Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: The Dino raid.

2- you totally missunderstand the point being made. Most servers struggle with slash nukes because that relies almost solely on dps gele axe warriors. Unless that war also runs taunt they will regularly be tp because of low agro meaning slash nukes will consistantly explode possibly ending the raid atempt.

3- yes and it does matter as if you work out blind spots it means more dps on the boss and faster kills. I thought that much would be obvious even to a level 5

4- i dont recall your input on the boss skills. I remember taalia and myself establishing the evasion types for all of the adds skills and a number of dinos skills through hours of testing and inf/alpha being the lead 2 along with others doing a lot of work with orbs and tanking dino. Not sure where you came in to that...anyway the issue being raised is dino stopping attacking the tank and turning towards the dps to auto them. Absolutely nothing to do with aoe skills hitting and killing the dps as everyone knows that is part of the game and to be expected.
2. Should have been more specific. I guess I’d expect for the slash 5*s to become a little more easy with sword builds becoming more popular. Idk it’s been an issue since beta.

3. I don’t think there’s any blind spots, especially for close up melee. VR did a good job with the orbs pathing. Ranged might be able to find a good spot or two but will most likely run into an orb.

4. It was the thread where someone was asking for a list/screenshots of every skill/emote dino uses throughout the raid and i spent quite some going through footage and gathering screenshots of every skill/emote dino uses. Did more behind the scenes with Prevail but I think that was with the adds, not dino. So basically someone gets more aggro than the tank? Does it turn to attack specifically dg rogues or dps Druids? Or is it an actual mechanic. Dps gaining more aggro than tank is no surprise on Epona, and if it’s a mechanic then it’s still nothing new as there are some bosses who will “shift focus” and attack someone else other than the player with the most aggro. Swampy does it I think. And wild swing/8 balls of death aren’t AoE skills
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

The raid is broken.

Still getting teleported with less than 30 people and no spectators were around today. VR needs to look into the coding.

While I'm griping ... please extend spawn time on 5* nukes. And next time there's a wild idea about bosses being limited can we make it 220 req to get in ._.
+1, make the area 220 to enter.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

The raid is broken.

Still getting teleported with less than 30 people and no spectators were around today. VR needs to look into the coding.

While I'm griping ... please extend spawn time on 5* nukes. And next time there's a wild idea about bosses being limited can we make it 220 req to get in ._.
Kinda makes me wonder if the limit before teleporting is even 30... if I remember correctly we were being teleported around on attempts with under 30 players during testing. Unless if VR said something .-.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

The raid is broken.

Kinda makes me wonder if the limit before teleporting is even 30... if I remember correctly we were being teleported around on attempts with under 30 players during testing. Unless if VR said something .-.
Before the recent resets we were keeping it right at 30 or as little less and had no teleports. This started this weekend for us.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

2- you totally missunderstand the point being made. Most servers struggle with slash nukes because that relies almost solely on dps gele axe warriors. Unless that war also runs taunt they will regularly be tp because of low agro meaning slash nukes will consistantly explode possibly ending the raid atempt.

3- yes and it does matter as if you work out blind spots it means more dps on the boss and faster kills. I thought that much would be obvious even to a level 5

4- i dont recall your input on the boss skills. I remember taalia and myself establishing the evasion types for all of the adds skills and a number of dinos skills through hours of testing and inf/alpha being the lead 2 along with others doing a lot of work with orbs and tanking dino. Not sure where you came in to that...anyway the issue being raised is dino stopping attacking the tank and turning towards the dps to auto them. Absolutely nothing to do with aoe skills hitting and killing the dps as everyone knows that is part of the game and to be expected.
2. Should have been more specific. I guess I’d expect for the slash 5*s to become a little more easy with sword builds becoming more popular. Idk it’s been an issue since beta.

3. I don’t think there’s any blind spots, especially for close up melee. VR did a good job with the orbs pathing. Ranged might be able to find a good spot or two but will most likely run into an orb.

4. It was the thread where someone was asking for a list/screenshots of every skill/emote dino uses throughout the raid and i spent quite some going through footage and gathering screenshots of every skill/emote dino uses. Did more behind the scenes with Prevail but I think that was with the adds, not dino. So basically someone gets more aggro than the tank? Does it turn to attack specifically dg rogues or dps Druids? Or is it an actual mechanic. Dps gaining more aggro than tank is no surprise on Epona, and if it’s a mechanic then it’s still nothing new as there are some bosses who will “shift focus” and attack someone else other than the player with the most aggro. Swampy does it I think. And wild swing/8 balls of death aren’t AoE skills
Orbs are well done, repeating every 1/8th for all the directions and then the opposite rotation. Laughed pretty hard when I noticed that. (So yes zkills, I do know the different orb patterns). There are still wiser spots to stand with them. It is truly difficult to say let’s kill the troll when we need our bashers to be on the boss to prevent the heal.

One issue that truly does make the fives difficult is that they are very hard to click on. I will waste 10 if the 20 seconds running around trying to click the dragon and only getting dhio.
Trouble1213 - 226 Rogue
Sardarthien - 221 Warrior
Kopis - 190 Rogue
Frosting - 220 Druid
- General of Ascension (Danu)

Cant be tellin us that offtanking is the unintended way when dps warriors are already stuck up bashing, the most unused melee dps shouldn't have the most to do in a raid.
Ascension

227+ Rogue
221+ Mage
200+ Warrior
220+ Mage
200 Rogue
210+ Druid

Perma banned from ch friends band for spamming no u ft. Rogue81 & W7CH

Rogue BT Kill 09/20/2019

39th Full Doch, 14th Rogue - Danu

How's everyone else doing with Dino ?

We have done a serious attempt yesterday and got it to 60% for the second time. Most of us don't have energy or enough motivation to do back to back attempts. Although we kill all bosses including BT on spawn and easily get 30+ players online in any time zone, it's hard to gather for Dino.

What else would you suggest other than this Difinitus ?
Dhiothu is an end-game progression boss. She is difficult, but able to be defeated.

Here are a few suggestions if you are having trouble slaying the beast:

Adjust your strategy - Seek advice from other heroes who defeated the dragon.
Increase your level - She was designed for players around 220.
Equip better gear - End game raid gear is a must.
Keep trying - Become an expert at the mechanics and learn how to avoid them.

How's everyone else doing with Dino ?

We have done a serious attempt yesterday and got it to 60% for the second time. Most of us don't have energy or enough motivation to do back to back attempts. Although we kill all bosses including BT on spawn and easily get 30+ players online in any time zone, it's hard to gather for Dino.

What else would you suggest other than this Difinitus ?
Dhiothu is an end-game progression boss. She is difficult, but able to be defeated.

Here are a few suggestions if you are having trouble slaying the beast:

Adjust your strategy - Seek advice from other heroes who defeated the dragon.
Increase your level - She was designed for players around 220.
Equip better gear - End game raid gear is a must.
Keep trying - Become an expert at the mechanics and learn how to avoid them.
We have similar problem on Fingal. Ppl don't even come to dino after some attends.
That's 'git gud' what Difinitus said. Most of servers don't have lvl 220+ ppl with full dg and Godly stuffs.
Try get more magic dmg. Dps druids, dg rogues, magic axe offhands, magic gele weapons or regen weapons, spears.
Dalla Crowder 224 rogue Fingal

Players: "We want harder bosses with better loot, but don't make it so that we need a huge number of players to overwhelm the encounter and make it easy".
VR: *Releases a harder boss with better loot, that is limited to a lower number of players*
Players: "This is too hard".

Ah yes, the wonderful challenges of game development.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Orbs are well done, repeating every 1/8th for all the directions and then the opposite rotation. Laughed pretty hard when I noticed that. (So yes zkills, I do know the different orb patterns). There are still wiser spots to stand with them. It is truly difficult to say let’s kill the troll when we need our bashers to be on the boss to prevent the heal.

One issue that truly does make the fives difficult is that they are very hard to click on. I will waste 10 if the 20 seconds running around trying to click the dragon and only getting dhio.
I agree! Targeting dino and the 5* adds is very difficult even when we have a tank pull the adds outwards on spawn. What I’ve found to help is basically point my character so it’s looking upwards then clicking on the buttcheeks/head of dino depending on where u stand. Same goes for adds but it’s still difficult to target them most of the time
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.