Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: LETS MAKE EPONA 2

We should have the devs limit to all competing clan servers and dom servers to one drop per boss until they change their "evil" ways yep yep
Maybe they can set a cooldown on the dice roll to like 45 minutes to discourage dice scamming as well! And limit players to one trade per hour, so hacked accounts can't easily trade everything off.

Perhaps they can even have Epona automatically disconnect any players past the second area page (or even first) until they calm down with the overpopulation ._.

#trollz
You know, that dice idea doesn’t sound all too bad ._. Dice spam is annoying, and it’ll stop noobs from dicing away all of their gold or getting scammed lmao. Although it is kinda funny watching people lose everything from dicing and then quit lol
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

We should have the devs limit to all competing clan servers and dom servers to one drop per boss until they change their "evil" ways yep yep
Or you know, you can work a bit to achieve your goals and not depend on someone else to serve it in a platter for you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go to some server, join the dom clan, learn about their system and convince people it's not good so that they join you to take down the dom clan and help establish another free server.

Clans wouldn't last long if they have an unfair system, people ain't that dumb. :?

Or you know, you can work a bit to achieve your goals and not depend on someone else to serve it in a platter for you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go to some server, join the dom clan, learn about their system and convince people it's not good so that they join you to take down the dom clan and help establish another free server.

Clans wouldn't last long if they have an unfair system, people ain't that dumb. :?
Reason why dom clans last so long is because of how easily convinced people are that dominance/competition is the only way. Even then though clans on a dominant server tend to not last that long. Think about all of the servers that have gone through power changes, and in some cases multiple times. Morrigan, Mabon, Lugh, Sulis, Nuada, Rhiannon, Taranis, and others I possibly have missed... and then think about all of the servers that has had a change in competition which includes almost every other server not mentioned. Lastly, think about all of the players that have been lost/quit because of their clans falling apart. There’s nothing positive that comes from dominance and more people quit under dominance then under a free server.

It’d honestly be great to implement free server rules into a dominant server, but people are so brainwashed/convinced as I said that dominance is the best thing ever when really it just causes more people to quit at a faster rate and literally effects people mentally. People get so emotional especially when it comes to competition, and some people literally go crazy over dkp/attendance and get addicted over it. I was the same way on belenus, got addicted over dkp/attendance and I was sometimes toxic towards the competing clan (both of which were no where near as bad as some others).. eventually I had enough and moved to Epona where I realized what dominance really does and I’ve been a lot better ever since.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Reason why dom clans last so long is because of how easily convinced people are that dominance/competition is the only way. Even then though clans on a dominant server tend to not last that long. Think about all of the servers that have gone through power changes, and in some cases multiple times. Morrigan, Mabon, Lugh, Sulis, Nuada, Rhiannon, Taranis, and others I possibly have missed... and then think about all of the servers that has had a change in competition which includes almost every other server not mentioned. Lastly, think about all of the players that have been lost/quit because of their clans falling apart. There’s nothing positive that comes from dominance and more people quit under dominance then under a free server.

It’d honestly be great to implement free server rules into a dominant server, but people are so brainwashed/convinced as I said that dominance is the best thing ever when really it just causes more people to quit at a faster rate and literally effects people mentally. People get so emotional especially when it comes to competition, and some people literally go crazy over dkp/attendance and get addicted over it. I was the same way on belenus, got addicted over dkp/attendance and I was sometimes toxic towards the competing clan (both of which were no where near as bad as some others).. eventually I had enough and moved to Epona where I realized what dominance really does and I’ve been a lot better ever since.

Some people like to play sports and compete in competitions and then some like to sit somewhere and read a book.

You're the book reader, I get it. Doesn't mean everyone likes to read books.
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

It’d honestly be great to implement free server rules into a dominant server
Most dominant servers don't have the population to entertain free server rules. Epona I'm sure can get away with people playing on single devices, but other worlds can't. Months, if not years, of individuals logging up to 6 devices for a chance at killing Bloodthorn, have carried these server on their back. Without these few people putting in 300% of the effort others are, a number of worlds would be completely dead. You will never convince these hard working individuals to give up what they have earned. They are still waiting for BT helms, Gelebron/Dhiothu weapons and other items to drop that they've been gunning hard for all these years. Let's say they're top of DKP, or have the most favor amongst the clan and will 100% win these next items - but with free servers, someone who logs twice a month wins their rightfully earned BT helm via rolling. I would quit. The server is only thriving because of my efforts. (not actually me)

Look at Nuada. They had one person that would log up to 10 devices to enable their Gelebron and Bloodthorn kills. He quit and the server died. Why would he log 10x more toons than others after losing all the DKP he had amassed over the years? He doesn't have 10x the access to loot drops via free server rules. He is going to lose drops that he has been working so hard for and for so long.

Look at Sulis. It would take 3 individuals refusing to multilog for the server to die. Why would they want to log 15 toons between them if someone from another clan could win a top-tier item that doesn't yet exist there?

I don't think it's a case of players being too selfish and greedy to give up drops. Those that are forced to use their solar array of devices to get bosses down should be rewarded appropriately. Past efforts being erased at the drop of a hat is only going to discourage them. It's all good for those that currently don't have a chance at the best loot - but it's not, because now the multiloggers have quit and they cant kill raids. Server dead. What now? Wait for players to flock to us like Epona?

I would love to be enlightened because I want the idea to work. I just don't see how.

I need my pikachu line stickers for these threads, the laughing pikachu would be absolutely perfect right about now lol.
We have had multiple "epona like" servers over the years. I believe at one point there were 3 servers with basically identical rules. 2 of them completely died out because people kept xfering to dom clan servers, and epona was only one to survive. Since then Epona has picked up players because well, frankly, it is the only one left. Since then we have had 2 other servers try to be open, and both collapsed and eventually had to turn into dom clan structures to survive.
Epona has lasted because it is active and because it is unique. Other servers that have tried to do the exact same thing have collapsed because people who go to Epona want Epona exactly, not many wanted a quieter Epona.

I get some of you are newer players and its easy to just "ok boomer" this post (Even though I'm only 22 ._. ) since I've been around since 2012, but take a moment and look at relevant examples from the game's history and don't just keep spamming these posts.

Taking this into account there are two solutions, but for optimal results they really both need to occur:
1) The lag and log in issues need to be fixed. This is something legitimately every server faces, from the smallest to the largest, in very close and similar magnitudes. It is not due to Epona's size but rather just a lot of people logging in for one boss. Even if only 20 people are logging in, it can still create the issue. Thus the issue needs to be solved across the game, not just thinking its isolated to Epona.
2) Supply and Demand: For those of you on Epona who want an Epona 2, why didn't you xfer to Nuada or the other servers whose names are escaping my tongue (or fingers I suppose) atm. You chose Epona for the same reason everyone else chose Epona over the identical substitutes. As such, creating a "new server" won't solve the issue, the only thing that will is low drop rates coupled with too many players encouraging some to xfer to the substitutes, hopefully before they collapse. And if not, xfering there anywhere and trying to bring it back.

So let's end these threads please...
A) Epona is not broken, the game has issues
B) Epona is not magical, it is however unique and that by every economic model explains its survival over the years
C) Epona generates the most plat purchases per server because it has the most people ._.
D) Let's focus on the whole game instead of pretending the game revolves around a single server :lol:
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Don’t have to fix anything if you think about it... all that needs to happen to convince people to quit and the old school epona comes back. Eventually people move on from this game and do something else, there’s many people who have quit the server and eventually more people will do the same. Could always go temporarily dom server to make people leave server and go back to the old ways of people excluding people they didn’t like instead of having a 50+ player ban list that’s like Celtic hero prison. I don’t really care either way y’all got yourself into this situation I’m happy to keep fishing till you guys ruin fishing too and make market prices on relics outrageous.. devs are not paying attention to Celtic heroes anymore, they are putting their full resources into war hammer odyssey, I wonder if y’all will make a ban list on that game too, y’all love policing players. Deciding what players can part take on bosses and who can’t is pretty much the definition of a dom server, sure it’s not all one clan but nowadays everyone following a ban list is pretty much the same thing.

devs are not paying attention to Celtic heroes anymore, they are putting their full resources into war hammer odyssey
what? there are other game? war hammer odyssey?

Some people like to play sports and compete in competitions and then some like to sit somewhere and read a book.

You're the book reader, I get it. Doesn't mean everyone likes to read books.
I played hockey for 7-8 years (assistant captain by the time I quit) which is as competitive as sports can get lol. I love some good old competition, but what is found in Celtic Heroes is something completely different. When competition starts to affect people mentally, which it most certainly has done in this game, then it’s a clear indication that maybe it’s time to stop before things get worse.

After reading some of "epona need help" and after listening a lot of complainings of people from small server, i have a conclusion, dominating clans are the problem, i mean, i never saw one single soul (unless the chieftains and generals from the dom clans) that liked this scrap, and every day i see people running to epona cause they server sucks and want bigger server with more freedom.
The problem starts when everyone come epona
and epona starts becoming overpopulate, so u need to go 1424523 times in the same boss to win something and it gets killed in less than 2 seconds, i mean, this have no fun.
Thats why i have a ideia that can save the game! Create Epona 2, so people can have the freedom and a lot of players/2.
There multiple ways to create a Epona 2,
First: call the devolopers to litterally create a server called Epona 2, and add the same rules of Epona and make some propaganda to make everyone goes there.
Second: Call the dom clans "kings" to make they change they rules to Epona rules and after it make some propaganda too.
Third: Find the most empty server or with the weakest dom clan, makes propaganda to fill it untill the server fill but always making this looks similar as possible to Epona, so make 2 propagndas, 1 to fill with people, the other to make this follow epona rules.
How to make propaganda? We could call developers to add some mails to everyone inviting they to the new server, we should try going on every server and every chat explain the concept of Epona 2 and should call every single one that wants xfer to Epona to go to Epona 2.
Where to start? We cant go doing randomly propaganda, we first need to make a solid ideia, if u are a devolper reading this u maybe have already power to make this happen, if u are a chiftain or general that want to see u server getting bigger manifest yourself or if we have enought peopme intrested on this we should form a group.
Dont matter if we lose, it matter if we lose without fighting.
Dunno where yall keep getting this idea that epona is special lol. Mabon gets just as many xfers as you, probably more. (Shocking ik!) we thrive on a dkp system. We kill dino on spawn nearly every spawn

Belenus has 3 competing clans atm. 2 of which are strong enough to take every single raid in the game currently. They have lockfights on bloodthorn

You call these servers dying? Lol epona is a meme, thats why people go to it. Nobody takes the server seriously, not even yourselves