Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: How VR can resuscitate this dying game quick and easy

LoL. Your idea has been wrong from the beginning, there is no quick and easy way to VR (making it very clear that this is a limitation of VR) to relive this game. After 2 years, they should be full of ideas and enthusiasm, and all the communication we receive from them does not tell us that. The light at the end of the tunnel is that it has recently been said that they seem to be rushing with their new game, so that, perhaps, who knows, come back with CH.
"Everything that is priced is cheap, only what money doesn't buy is really expensive, and whoever doesn't get it, will always be a miserable"

2 easy ways :

1) hardmode with 1 guaranteed weapon/godly drop. Old low bosses will have their godly drop level ”upped” to 210.

For example :
Hrungnir hardmode is accessed once all his troll adds in the area are dead before they can respawn.

Hrungnir hardmode starts enraged, has fifty times more health, plus 10% additional health for every player above 10 in the area. He resists abilities and spells as a 6 star RBS.

Hrungnir casts self heal with twice the frequency, requiring 2 dedicated interrupts, and has a chance to reduce healing on melee attack by 50% for 15 seconds.

Adds also respawn enraged and has ten times more health.

Players who died with pox will explode, causing damage equal to total damage they have taken from pox to nearby players. This explosion also puts a "Satisfying pop" buff on Hrungnir and all adds, removing their enrage for 30 seconds.

2) Instanced dungeons.
Reuse Gelebron tower maps but make it timed and only allow 5 person to enter the special dungeon.

The timer starts when the first person enter, and counts down to 60 minutes.

The five person have to clear the level in said time to spawn a reward chest at the end of the dungeon.

The bosses and adds are also buffed up to be harder.

Special instanced dungeons require keys to enter. Said keys are earned via a weekly chain quest.

Examples.
Giving a boss more health =/= harder

I watched a youtube video from 2013 of some guy with a group of like 50 people fighting Hrungnir and it took them 30 minutes of constant management of skills and the like to take him down. That's twice as long as it takes me to kill the first boss of Dark Souls with my fists (15 minutes). Is it harder? No. It just takes longer and gives you more time to make more mistakes. Making this hypothetical fight take at least 5 literal hours will only turn people off.

If the dungeon is timed, won't people run past the enemies to get to the treasure? If not, how long would it take for them to respawn? If another group goes through after the first one they might have to wait for some of the enemies to respawn as time runs out. The key thing might work with another game but here it'd probably end up on the AH quicker than you can type "No, don't sell it".
You should have taken more time to read the full post before replying.
I have described far more mechanics than "more health".

All boss encounters in every single MMORPG is designed to reward players not making mistakes in longer and harder situations.

This encounter takes special requirements to even start, so no one needs to do it unless they are prepared for it.

Key sentence to note :

"he five person have to clear the level in said time to spawn a reward chest at the end of the dungeon."

"Reuse Gelebron tower maps but make it timed and only allow 5 person to enter the special dungeon."
instanced means a copy of the dungeon is made specifically for the group doing it, and is deleted upon ending. No one else exists in that dungeon except the five.)

You will never find any game, or anything in general, rewarding if your attention span is limited to 3 seconds skimming through posts like you did with mine.
Integrity is telling yourself the truth.

The game is in a situation similar to TF2 essentially.
Despite having a dedicated player base with plenty of players, the company chooses not to update it.

This game is a lost cause. It's better to move on and find a replacement.
This honestly sucks to hear, I don't know about others but I think the only reason I still play CH is because I've been around since late 2011. MMO's really aren't my go to and CH is the only game of its type that I would want to play. For me there isn't really an alternative game, I don't think I would have the drive to grind up another character and develop a reputation on a server like I have here.
This sums up how I feel about moving on to a different game/making things more exciting on a different server. I completely agree with the dedicated player base thing, I guess I'm just disappointed how VR doesn't seem to care much about CH anymore. I feel like we just got tossed out for their Warhammer project.
Herne - LazyDrunks

Ranger 222Mage 220
Rogue 222
Warrior 221
Warrior 207

The game is in a situation similar to TF2 essentially.
Despite having a dedicated player base with plenty of players, the company chooses not to update it.

This game is a lost cause. It's better to move on and find a replacement.
This honestly sucks to hear, I don't know about others but I think the only reason I still play CH is because I've been around since late 2011. MMO's really aren't my go to and CH is the only game of its type that I would want to play. For me there isn't really an alternative game, I don't think I would have the drive to grind up another character and develop a reputation on a server like I have here.
This sums up how I feel about moving on to a different game/making things more exciting on a different server. I completely agree with the dedicated player base thing, I guess I'm just disappointed how VR doesn't seem to care much about CH anymore. I feel like we just got tossed out for their Warhammer project.
Warhammer is looking fresh tho

You should have taken more time to read the full post before replying.
I have described far more mechanics than "more health".

All boss encounters in every single MMORPG is designed to reward players not making mistakes in longer and harder situations.

This encounter takes special requirements to even start, so no one needs to do it unless they are prepared for it.

Key sentence to note :

"he five person have to clear the level in said time to spawn a reward chest at the end of the dungeon."

"Reuse Gelebron tower maps but make it timed and only allow 5 person to enter the special dungeon."
instanced means a copy of the dungeon is made specifically for the group doing it, and is deleted upon ending. No one else exists in that dungeon except the five.)

You will never find any game, or anything in general, rewarding if your attention span is limited to 3 seconds skimming through posts like you did with mine.
You say I skimmed through everything yet what else are you suggesting adding to Hrung? Make him heal twice as much, have more resistances and partly block heals on hit? Make him and his adds somehow lose the enraged status effect temporarily when somebody dies of pox? I didn't think it was imperative to mention that but I guess not making my comment super long makes me stupid and easily distract- IS THAT A SPECK OF LINT? OOH SHINY POP UP AD! How presumptuous of you. Also trim the quotes so it doesn't take up the majority of a page for the sake of whomever else is reading this thread.
The special requirements for this hard hrung fight also sound too easy to discover by accident as well so that "unless they are prepared for it." kinda goes out of the window.

I don't think the game is designed for this "instancing" as places are always set in stone unless modified in an update but only the devs would know if that'd work. Also what happens if they run out of time? Are the players left falling forever or until they reach a kill barrier as the ground under them is deleted? What about people that run out of battery in the middle of it and relog after the place is deleted? Instakilling them at that point is needlessly cruel.

Don't forget that many games state that a level is cleared but mean that the player reached the end of the level only and didn't genocide every pixel that looked at them funny. It's better to articulate what you mean than expect someone to ascribe the same meanings you have to words and their context and throw a fit of insults and condescending language at them if they don't.

About the MMO design meaning bosses take ridiculous amounts of time I'm reminded of that one boss in Final Fantasy that takes so long to beat that you by design are allowed to leave the arena and save the game so you can finish it later. I know about that as fans of the series despise that boss and don't want to fight it. That kind of boss only works for the World Of Warcraft Zombies that sit on said game every waking hour. Not everyone has that kind of time (I reiterate: 5 hours of uniterrupted time where they have to shrug of their responsibilities). I doubt you'd be able to mow a lawn with anything but a pair of toenail clippers as it's more deserving of your pride (I don't but see how stupid comments like that are? Attack the argument, not the poster).

I see a lot of emotions and defenses in the reply, but do you actually have a point?
I'd say so. I could say you skimmed through my reply given that you aren't elaborating and are choosing instead to use a rhetorical question asking what points I have. Reading back through I can count 4:

1. You appear presumptuous and attack my character for not including "mechanics" that don't serve a purpose in the point I was making prior as well as acted condescendingly (and emotionally) in your reply over definitions of words that have multiple contextual meanings.

2. Your special requirements for Hard Hrung could easily be done by someone killing the minions before Hrung himself and go by rules that haven't shown up in the game before, so this hypothetical player/group wouldn't know what they did or that Hard Hrung was even in the game and thus couldn't prepare for it.

3. Having an entire area of the game get deleted and undeleted would cause a heap of problems as the game isn't designed for it.

4. Ridiculously long fights are hated and if unable to be paused are inaccessable for anyone with any kind of responsibility including the responsibility of eating and relieving themselves.

1. You appear presumptuous and attack my character for not including "mechanics" that don't serve a purpose in the point I was making prior as well as acted condescendingly (and emotionally) in your reply over definitions of words that have multiple contextual meanings.
All you wrote are aggressively defensive remarks that are emotional but bears nothing of value to the topic.
2. Your special requirements for Hard Hrung could easily be done by someone killing the minions before Hrung himself and go by rules that haven't shown up in the game before, so this hypothetical player/group wouldn't know what they did or that Hard Hrung was even in the game and thus couldn't prepare for it.
Are you trying to say that people spend time to farm the Hrung trolls in the ENTIRE area (incl. the mid area of the bridge etc) and get poxed for fun?
Did you actually read?
3. Having an entire area of the game get deleted and undeleted would cause a heap of problems as the game isn't designed for it.
Do you know how every area in every server that requires you to zone works at every reset?
They are all instances. And all instances are deleted and recreated at every single reset.

This game is actually BUILT for it as it does not actually have an "open world".
4. Ridiculously long fights are hated and if unable to be paused are inaccessable for anyone with any kind of responsibility including the responsibility of eating and relieving themselves.
How do you think 30 people came together to kill Dhio in the first place?
My suggestion was 60 minutes, and could even be shorter depending on the level chosen.

I have no idea how you came up with that ridiculous 5 hours.

This is the last of my reply. There is nothing valuable that can come out from this "discussion".
Integrity is telling yourself the truth.

All you wrote are aggressively defensive remarks that are emotional but bears nothing of value to the topic.
Are you trying to say that people spend time to farm the Hrung trolls in the ENTIRE area (incl. the mid area of the bridge etc) and get poxed for fun?
Did you actually read?
Do you know how every area in every server that requires you to zone works at every reset?
They are all instances. And all instances are deleted and recreated at every single reset.

This game is actually BUILT for it as it does not actually have an "open world".
How do you think 30 people came together to kill Dhio in the first place?
My suggestion was 60 minutes, and could even be shorter depending on the level chosen.

I have no idea how you came up with that ridiculous 5 hours.

This is the last of my reply. There is nothing valuable that can come out from this "discussion".
Back at it again I see. At least this the last time you're going on about it though. As you aren't taking in my constructive criticism I can see why you don't see it as valuable.

1. Like your remarks aren't emotional, defensive and bear nothing to the topic and just attack my character. I suppose to you it's fine if only you do it I guess.
2. Ever heard of grinding?
3. Difference between resets and your idea is that while resets are happening players can't rejoin and fall into the abyss.
4. Hrung takes 30 minutes to kill last I checked. My math may have been off (math isn't one of my strong suits) but 50 times (you wanted hard Hrung to have 50x his health) 30 minutes is 1,500 minutes or... 25 hours without adding that +10% health for every extra player in the zone over a soft cap of 10 players? That's far worse but hey, math is hard for me too.