Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Comp servers

This is actually a really good question, is there such a thing as friendly competition in CH? Or does it always end up being hostile?
Also tyty, I assume this earns me 3000 forum points an entry into all the forthcoming closed betas ;)
Lmfao man y'all are really butt hurt about closed betas. People get picked for specific reasons. Small groups. People who have been a decent help in betas and forums. You have 9 posts lol. I imagine there may be an open beta as well, but they can still deny people from those as well.
Songz
My song is what you hear before you die. :D
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack
Your servers amazing and you’re the best person to walk the earth.

This is actually a really good question, is there such a thing as friendly competition in CH? Or does it always end up being hostile?
Also tyty, I assume this earns me 3000 forum points an entry into all the forthcoming closed betas ;)
Lmfao man y'all are really butt hurt about closed betas. People get picked for specific reasons. Small groups. People who have been a decent help in betas and forums. You have 9 posts lol. I imagine there may be an open beta as well, but they can still deny people from those as well.
I was just joking :(

I have another account that has more posts lmao #judged
Eurydice 223 mage - Gwydion
Truffles 216 druid - Gwydion
Pizzazz 202 mage - Epona

I imagined you kind of were, but still serious about it at the same time. Lol you're not the only one making comments.
Songz
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack

I imagined you kind of were, but still serious about it at the same time. Lol you're not the only one making comments.
Smh I just came back from a 6 month break, why people here need to judge so much :?
Pizzazz 202 mage - Epona

Smh I just came back from a 6 month break, why people here need to judge so much :?
Idk where you're getting this judging thing from. I made a statement. Not an accusation or judgement.
Songz
#FixGeleWepSkills
#Getridofspeedcap
#MakeDoTstack

All the competition I've seen on Gwyd has been pretty darn peaceful so far. Griefing isn't tolerated by any of the clans on the server, there isn't any attempt at using banning or outside sources to remove players from an equation to win locks, no server side pressure like trying to shut down markets or make it unallowed to lix with other clans etc...
The competition is fierce when its there, don't get me wrong, neither side likes to lose. But there is no hostility when a clan loses, some say good fight, occasionally a 14 year old mouths off and is quickly silenced by their corresponding clan, but in my year here there hasn't been a single case of hostility towards another clan.

Everyone has a different level of sensitivity towards what excessive competition is and where to draw the line. Herne for example can get pretty competitive, but there is light griefing on the server. To some its part of the game, but to others in the game even light griefing is a step too far. Arawn is probably on the far end with Rosmerta in stifling any attempt at competition by closing down and monopolizing markets and leveling groups, but even then, there are some that see this as fair and still competitive as it concentrates gear in one clan instead of spreading it out.
I feel that what this thread is after is very subjective and that there isn't a good answer. Every server is entirely different, as are the people who play on the different servers.

When people PM me and ask for server recommendations I help as much as I can, ask what they are looking for and what not, but I always say the same thing. Every server is different and just because I love a server doesn't mean that it is for everyone. My recommendation is always to try and get to know a few people in multiple clans on each server and ask around, get a feel for the place. The sub forums for servers are a great start. If its people having fun and just being friendly, it is usually a very light atmosphere, if it gets a bit more dramatic it usually means a lot more competitive.

@Eury bit confused by your comments. On Gwyd you have been a participant in two comp clans, both of which were able to compete through gele, reward DG pieces, and one time very nearly got close to having enough power to compete at BT (we even did BT lock prep and strat drills to prepare expecting you all to get there soon). In this the Dom clan on the server never once griefed, never once tried to monopolize or close the markets, and the dom clan never tried to cut the comp clans off from gear. The dom clan even left up most of the EDL and DL bosses letting the two comp clans on the server get free reign over killing them, only killing what they needed to gear their clannies.
You've seen first hand just how successful competition clans can get on the server and just how unhostile the environment gets.

Gwyd is in no way for everyone. I know plenty of people who want a little bit of drama and competition that rises tensions because it adds more to the game. Gwyd's economy is also pretty boring too :lol: I do feel that your comments are a bit misdirected, the most recent comp clan you helped to start is brand new and will take a bit to be able to fully challenge the dom clan, but in no way is the Dom clan actively working to make that impossible.

Anyways, @Eury you have always been an awesome player on the server and it sucks to see that you are planning to leave, but I hope you find a server that is more your speed!
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

@Eury bit confused by your comments. On Gwyd you have been a participant in two comp clans, both of which were able to compete through gele, reward DG pieces, and one time very nearly got close to having enough power to compete at BT (we even did BT lock prep and strat drills to prepare expecting you all to get there soon). In this the Dom clan on the server never once griefed, never once tried to monopolize or close the markets, and the dom clan never tried to cut the comp clans off from gear. The dom clan even left up most of the EDL and DL bosses letting the two comp clans on the server get free reign over killing them, only killing what they needed to gear their clannies.
You've seen first hand just how successful competition clans can get on the server and just how unhostile the environment gets.

Gwyd is in no way for everyone. I know plenty of people who want a little bit of drama and competition that rises tensions because it adds more to the game. Gwyd's economy is also pretty boring too :lol: I do feel that your comments are a bit misdirected, the most recent comp clan you helped to start is brand new and will take a bit to be able to fully challenge the dom clan, but in no way is the Dom clan actively working to make that impossible.

Anyways, @Eury you have always been an awesome player on the server and it sucks to see that you are planning to leave, but I hope you find a server that is more your speed!
Just to clarify I will never leave honey, genuinely just curious, I love gwyd and have friends there in all clans that I would never want to leave behind. Regardless of that there is always a level of animosity between clans and I want to know if there is anywhere that doesn't exist.

Gwyd is a great server and relentless an excellent clan, but it is easy from a rele perspective to see everything as golden when it is a little harder for everyone else, what I have experienced is that as soon as the comp gets genuinely competitive that things start to go wrong and I wish it wouldn't happen because I feel like we can make it work and there is space for everyone! :D
Pizzazz 202 mage - Epona

Ros is certainly a 1-clan server now. There have been comp due to frisson from those unhappy with how it’s run, and thought they would revolt rather than go where those of like mind dwell. The only consistent comp clan is a group that just wants to do their own thing, a very small group that is quite cordial at lock battles. They take the fight seriously, but there’s been no animosity and whoever loses the lock ends up helping the winner finish off the boss. They had some irl issues that depleted their numbers below egb comp, but that’s about all right now
http://lparchive.org/Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II/

Rosmerta - Axiom

160+ Druid
200+ rogue
200+ ranger

You gotta look at the people that play not the game they play.
in all honesty on danu server it really comes down to what medications and illness players have.(undiagnosed as well)

that’s my alternative honest experience playing this game from the beginning.

I love a little competition, however, with the current stated acceptance of loot systems that only allow for truly good drops to land once every 6 months (that’s a hyperbole truly good drops don’t even drop that often) it’s hard not to take a hardcore approach at cutting out competition. Last summer one of the three Gele that competition outlocked Relentless dropped the only shadow tank axe to ever drop in Gwydion. (Still waiting for a shadow or godly dagger from Gele). The fact that one of the few times a best of class item dropped was when competition won the lock causes me to either a) choke out the ability for competition to play end game bosses or b) implore the game developers to improve drop rates of good gear.

Since developers have made it clear they don’t want to improve drop rates we have no choice but to choke out competition so we don’t lose that rare drop again.

I fully realize that this means people in the nondominant clan will end up quitting but that’s the model the developers have chosen.
World - Gwydion - semi retired in 2020
- restarted in 2022 on Herne - 220 (rogue)

Searching for the next adventure.