Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: What server should a new player begin on?

I gave Epona a try a long time ago. At the time Evil Clown was very small, as a time reference. I knocked on the doors of all the major clans (such as Enigma, Anarchy...) and was turned away every time. I kept being told that each clan is a like a family and I needed someone from within to recommend me. I had already played on several servers at that point so I knew my way around but if I had been a new player, I would've been completely lost. I eventually joined a small clan which eventually died out. I'm not sure on the policies of the new clans and the newly strong clans like Evil Clowns but I do agree that other servers were much more supportive of noobs.

Edit: just want to add that aside from that hitch, my experience on the server was good
Last edited by Soccer on Sat May 11, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All servers have their pros and cons, you will find nice people on all of them. None of them look particularly busy as it's a small mobile MMO but there is still plenty of activity going on. I don't know much about Lir but if they are downing BT now that's a good sign.

As everyone has said, each server has a different way of doing things. I currently play on Epona because the play style suits me, i.e. I like rolling for drops and being able to play when I feel like it without feeling like I'm losing out. I also play on Gwyd which is a server that has a single clan who are able to do all end game bosses and runs a DKP system, that didn't suit me as well because their bossing hours are mainly US centric so I moved to a smaller clan on the server which also has a rolling system (Plus I find comp a little bit stressful).

Also think about whether youre going to spend any irl money, small servers are expensive as there aren't as many plat buyers which means that levelling will be hard work.

If you do try Epona or Gwyd send me a pm and I will try to give you a hand starting. :)
Pizzazz 222 mage - Epona

Retired ♥
Eurydice 223 mage - Gwydion

I gave Epona a try a long time ago. At the time Evil Clown was very small, as a time reference. I knocked on the doors of all the major clans (such as Enigma, Anarchy...) and was turned away every time. I kept being told that each clan is a like a family and I needed someone from within to recommend me. I had already played on several servers at that point so I knew my way around but if I had been a new player, I would've been completely lost. I eventually joined a small clan which eventually died out. I'm not sure on the policies of the new clans and the newly strong clans like Evil Clowns but I do agree that other servers were much more supportive of noobs.

Edit: just want to add that aside from that hitch, my experience on the server was good
As someone in anarchy we tend to try have players at a certain level req and providing there’s no bad history we generally accept people, though if you pm me in game or on wechat I’d be more than glad to help you out with anything you need if I can provide
Dynamit1 - 215 Druid
Dynasaur - 205 Mage
Dynamit3 - 223 Rogue
Dynamit4 - 220 Warrior
Dynamit5 - 217 Ranger

Getting into a clan on Epona is one of the harder parts, it's not really necessary at end game so it seems no one is too eager to recruit people, but as a new player it's very hard to progress without help so it makes it tough to start without a clan. Numeros Delnido is a very helpful and accepting clan, started by a friend when a bunch of us were clan less. Taranis seems more of a mix between freedom for every player to do what they want and the classic expected totally devoted loyalty to a clan than many servers have. Taranis seems like a good choice and entices me because since other servers are bigger there are less of the beginner drops like skills but Taranis is well established and without too many players sucking up the drops as well as lux items. On Epona things either go for cheap or very expensive I think the more regular prices of items on smaller servers is more useful for getting started. Plat items are a different story but you can do without them at lower levels.

He wants an active server that’s beginner friendly. He’s a new player that doesn’t know the play styles. Epona or Taranis are very new player friendly and Epona especially is very active. 1-2 pages of players at the castle at any given time.
New players typically aren’t as committed though making epona a bad choice as only real way to progress to real EG caliber is to either spend thousands of hours farming or buy thousands a year in plat.
This is so incorrect, epona is one of the easiest servers to make money to be able to afford gear and lixes without buying plat, if you get a good clan they will be able to help you get your dl/edl also.
UltimateIronman - Level 50 Morrigan

Youtube Series here

He wants an active server that’s beginner friendly. He’s a new player that doesn’t know the play styles. Epona or Taranis are very new player friendly and Epona especially is very active. 1-2 pages of players at the castle at any given time.
New players typically aren’t as committed though making epona a bad choice as only real way to progress to real EG caliber is to either spend thousands of hours farming or buy thousands a year in plat.
I’ve found it’s easier when you don’t have connections to start off on a server with a strong noob clan or on a server where no one monopolizes the bosses and all drops given freely from personal banks.
Also makes it easier if they choose to progress to EG if DKP is used as a not as fully invested player can still end up reasonably geared, contrary to what happens on Epona.
Making gold on Epona for gear really isn’t that hard. Can make millions easily.
A low level is not going to make millions easily or at least not without a trillion hours spent killing really low level mobs and selling the drops for pennies to the vendors. There is a couple reasons why far more quit the game than continue playing into end game and the constant need for gold that interfere with game play is one reason.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I’ve found it’s easier when you don’t have connections to start off on a server with a strong noob clan or on a server where no one monopolizes the bosses and all drops given freely from personal banks.
Also makes it easier if they choose to progress to EG if DKP is used as a not as fully invested player can still end up reasonably geared, contrary to what happens on Epona.
A low level is not going to make millions easily or at least not without a trillion hours spent killing really low level mobs and selling the drops for pennies to the vendors. There is a couple reasons why far more quit the game than continue playing into end game and the constant need for gold that interfere with game play is one reason.
Wrong. Making gold is that easy. Win a p crown, bam, you made at least 2-3+m depending on what they go for nowadays. Sure you have to get to lvl 170 first, but that’s easy.
Yurian Stonebow of Epona
Ranger-221
And some other alts of unmentionable levels.

Wrong. Making gold is that easy. Win a p crown, bam, you made at least 2-3+m depending on what they go for nowadays. Sure you have to get to lvl 170 first, but that’s easy.
Level 170 isn't exactly a low level

Let's take a level 50 player. How fast can he or she make 2-3 mil without sacrificing time from sleep, sports/studies, and a social life?

The constant need for gold is fairly unique to CH compared to most MMOs regardless of what server you're on.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

Also take into account that Epona has one of, if not the best economies out of all the servers. Lixs are incredibly cheap with xps selling for 2k each maximum. Everything is simply cheaper which makes things easier for new players. If you do the main quest lines and not spend gold on unnecessary things, you’ll have a good sum of gold by the time you’re done with stonevale. That’s where new players can start farming the stonevale bosses for good gold, as discs have a good presence in the market with dragon being sold for 10k+ each I believe.
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

Also take into account that Epona has one of, if not the best economies out of all the servers. Lixs are incredibly cheap with xps selling for 2k each maximum. Everything is simply cheaper which makes things easier for new players. If you do the main quest lines and not spend gold on unnecessary things, you’ll have a good sum of gold by the time you’re done with stonevale. That’s where new players can start farming the stonevale bosses for good gold, as discs have a good presence in the market with dragon being sold for 10k+ each I believe.
How is a new player supposed to farm stone vale bosses without out leveling them a ton? Remember they might have a good sum of gold but from experience it's only enough to get some decent jewelry or one high tier lux items. They haven't started farming yet nor do they have many good spots to do so so they don't have the gear to farm bosses only a few levels lower. Consumables might be cheap on Epona but gear isn't particularly. From personal experience people either post prices which are too high for me and someone buys it or there is a reasonable price but someone buys it for even more. I have also asked when I see items that look a reasonable price to me and no one is buying it for more and people always tell me I should not pay so much.