Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Luxury and Regular Pet Skills Prevent Oopsies

Ive been wanting to post about this for awhile. Many people are often faced with what pet to choose, and more often than not, some people make expensive mistakes with jack pot eggs, eggs, or even 128 pet tokens. For example, I saw a druid in the tavern a week or so ago with a blue phoenix. After asking him about it he told me he didn't know what the skill did and liked the color. He said he would of chosen a purple Phoenix if he had known what the skill did. And support wouldn't refund. I said he could trade in his level 6 pet for 3 eggs, he said he might do that. But why should he have to fork out another 1.5-3mil per egg to get the right pet. Why should anyone have to half there pet

To remedy this unfortunate mistake, I want to encourage including in the description what the skill does for ALL PETS. Accompanied with how much better the skill gets,

Help your players make smart decisions!

P.S. we were also told that adding orange text to Bloodthorn’s “Regrowth” skill was a reasonable request months ago on the forum, but not even that was done.... Excuse me for being a Debby downer but it doesn't seem like any requests about how to improve the game are ever carried out. Unless its a mass log in issue or server issue, which we appreciate but come on!
Last edited by Seasalty123 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
:POP:
Rosmerta
Level 222 Warrior and Druid
Cooking level191
Clan Oasis
YT: SaltyRuneProductions
YT: Seasalt Celtic Heroes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLA0_s ... nVGiO53qyQ

Re: Luxury and Regular Pet Skills Prevent Oopsies

Blue Phoenix item description says: "This SIZE Blue Phoenix works hard to aid you, granting its bonuses and the skill 'Frost Breath', freezing close groups of enemies with cold damage and lowering their cold resist".

The purple phoenix says the same, substituting cold for magic.

If a player doesn't take the time to read anything in the game, that's fine - but it's their fault. The game devs can't be blamed for the players ignoring the obvious descriptions, whether it's for a piece of gear, an explanation of a quest by an NPC, or a shop description.
The same goes for trading in phoenix/dragon/seedlings...Sedric the pet vendor tells you two times every time you talk to him how to upgrade the premium pets, in a bright cyan font. If you don't read it, that's your fault.

Granted, sometimes the item description isn't very clear. Not really in the case of a phoenix (I don't know how much clearer you can get while still staying on theme). But take seedlings for example - the item description doesn't explicitly mention anything to do with the pet skill itself, though it is hinted at when it says "this seedling could be a force for good as opposed to evil"...it seems to be hinting that instead of having a damage dealing aoe, it's a damage boosting aoe. That's a little bit of a stretch though.

As for the orange text for Regrowth - still sounds good to me, it would be nice if this were added.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Blue Phoenix item description says: "This SIZE Blue Phoenix works hard to aid you, granting its bonuses and the skill 'Frost Breath', freezing close groups of enemies with cold damage and lowering their cold resist".

If a player doesn't take the time to read anything in the game, that's fine - but it's their fault. The game devs can't be blamed for the players ignoring the obvious descriptions, whether it's for a piece of gear, an explanation of a quest by an NPC, or a shop description.
The same goes for trading in phoenix/dragon/seedlings...Sedric the pet vendor tells you two times every time you talk to him how to upgrade the premium pets, in a bright cyan font. If you don't read it, that's your fault.

Granted, sometimes the item description isn't very clear. Not really in the case of a phoenix (I don't know how much clearer you can get while still staying on theme). But take seedlings for example - the item description doesn't explicitly mention anything to do with the pet skill itself, though it is hinted at when it says "this seedling could be a force for good as opposed to evil"...it seems to be hinting that instead of having a damage dealing aoe, it's a damage boosting aoe. That's a little bit of a stretch though.

As for the orange text for Regrowth - still sounds good to me, it would be nice if this were added.
I'd love a description of the cg axe offy that says more than just you hit something. Not a single bit of info about it

You are absolutely correct. But the descriptions are vague, and more specification of how much the skill does would be nice. When I double checked it appears all pets have a vague description except seedlings.
Rosmerta
Level 222 Warrior and Druid
Cooking level191
Clan Oasis
YT: SaltyRuneProductions
YT: Seasalt Celtic Heroes https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLA0_s ... nVGiO53qyQ

You are absolutely correct. But the descriptions are vague, and more specification of how much the skill does would be nice. When I double checked it appears all pets have a vague description except seedlings.
Item descriptions are static, they can’t change based on your stats and abilities - that’s what the skill page is for. It would be nice if that were the case, but unless VR decides it’s worth the effort of changing that (which will likely be a pretty big change) it’s gonna have to stay the same.

The descriptions are slightly vague...but they have to be, since they can’t really contain any numbers. For the most part, item descriptions give a fairly accurate description of the skill.
Take the Blue Phoenix for example - just from reading the skill you know it does cold damage to an area, and lowers the affected mobs’ cold resistance.
I personally wouldn’t really call that vague, it tells you what the skill does, just without the part it can’t currently give - exactly how much it does.

As for the gardens offhands - yeah some of them could use some more detailing. At least give a max number - “deals up to 5000 divine damage” etc. dl/edl offhands need this too, I believe
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!