Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Dear developers, Epona needs help

IDK think VR is putting us into consideration, the problem here is not just on Epona alone it's all the servers, and I think it's high time we took matters into our own hands, I suggest we all unite and form a "council of Bossing" ( pls feel free to suggest a better name) whereby players work together and take turns in defeating bosses like mord, prot, gele, necro, and hrung, it will require alot of respect and trust from all sides and will apply to all clans as long as they can defeat the boss, for example of we have three clans on a server that can kill gele they'll take turns in defeat gele and repeat the cycle, in such way gear distribution will be equal and fair.
Some servers have tried that. It does occasionally work out, but rarely lasts for long. Usually one clan gets stronger and decides they don't want to share any more.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

IDK think VR is putting us into consideration, the problem here is not just on Epona alone it's all the servers, and I think it's high time we took matters into our own hands, I suggest we all unite and form a "council of Bossing" ( pls feel free to suggest a better name) whereby players work together and take turns in defeating bosses like mord, prot, gele, necro, and hrung, it will require alot of respect and trust from all sides and will apply to all clans as long as they can defeat the boss, for example of we have three clans on a server that can kill gele they'll take turns in defeat gele and repeat the cycle, in such way gear distribution will be equal and fair.
Some servers have tried that. It does occasionally work out, but rarely lasts for long. Usually one clan gets stronger and decides they don't want to share any more.
It will be impossible to find a player made solution that doesn’t involve player greed. Players here are simply greedy, there’s no hiding that fact. Many people see it, and many new players who join this game see it almost straight away. Plagued every single server from Arawn, to Epona, to Lugh, to Taranis. Many different systems have been used, including trying to share bosses, but greed always gets the best of things. It’s human nature, which is why many rich people in the real world always feel the need to have more and more in a greedy sense. It’s the same ingame, once people are at the top and they start getting some of the good stuff, all they ever want is more and more and are willing to shut others out just so they can keep more to themselves. Of course the ones guilty of greed never see themselves as greedy, because if they take notice and step away they’ll be taking away what is so satisfying to them, because greed is an addiction.

Greed has destroyed this once enjoyable game, and continues to do so everyday. Greed has ruined player to player relationships and created an environment so toxic that other games that might be considered toxic would look at us and say “whoa glad we’re not them” (players go at each other’s throats through competition over simple loot... dom clans have even said things like “choke out the competition” lol).

It’s a good thing many here won’t become rich in their lifetime because it would make this world even more disastrous lol. VR stepping in and taking the loot distribution into their own hands is the only solution. The way loot is distributed now no longer works and is far outdated, it needs to be changed so that greed can no longer thrive. The players will just fk up on everything they try.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

lol just add 2 endgame bosses in distinct places that spawn at same if 100 ppl will be only 50
and would be nice remove 4 stars bosses at least in epona
That doesn’t fix the issue of Epona’s population lol. The more content that gets released without changes to loot distribution, the more populated Epona will get.

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

wahhhhhh wahhhhhh
*VR fixes loot distribution*
More people xfer to epona since theres more chance of getting drops now

Zkills:

People are gonna come to Epona regardless cause it’s the most populated/active server. People leave their own servers to either escape the dominance/competition, because of how inactive the server is, and/or because of ridiculously high prices. When they go around searching for the most populated/active server with good prices, Epona pops up, and when they hear how it’s a free server that rolls, that seals the deal for them, especially for those looking to escape dominance/competition.

The goal is to give players less reasons to want to leave their own server in the first place, which in turn reduces the mass amounts of people looking to go to Epona. With dominance/competition removed, the general toxic environment of a dominant server will be reduced significantly (with of course some wounds left over taking a little extra time to heal) as players will learn how to work together vs working against each other, and naturally with everyone who participates being able to obtain loot, the activity of the server will drastically increase. With the new loot distribution every server will essentially become free which also means a much greater economy as gold has a lot more buying power which incentivizes players to buy more chests, reducing prices on everyday items, which then gives yet another reason for players to stay on their own server.

It’ll all work out almost perfectly for everyone (players and VR alike), and if VR does this and it doesn’t work then feel free to blame me because I’m certain it will make this game better for everyone in long run. This also works for players who have gone inactive/quit and will give them a better reason to want to come back

I have a better ideia, lets call all the Epona ppl to infiltrate or create a rival of the other servers dominant clans then destroy the other servers clans like Giorno Giovanna destroyed Diavollo and take Passione.
Then just insert Epona rules, we could call this server wars.
Lol not even Epona’s rules can be considered good. I mean, I did get server banned for simply killing people in the arena which is what you’re supposed to do in the arena lmao. Another person I know got server banned for “running” with a 5k yellow gem lol. Bans on Epona are usually placed on people because one banned person is one less person to roll against, and less because it’s justified. Meaning there are a lot of flaws within the system (and obviously greed).

Players should not have the ability to lock others out of content, that should be VRs job. If someone does something others don’t like, but it doesn’t break the terms of service, why should they get completely locked out of content? This also ties into something brought up about my idea with scammers or blacklisted players as they would be able to participate and obtain loot with the new loot distribution system. Well, tell me what good does blacklisting people like scammers do? Many of them are simple low levels so locking them out of endgame content won’t do anything, and all of them scam others simply because they’re too lazy to make a fortune the normal way. They scam, they get blacklisted, they make a new account, they act like nothing had ever happened and they learned nothing while playing under a new account. So what does blacklisting players achieve? Nothing. This new system will reduce the amounts of scammers as loot will be easier to obtain. No more wasting away your life for dkp or rolling against 50+ other players over 3-4 drops. You show up, and you have a greater chance at obtaining loot which means you can make gold easier which means you’ll have less reasons to scam.

Of course there will always be the petty low level dice scammers but there’s nothing you can do about them without VR stepping in with IP bans which they’ll never do as “every trade is final”. The best VR can do is to make leveling easier/more enjoyable so those players actually reach endgame and then implement the new loot distribution system so they can make gold more easily, reducing the urge to scam others.

All ima say is that if there was only one server that used KP to distribute drops that server would be on the verge of crashing

It’s supply and demand, it’s not something magical .-.

Also considering some of your replies to my last suggestion I think I should host a “how to detect more than obvious sarcasm” seminar :P
That counter solution to ban those who talk about epona too much... I’m down :twisted:
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

All ima say is that if there was only one server that used KP to distribute drops that server would be on the verge of crashing

It’s supply and demand, it’s not something magical .-.

Also considering some of your replies to my last suggestion I think I should host a “how to detect more than obvious sarcasm” seminar :P
That counter solution to ban those who talk about epona too much... I’m down :twisted:
Hold on... you’re telling me there’s other servers besides Epona?
YouTube | Mystery Chest Simulator | Cooking Guide | Legacy Boss Guide