtual Realities take over just to promote their similar clairvoyant game and then hand it off.
Hopefully youll listen to the community like the old days.
Right now we need more opportunities for new players to get into the game before being scared away.
The game is too pay to win to get anywhere. There is not enough opportunities to get plat items for free.
There is not community competitions like there used to be. Servers/clans need to wait for specific times of day for everyone to have free time to kill a boss that requires 50 people.
The forums have been ugly for years.
the in game free platinum page has always needed fixing.
The leveling process is too long for the new players of this time, getting from 0-100 with no experience can take weeks, not to mention you dont even get the full experience and are usually too low of a level for anyone to care about inviting you to their clan.
All the low level areas seem dead with no players in them which to a new player can look bad.
what will DECA do for us?

Re: What Will DECA Do For The Game?

I agree with this post fully.

A couple years ago we even suggested an in game quest that would be a tutorial but would advance a player to level 180 with the quest completion through Frozen or dragon armor.

I feel the barrier for entrance for a new player is way too steep. It takes probably 100 hours of game time to get to level 180. With another 100-150 hours to get to level 220. 180 is where the end game content begins. You can argue that it really doesn’t start until 215 when you can access the last zone. I feel that the level 180 content offers enough for a player to be occupied with that if you bipass the requirements to play the other levels that you’d be able to entice new players to stay,

I hope and pray that you work to make the game great again.
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.

I've never seen what Celtic Heroes used to be, I was to young at the time. But from July-june 2020 to this very moment. I've seen this game fall. Friends leave without a trace, old players being tormented by there addiction to the game but are bored of it. And new players struggling to gain supply's due to needing big groups that really aren't available to us. If things where more widely available ...maybe the game would come back. But it's also our responsibility as a fan of the game to make a difference, we can promote the game on media , I myself make YouTube videos to make the game seem more current and relevant . We can help and support new and old players, giving them a push to continue. As for the Deca situation, I pray they will add more things because these older players want new things. As for me, I want my fellow heroes to be happy and get what a game should give, enjoyment. Deca are already fixing problems in the game and doing resets that I've only saw afew times in 2020, yes yes may be a newcence with not being able to play and boss timers being reset. But already they are doing stuff like the apple sign in problem and the plat problem. We just need to get the strength to continue entill deca work out the game coding and start renewing the game to all

Rayla lvl 207 warrior belenus
Rayla lvl 220 Warrior Belenus Chief of clan Bloom
Sarai lvl 60 PvP Warrior Chief of 60Heroes of Belenus

YouTube: Dragon Guard Gaming for Ch content

When I started yonks ago...
You helped each other, levelled or camped bosses, farmed for gold
There were those that shared acc and put items up for sale for real money...
I didn't do any of that... it was detrimental to the game...
This is the first time I've heard of someone getting banned for something they wouldn't dream of doing
Thanks a bunch Deca

Friend, I totally agree with you. I've been playing this game for a long time, and I remember how varied and exciting it is. I used to be able to play it for hours without noticing how time flew by. In recent years, however, I have seen the game degrade. Right now, I'm at level 190 and thinking of taking a break until better times to play. I have even visited a couple of times the gaming platform igitems.com to buy an account in World of Tanks. I hope the developers will remember the players and make some updates that will interest many to come back.