Page 2 of 4

Re: No love for rogues?

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:00 pm
by H3ROBigG
Chaotic wrote:
Elfylolz wrote:
Chaotic wrote:Rogues have been treated pretty badly since tower came out lol, they were gods in carrow. Rangers are dominant in almost all aspects of endgame now, mages are great for bt though.

Lol any rogue that's losing kills to rangers with equal gear is sad

Yup good luck outlocking rangers with rogues at prot or gele.


Prot debatable, no ranger is ever handing me an L at gele though.

A top rogue can beat almost any ranger at prot if it's tanked correctly.

Re: No love for rogues?

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:13 pm
by arthurbolotov
Someone help me with the Rogue. Sorry that isn't in the theme. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=101298

Re: No love for rogues?

Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm
by Arthuruzen1
rogues get way too much love they are the most unbalanced class in the game any rogue should be able to all the kills on prot or gele if they know what your doing

Re: No love for rogues?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
by Chaotic
H3ROBigG wrote:
Chaotic wrote:
Elfylolz wrote:Lol any rogue that's losing kills to rangers with equal gear is sad

Yup good luck outlocking rangers with rogues at prot or gele.


Prot debatable, no ranger is ever handing me an L at gele though.

A top rogue can beat almost any ranger at prot if it's tanked correctly.

1 on 1 a ranger loses at gele but a full group of rangers can outlock a full group of rogues because of the offhand diminishing returns.

Re: No love for rogues?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:56 am
by Ventius
Chaotic wrote:
SupremeDruid wrote:Epona has killed dino about 5 times now? Someone can correct me. We have received a grand total of 0 rogue drops. S*** RNG or does VR discriminate against us rogues? xD

Rogues have been treated pretty badly since tower came out lol, they were gods in carrow. Rangers are dominant in almost all aspects of endgame now, mages are great for bt though.
lol what? Rogues even dominate rangers on prot since cg offhands. Ranger is the worst and least useful class in the game as it stands

Re: No love for rogues?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:00 am
by Ventius
Chaotic wrote:
H3ROBigG wrote:
Chaotic wrote:Yup good luck outlocking rangers with rogues at prot or gele.


Prot debatable, no ranger is ever handing me an L at gele though.

A top rogue can beat almost any ranger at prot if it's tanked correctly.

1 on 1 a ranger loses at gele but a full group of rangers can outlock a full group of rogues because of the offhand diminishing returns.
id aso argue this if rogues are timing 3/3 spites. Rogue is the most unbalanced class in the game.

Re: No love for rogues?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:19 am
by Chaotic
Ventius wrote:
Chaotic wrote:
H3ROBigG wrote:
Prot debatable, no ranger is ever handing me an L at gele though.

A top rogue can beat almost any ranger at prot if it's tanked correctly.

1 on 1 a ranger loses at gele but a full group of rangers can outlock a full group of rogues because of the offhand diminishing returns.
id aso argue this if rogues are timing 3/3 spites. Rogue is the most unbalanced class in the game.

Enjoy losing locks.

Re: No love for rogues?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:59 am
by Curry30423
Ventius wrote:
Chaotic wrote:
SupremeDruid wrote:Epona has killed dino about 5 times now? Someone can correct me. We have received a grand total of 0 rogue drops. S*** RNG or does VR discriminate against us rogues? xD

Rogues have been treated pretty badly since tower came out lol, they were gods in carrow. Rangers are dominant in almost all aspects of endgame now, mages are great for bt though.
lol what? Rogues even dominate rangers on prot since cg offhands. Ranger is the worst and least useful class in the game as it stands

Lies I get majority of prot kills,_,

Re: No love for rogues?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:09 pm
by bob the mage
Oh boy do I love it when threads get off topic ._.

1) just cause you aren’t getting a kill on boss x, where your class supposedly has an advantage, over another class doesn’t mean the other class has to be imbalanced. Could just mean they have a better build than you do.
2) this topic is about drop rates, not who kills what
3) drop rate chance even across all classes for drops. This helps promote class balance, if less druids for example it becomes easier to gear a Druid so more will play druid than before.
4) 5 kills is a pathetic sample size...

Re: No love for rogues?

Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:33 pm
by Eragon123
bob the mage wrote:1) just cause you aren’t getting a kill on boss x, where your class supposedly has an advantage, over another class doesn’t mean the other class has to be imbalanced. Could just mean they have a better build than you do.
2) this topic is about drop rates, not who kills what
3) drop rate chance even across all classes for drops. This helps promote class balance, if less druids for example it becomes easier to gear a Druid so more will play druid than before.
4) 5 kills is a pathetic sample size...


Excellent list. My only suggestion would be:

1a: It's also possible that you got really unlucky with critical hits and normal damage RNG (or they got really lucky).