Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Dear developers, Epona needs help

Epona is probably the most crowded world as it has its on sets of community rules to prevent dom clans taking over so everyone can see end game. This is a very good thing but we get transfers coming all the time which has let to we closing in on 100 players on gele. This is unfortunately effecting the stability of the game and and login is down for everyone, no matter area, when Epona kills gele, bt or dino. During BT people who never crash otherwise, even with minimal graphic settings, get kicked out and cant log back in until boss over. This is of course very frustrating for everyone.
To help Eponians I can think of 2 solutions, but there might of course be other solutions as well

1. Fix server lag and login issue
2. Create a new world with forced rule set which prevents server from going dom as an alternative to Epona . People really want to play at free servers (by the look of Epona population) but with current OTM rule set its very hard to enforce on an established world.

Thanks

Re: Dear developers, Epona needs help

Forced rules are never a good idea, especially if they only apply to one of many servers - it is extremely unfair for all new players who happen to find themselves on that server, locked into a certain playstyle.

Fixing player-count lag would be great, but there may be bigger server (and device) issues associated with that then players know. However, if it's possible, I definitely think VR should investigate solutions.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

It’s not that more people want open servers than dom it’s just that if you want an open server you have 1 maybe 2 choices, if you want a dominant one you have 17-18.

Dom players get heavily diluted and open get heavily concentrated.
Yeah I’d say more people want free servers lol. People flood into Epona everyday, everyday there are people in the castle desperate for xfers (people are literally doing 1:3 xfer ratios just to get in. I xfered some of my stuff out at a 1:5 ratio), and there are still a lot more (I really mean a lot lol) people stuck on their servers who would love to come to Epona but don’t/can’t because they can’t find an xfer or don’t care to start all over from scratch. It’s like a bunch of refugees trying to leave their war torn country where two opposing sides are constantly at each other’s throats, destroying their own country, so they seek out a “free world” where they can at least live better lives.

It doesn’t really matter if they’re all going into one server. It’s the same as everyome spreading out to each of the other free servers. What matters is that so many people are willing to leave their servers in the first place for a free server and newer players would much rather start on Epona because it’s more friendly towards them. Dom servers rarely see xfers coming to their server while Epona is seeing them on the daily.

Epona is over crowded, it’s starting to become a problem. The game was never optimized to run this many players. The server literally can’t handle it and 3-4 drops for 100 or so players to roll for simply doesn’t work out to well lol. The people coming in don’t realize that an overpopulated server is not much better than an underpopulated server. People come to Epona vs other free servers because it’s been around far longer and is far more established... if every server just put away and washed their greed covered hands and went free this wouldn’t be a problem, but that’ll never happen because people are stubborn and greedy lol.

VR needs to step in. I’ve already proposed an idea on a different thread that’ll solve this issue
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

It’s not that more people want open servers than dom it’s just that if you want an open server you have 1 maybe 2 choices, if you want a dominant one you have 17-18.

Dom players get heavily diluted and open get heavily concentrated.
Yeah I’d say more people want free servers lol. People flood into Epona everyday, everyday there are people in the castle desperate for xfers (people are literally doing 1:3 xfer ratios just to get in. I xfered some of my stuff out at a 1:5 ratio), and there are still a lot more (I really mean a lot lol) people stuck on their servers who would love to come to Epona but don’t/can’t because they can’t find an xfer or don’t care to start all over from scratch. It’s like a bunch of refugees trying to leave their war torn country where two opposing sides are constantly at each other’s throats, destroying their own country, so they seek out a “free world” where they can at least live better lives.

It doesn’t really matter if they’re all going into one server. It’s the same as everyome spreading out to each of the other free servers. What matters is that so many people are willing to leave their servers in the first place for a free server and newer players would much rather start on Epona because it’s more friendly towards them. Dom servers rarely see xfers coming to their server while Epona is seeing them on the daily.

Epona is over crowded, it’s starting to become a problem. The game was never optimized to run this many players. The server literally can’t handle it and 3-4 drops for 100 or so players to roll for simply doesn’t work out to well lol. The people coming in don’t realize that an overpopulated server is not much better than an underpopulated server. People come to Epona vs other free servers because it’s been around far longer and is far more established... if every server just put away and washed their greed covered hands and went free this wouldn’t be a problem, but that’ll never happen because people are stubborn and greedy lol.

VR needs to step in. I’ve already proposed an idea on a different thread that’ll solve this issue
So you're denying its not because there is only 1 roll server to choose from? Thats a laugh.

Friddoo makes good points, forgot about the part that there's only one true rolling server. You know, besides the fact that there's no population control.

Are you the other server xfer police? You check on every dom server to see what new xfers they get? Our clan had to close recruitment for two months because we were getting way too many people. They're xfering in groups.

For someone unrightfully server banned from his server, you sure like to promote it a lot. Its not going to have them change their minds.

At least admit its part of the problem.
Ashley A - 222 Mage - Novalis - Mabon
000000000000000 - 216 Rogue - Novalis - Mabon
Azona - 210 Druid - Novalis - Mabon

Then some Epona toons yo

So you're denying its not because there is only 1 roll server to choose from? Thats a laugh.

Friddoo makes good points, forgot about the part that there's only one true rolling server. You know, besides the fact that there's no population control.

Are you the other server xfer police? You check on every dom server to see what new xfers they get? Our clan had to close recruitment for two months because we were getting way too many people. They're xfering in groups.

For someone unrightfully server banned from his server, you sure like to promote it a lot. Its not going to have them change their minds.

At least admit its part of the problem.
Ash I think you are missing the point here. Its a fact that Epona getting transfers everyday and its been like that for almost a year. We cant "close" Epona from transfers nor deny people coming to bosses because thats the exact opposite of what Epona is about. The question here is not WHY people are transferring, the question is how are we gonna cope with it and the massive lag a crowded server generates at bosses. If other servers also are suffering from over-population they need to speak up.

Add more content, Daily raids and new bosses for all level range, more like the cg weekly quest but for all level range and players get a chest reward with random items, add more endgame bosses with a stable spawn time, Epona is currently overpopulated adding more content like this will move players to move out to other servers, Vr doesn't waste anytime in banning accounts with suspicious activity idk why they can't do the same with making gameplay more attractive.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BEING A HERO AND A COWARD IS NOT WHETHER YOU ARE SCARED IT'S WHAT YOU DO WHEN YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE SCARED