Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Event chests vs new event bosses

Event bosses or event chests which one is better which one would you prefer? I personally wish they would just stop all of these mystery chests and bring back new bosses, just because it is more interesting than seeing how much platinum people could spend and instead add a real content to the game. The lack of new event bosses it's making the game boring sure it wasn't that's crazy exciting before, but now it is dreadfully boring and we have nothing to show for it during the events but sometimes an experience boost, but sometimes I feel like we need new bosses to keep things fresh. But this is just my thoughts, what are yours?

Re: Event chests vs new event bosses

Event chests definitely take way less time to design and create content for. Designing an entirely new boss, new raid encounter, possibly new mechanics, and possibly new mobs (let alone all the new loot that it drops) all multiplied by 4 (for different levels of bosses for different level players) would likely take a ton of time (quite likely several months, if the raid/gear were to be properly useful and balanced) to come up with.

It would be nice, I agree. However I personally would rather see VR put their CH development time towards permanent content, rather than something that only lasts a couple months.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Event bosses or event chests which one is better which one would you prefer? I personally wish they would just stop all of these mystery chests and bring back new bosses, just because it is more interesting than seeing how much platinum people could spend and instead add a real content to the game. The lack of new event bosses it's making the game boring sure it wasn't that's crazy exciting before, but now it is dreadfully boring and we have nothing to show for it during the events but sometimes an experience boost, but sometimes I feel like we need new bosses to keep things fresh. But this is just my thoughts, what are yours?
I mentioned this in my last post! Event bosses we're awesome and really spiced up CH. 1++++++++++++++

Event chests definitely take way less time to design and create content for. Designing an entirely new boss, new raid encounter, possibly new mechanics, and possibly new mobs (let alone all the new loot that it drops) all multiplied by 4 (for different levels of bosses for different level players) would likely take a ton of time (quite likely several months, if the raid/gear were to be properly useful and balanced) to come up with.

It would be nice, I agree. However I personally would rather see VR put their CH development time towards permanent content, rather than something that only lasts a couple months.
Captain obvious to the rescue lol. No kidding eragon. It would be WAY easier to add some chest items that actually make them immediate profit as opposed to adding a few legacy bosses or even increasing spawn rates for some. Sorry but adding a few bosses does NOT take a ton of time. They just dont have anyone doing anything on the game beyond a few that they need to maintain the game from crashing.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

They need to make money to survive and profit. I have no issue with chests. What I do have an issue with is bosses rarely ever spawning now. Some haven't shown for over a year now after looking 1,500 times. Not even exaggerating either.
Brevity is the soul of wit so i will talk your ears off.

They need to make money to survive and profit. I have no issue with chests. What I do have an issue with is bosses rarely ever spawning now. Some haven't shown for over a year now after looking 1,500 times. Not even exaggerating either.
Imagine counting
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

Captain obvious to the rescue lol. No kidding eragon. It would be WAY easier to add some chest items that actually make them immediate profit as opposed to adding a few legacy bosses or even increasing spawn rates for some. Sorry but adding a few bosses does NOT take a ton of time. They just dont have anyone doing anything on the game beyond a few that they need to maintain the game from crashing.
Well - if I see a question with an obvious answer, I’m gonna put it out there!

That being said, I don’t think that the OP is talking about legacy bosses. However, with legacies solely in mind (meaning bosses that have already been designed, with loot that’s already in the game) then yes - it would (obviously) be quite a bit easier to simply increase those spawn rates.

Creating entirely new bosses, with entirely new loot, and balancing both the bosses to be challenging and the loot to not be op, is what would take a lot more time.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Probably gonna have to wait for the launch of the other game to get any decent new content in CH now. Probably gonna have to wait a looong time after launch actually since the next update is qol only which they'll bring out when Warhammer releases. Part of me is thinking if their that understaffed that they can't work on both games simultaneously then how are we to expect new content to ever come to CH, or at the least it will be monumentally slow

Probably gonna have to wait for the launch of the other game to get any decent new content in CH now. Probably gonna have to wait a looong time after launch actually since the next update is qol only which they'll bring out when Warhammer releases. Part of me is thinking if their that understaffed that they can't work on both games simultaneously then how are we to expect new content to ever come to CH, or at the least it will be monumentally slow
We will be waiting, that's for sure. We have waited for Unity, were told After unity updates (content, QOL and more) will be coming. They didn't. We were told new boss and area will come. Re coloured Dhiouthu came. They said they will do a global boss. Yes they did. But With tons of glitches and lag. Same for "new(!)" items. Designs taken from past items and added some texts on them and served as "new".

Now we are waiting for other games launch. We are hoping they will start working on CH again and fix the issues, do some balancing and give us new content. I doubt it will happen. I think we will see new chests from time to time with premium pet or mount in it. More often double plats. Same spawn rate increasing event of some bosses, exp and gold events.