Page 1 of 2

Hellsteed

Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:50 pm
by Miakoda
Have essences been removed from chests, or will they remain until the current Samhain chests are swapped out for Yule chests? Anyone have the official answer?

Re: Hellsteed

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:11 am
by Raburto
Miakoda wrote:Have essences been removed from chests, or will they remain until the current Samhain chests are swapped out for Yule chests? Anyone have the official answer?

Mostly will be removed at the start of Yule event, but no they have not been removed yet.

Re: Hellsteed

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:33 am
by Pwnsan
Witchbane chest contain dark essences. It says so in the description.

Re: Hellsteed

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:41 am
by Miakoda
Ok. Was just checking cause Difinitus mentioned before double plat that they were departing soon. I remember the OTM definition of soon, but am not completely sure of the VR definition. Lol. Thanks for the responses.

Re: Hellsteed

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:38 am
by Difinitus
The essences will remain in the Witchbane Mystery Chests. It's only the chest that is leaving the store, so any bought before then still have a chance to obtain a Dark Essence.

Re: Hellsteed

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:55 am
by Miakoda
Thanks for the clarification Difinitus. :)

Re: Hellsteed

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:42 pm
by Mind
This may have been asked before (sorry, if so), but will essences ever make a reappearance (with either witchbane chests returning or being added to a future chest)?
I have some mixed feelings about it; on the one hand, I feel it would be a bit unfair to make it a one-time-only thing as it is a bit more than a cosmetic item, but on the other hand, if it returned it would devalue the rareness and swag of existing ones being a bit unfair to those who thought it would be a one-time-only thing and invested accordingly.
Perhaps if it does return, it would be called Aeon Hellsteed. But then, what about if you had an OG hellsteed and used an Aeon essence to upgrade it? Would it be OG or Aeon?
If it's 5/6 OG hellsteed, would it still be called Aeon? what about a level 3? (maxed would be 3/3 OG/Aeon), what about a level 1? (5/6 Aeon)

I would like to hear other people's thoughts too.
(please no dev bashing tho, we've been there, done that on this enough; suffice to say clarity on the above issue would've been nice and update preferences for the future, civil discussion please.)

Edit:
Image


Image

lol, found an answer, but still would be interested in discussion.

Re: Hellsteed

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:39 pm
by Romeo
Mind wrote:This may have been asked before (sorry, if so), but will essences ever make a reappearance (with either witchbane chests returning or being added to a future chest)?
I have some mixed feelings about it; on the one hand, I feel it would be a bit unfair to make it a one-time-only thing as it is a bit more than a cosmetic item, but on the other hand, if it returned it would devalue the rareness and swag of existing ones being a bit unfair to those who thought it would be a one-time-only thing and invested accordingly.
Perhaps if it does return, it would be called Aeon Hellsteed. But then, what about if you had an OG hellsteed and used an Aeon essence to upgrade it? Would it be OG or Aeon?
If it's 5/6 OG hellsteed, would it still be called Aeon? what about a level 3? (maxed would be 3/3 OG/Aeon), what about a level 1? (5/6 Aeon)

I would like to hear other people's thoughts too.
(please no dev bashing tho, we've been there, done that on this enough; suffice to say clarity on the above issue would've been nice and update preferences for the future, civil discussion please.)

Edit:
Image


Image

lol, found an answer, but still would be interested in discussion.

Nope. Am quite sure it will be a different seasonal mount every time. Think I read that somewhere here

Re: Hellsteed

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:36 pm
by Eragon123
Romeo wrote:
Mind wrote:This may have been asked before (sorry, if so), but will essences ever make a reappearance (with either witchbane chests returning or being added to a future chest)?
I have some mixed feelings about it; on the one hand, I feel it would be a bit unfair to make it a one-time-only thing as it is a bit more than a cosmetic item, but on the other hand, if it returned it would devalue the rareness and swag of existing ones being a bit unfair to those who thought it would be a one-time-only thing and invested accordingly.
Perhaps if it does return, it would be called Aeon Hellsteed. But then, what about if you had an OG hellsteed and used an Aeon essence to upgrade it? Would it be OG or Aeon?
If it's 5/6 OG hellsteed, would it still be called Aeon? what about a level 3? (maxed would be 3/3 OG/Aeon), what about a level 1? (5/6 Aeon)

I would like to hear other people's thoughts too.
(please no dev bashing tho, we've been there, done that on this enough; suffice to say clarity on the above issue would've been nice and update preferences for the future, civil discussion please.)

Edit:
Image


Image

lol, found an answer, but still would be interested in discussion.

Nope. Am quite sure it will be a different seasonal mount every time. Think I read that somewhere here


It's hard for VR to be sure what will happen in a year's time. They kinda have to be vague, otherwise people will be bringing it up again next year if what actually happens is at all different (for any reason).

In regards to the hellsteed mounts themselves - my personal guess is that they won't come back again next year - the dragons didn't come back a year after they were released (though that doesn't mean they will never come back).

Re: Hellsteed

Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:19 pm
by Mind
Romeo wrote:Nope. Am quite sure it will be a different seasonal mount every time. Think I read that somewhere here

I searched around a bit, but didn't find much, but yeah, I doubt they'll have a definitive (or even difinitive) answer as of yet.

Eragon123 wrote:It's hard for VR to be sure what will happen in a year's time. They kinda have to be vague, otherwise people will be bringing it up again next year if what actually happens is at all different (for any reason).

In regards to the hellsteed mounts themselves - my personal guess is that they won't come back again next year - the dragons didn't come back a year after they were released (though that doesn't mean they will never come back).

Probably true on the reasoning. Unfortunate catch 22 where if they don't provide info people complain and if they do provide info it turns into a contract that is irrevocable lol.

...and did dragons ever leave? As far as I'm aware, all premium pets (for pet slot, not the novelty ones: dragon, phoenix, seedling) that have ever been available in live gameplay have been possible drops in every set of chests since their introduction. Or am I missing something or getting confused? (very likely lol).