Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: If you want server merges...

My main argument against server merges is and always has been that the game doesn’t revolve around endgame players. Any changes VR makes have to be made while considering the entire playerbase.

Sure, every single active person over 200 on server A might want to get merged with another server, but what if that number is only 30% of the active player count for that server. A “dead server” in most playerspeak usually just means low endgame numbers, rather than necessarily low player counts in general.

Regardless, even if there is an unusually low total player count for a server, that still doesn’t mean that a server merge is good for either server involved. Economies are part of the issue, but also just player counts in general. Again, VR has to consider all players of any level, not just endgame. Let’s say there’s only twenty 200+ characters that log in every day on average, and 55 characters under 200. Combine that with another server with roughly the same numbers, and suddenly you have a great endgame player count. However, there’s now over 100 regularly logging players under 200...which means a lot more competition for leveling spots, quest mobs, gear (in AH and trades) and so on.

I think the main point I’m trying to make is that any server merge will quite literally be forcing players together, into a completely new dynamic, overnight. As such, I don’t think 10 people wanting it on the forums is a good enough representation of the entire server to justify (in my opinion) a merge.

That’s not even considering any less-active players who log back in after taking a few weeks off to find out that everything is completely different. Any server merge would have a lot of negative backlash. As such, I really can’t think of any situation where a server merge would ever be a good idea for all players involved, or even most. The only exception being if multiple servers were to only have <50 total characters logging in daily on average.

Also...keep in mind that when VR looks at server metrics, they see characters logging in - they probably have no clue if any are alts. So, lets say player A has 4 endgame characters that they log in regularly for bounties and bossing. VR, looking at their metrics, probably doesn’t have any way to tell if that is 4 different players logging in daily, or 1. As such, an endgame consisting of 10-15 players could look like a good 20-40 players. If you players in “dead servers” are doing this, that could very well be a good part of why VR might not see much of a problem with server activity levels.
Low and middle level players needs bigger population more than end game players. You should guess how many players quit the game before they reac end game. They need more interactions, more chatty game, more and more people to play with.

Wayback 2015, server merges is already a topic.

After 4 yrs, today 2019.
Do you think it will happen?

Im not against server merges nor agree to it.
Because im happy in my server Epona.

If your not happy in your old server just quit like i did and start a new toon in a new server. Its hard to start again and again but thats part of a game.
I quit 7 server before i found my home server, Epona.

Epona, the name of Link's horse in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which is my favorite console game. :lol:

JUST ENJOY THE GAME.
EPONA
jonleonhart - ranger lvl 150 (2019)
jonlionheart - rogue lvl 124 (2019)

DONN
BlinkDagger - rogue lvl 194 (2017)

Celtic Heroes is a G.O.A.T. Game (Greatest Of All Time)

You could enjoy one toon on Nuada if you took the time. Yes eg is low. But when you log that many, ten really? who else will have the gear? You have a monopoly and complain no one will help you maintain that? Anyway I am happy that you enjoy your new home :) and I am glad you are still playing
I can testify that the people that were logging 5+% toons to get a raid down, were quite humble with requesting gear. They just build their mains like quant said, they left alot of gear unclaimed, even though they had the akp to claim most top tier items.

You seem to be under the impression that these people wanted to log that many toons and that they wanted to gear every alt to the teeth. This is not true. They enjoyed playing their mains and logged the other alts out of necessity to help their friends and clan members.
[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

You could enjoy one toon on Nuada if you took the time. Yes eg is low. But when you log that many, ten really? who else will have the gear? You have a monopoly and complain no one will help you maintain that? Anyway I am happy that you enjoy your new home :) and I am glad you are still playing
I can testify that the people that were logging 5+% toons to get a raid down, were quite humble with requesting gear. They just build their mains like quant said, they left alot of gear unclaimed, even though they had the akp to claim most top tier items.

You seem to be under the impression that these people wanted to log that many toons and that they wanted to gear every alt to the teeth. This is not true. They enjoyed playing their mains and logged the other alts out of necessity to help their friends and clan members.
Well said. I'm one of those people.