Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Hellsteed mount thread

I think making a premium mount better than in-game accessible content (even if spirit mounts are essentially a premium item) is a bad idea. It unfortunately happened with dragons, and I hope VR doesn't make that mistake again.

IMO premium mounts should be unique and flashy things that are a neat addition for the specific season, but not the "new best thing". Going alongside that, the mounts should be more common. Same goes for future premium pets I hope - something that is a valid alternative to existing items, slightly better, and limited to a specific event.

If any mounts should stay on death, it should be Spirit mounts - not premium mounts.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I think making a premium mount better than in-game accessible content (even if spirit mounts are essentially a premium item) is a bad idea. It unfortunately happened with dragons, and I hope VR doesn't make that mistake again.

IMO premium mounts should be unique and flashy things that are a neat addition for the specific season, but not the "new best thing". Going alongside that, the mounts should be more common. Same goes for future premium pets I hope - something that is a valid alternative to existing items, slightly better, and limited to a specific event.

If any mounts should stay on death, it should be Spirit mounts - not premium mounts.
Big +1
    World-Gwydion
    Surya7 (Warrior Lvl 225)
    Prominence (Warrior Lvl 220)
    Raijin (Druid Lvl 221)
    Clan-Relentless

+1
    Name Lvl Clan
    1insane1 221 TheIlluminati General
    1Maniac1 220
    Brainless 190
    Strudel 220
    FireMcFire 217
    Unelanunhi 227
    Pocahontas 200

I posted about mount immortality on another thread, but truthfully I feel spirit mounts (and only spirit mounts) should be immortal. Personally I agree with the no p2w philosophy behind Eragon's post, and everyone can eventually get a spirit mount if they want one badly enough. IMO unless they were immortal they aren't worth the time expense and effort, but thats maybe just my value system. In an effort to be open to others' opinions I could see logic in the thought that also making hellsteeds immortal isn't p2w because of the ability to resell the tokens (or whatever they are.. Guess not horse eggs) though I see doing so as a potential slippery slope of expecting new chest mounts to be increasingly op...which really would quickly be p2w...not to mention highly op for a t6 hellsteed to also be immortal.

I really do think a good move to balance the high stat premium pets n mounts so non-pay players have a comperable option to compete would be to make the only immortal battle mount in the game be the one every single player could earn with tons of hard work.

I posted about mount immortality on another thread, but truthfully I feel spirit mounts (and only spirit mounts) should be immortal. Personally I agree with the no p2w philosophy behind Eragon's post, and everyone can eventually get a spirit mount if they want one badly enough. IMO unless they were immortal they aren't worth the time expense and effort, but thats maybe just my value system. In an effort to be open to others' opinions I could see logic in the thought that also making hellsteeds immortal isn't p2w because of the ability to resell the tokens (or whatever they are.. Guess not horse eggs) though I see doing so as a potential slippery slope of expecting new chest mounts to be increasingly op...which really would quickly be p2w...not to mention highly op for a t6 hellsteed to also be immortal.

I really do think a good move to balance the high stat premium pets n mounts so non-pay players have a comperable option to compete would be to make the only immortal battle mount in the game be the one every single player could earn with tons of hard work.
    +1
    I don't like the idea of a premium mount being best in every way over spirit mounts. Spirit mounts just require so much work (even if you're buying all your tokens), and it would be kinda lame to work so hard for one only for it to be obsolete whenever an event rolls around. I feel like the premium mounts should be the same as the normal mount with a moderate stat boost and a much better skill (I.e. horse with like 150 str/dex instead of dragon stats).

Pegasus Lugh Signature & Profile artwork by Angmar Reid
    Mindreader ♥ Lethal Ninja (Doge Dandolo/Photon/Shazaam/Staboteur)
    AH Dupe Glitch, Community Discord, Database, Bitey's Guide

Support isn't on forums; email issues to support@onethumbmobile.com

+1 hope vr consider our feedback and add these changes with arena witch patch

Daaaaang dude

BIG +1 from me on this one. Pretty good idea tbh.
    Songz
    My song is what you hear before you die. :D
    #FixGeleWepSkills
    #Getridofspeedcap
    #MakeDoTstack
    Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

I don't like the idea of a premium mount being best in every way over spirit mounts. Spirit mounts just require so much work (even if you're buying all your tokens), and it would be kinda lame to work so hard for one only for it to be obsolete whenever an event rolls around. I feel like the premium mounts should be the same as the normal mount with a moderate stat boost and a much better skill (I.e. horse with like 150 str/dex instead of dragon stats).
    Exactly.

It's a matter of finding that balance between being good enough that they are a viable option yet not overpowered...while keeping them common enough that it doesn't cost 10 million to max out (though this is partly on the players as well).

Granted, as time goes on, it will be harder to come up with stats that are still relatively equal, yet not boring and copies of past stuff. That's kinda where we are right now with endgame loot - there's only so many different things you can put out before they start running together.

However, the massive benefit that VR has here is the uniqueness of the designs. It's easy to get upset about boss loot that is very similar, since the stats are the only part that matters. In the case of mounts and pets, people won't complain as much about stats being similar, so long as the look is unique each event*. New models would be ideal, but even just drastic reskins would be great (like with the hellsteed).

*Side note on the unique look - this would be an excellent time for VR to start sharing concept art with the players ahead of time, as the mount (or pet) is being developed. There have been instances in the past where there is an overwhelming number of players who dislike a set of fashion. Sharing concept art (even early sketches) would be a great way to start hyping players up, as well as get a general feel for player opinions of the look. Of course, this only applies if VR is planning on making this a regular thing - either a battlemount or pet with each chest.
    Have questions about anything? PM me!
    Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
    Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
    Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
    Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

I have a level 5 right now, I don’t think the damage needs a buff, as it increases with ability.

I do agree that it needs to have its range for skill boosted. The skills is useless to me as a ranger.

Names/descriptions are all bugged as well.

Overall thoughts:
    I like the design, and how it gets more fiery when u level up the tiers (from what I’ve seen at least).Definitely needs more work done on it. I’d probably rate this at a 6/10 right now._. Pretty underwhelming
    All chicken we're created equal
    U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
    - chieftain of lazy drunks
    - 223 Dg ranger

._.