Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Question to admins about Beta

I’d like to know how many people in closed beta are 220+. And why people under 220 were chosen since the new boss will be 220 and that will presumably be the jewel in the crown of the update. I appreciate the efforts VR are making to get us new and different content but the closed beta selection seems to be who talks a lot on the forum regardless of level, raid experience, closed beta experience or even how much they actually play.

The Closed beta crew for Gardens were brilliant.. invested in the best possible update, really active in the beta and able to make great suggestions based on their in-depth experience of the game at all levels. The reason being those people applied and had to explain what they could offer, their level etc and availability before being accepted.
I'd say the beta for cg was a massive failure. We still have bugs from that update. Imo the best thing vr could do was tell all the old beta testers thanks but no thanks
Pretty wrong tbh, theres only a couple of bugs in the current update from what ive seen on ios, if youre talking about android then thats not really of any interest to me, Also telling every old beta tester that they shouldnt be included in future beta tests is pretty dumb and eith you saying that it sounds like youre a 2016+ player lacking experience and knowledge about the game and how beta tests work.
Rogue - Mecki Level 226
Rogue - Creativity Level 210
Warrior - Private Level 215
Ranger - Level 180+
Worlds - Mabon, Epona and rhiannon

I believe that what VR did was an amazing decision. Sure, it’s unfair for some people but I been a beta tester since early 2012 and been in all major areas that came out. Closed beta is far more different than open. That’s why I hate the idea of open beta because it makes you feel like you just playing the same game. Last beta was horrible as pointed out because everyone was just opening chests instead of testing. Sadly a lot of people join for the experience instead of actual help and improvement to the game. But we all don’t have to agree on this. It was a smart thing to do by VR because a lot of big games keep it closed off from the public until the release because selecting people often lead to leaks.

And leaks unfortunately happen here

That’s the one thing I have against closed beta, there’s always idiots that somehow get in and decide to leak things despite being told not to do so
Zkills, Proud general of the beloved KodiakReavers of Belenus, the G.O.A.T clan

Professor/Detective Zkills, op mage of Epona, chieftain of KodiakReavers. Server banned for doing PvP in arena.

Can you do the impossible?
Celtic Heroes Ultimate Challenge

I’d like to know how many people in closed beta are 220+. And why people under 220 were chosen since the new boss will be 220 and that will presumably be the jewel in the crown of the update. I appreciate the efforts VR are making to get us new and different content but the closed beta selection seems to be who talks a lot on the forum regardless of level, raid experience, closed beta experience or even how much they actually play.

The Closed beta crew for Gardens were brilliant.. invested in the best possible update, really active in the beta and able to make great suggestions based on their in-depth experience of the game at all levels. The reason being those people applied and had to explain what they could offer, their level etc and availability before being accepted.
I'd say the beta for cg was a massive failure. We still have bugs from that update. Imo the best thing vr could do was tell all the old beta testers thanks but no thanks
Pretty wrong tbh, theres only a couple of bugs in the current update from what ive seen on ios, if youre talking about android then thats not really of any interest to me, Also telling every old beta tester that they shouldnt be included in future beta tests is pretty dumb and eith you saying that it sounds like youre a 2016+ player lacking experience and knowledge about the game and how beta tests work.
It's not just about you and your iphone so very important in my eyes. I'm prolly higher lvl than you too and have what i consider a pretty strong grasp of the game. You guys did a great job of testing those chests though!

It's not just about you and your iphone so very important in my eyes. I'm prolly higher lvl than you too and have what i consider a pretty strong grasp of the game. You guys did a great job of testing those chests though!
The last beta I was apart of was the Arcane beta so you cant exactly class me as one of those chest testers lol, Ive been around since the game started in 2011 and have been a part of multiple beta tests both closed and open, I use the tests to get a grasp on the new content both to help the developers find bugs and also to help my clan with boss stratergies. As ive played on a lot of servers over the years I know most of the end game rogues whether its on Epona, Rhiannon, Arawn etc so I already know whats going to be in the next update, how the boss looks, what the boss drops, what pets are coming up, what areas, changes to pvp sides but although ive been told itll be for me to keep quiet.
Rogue - Mecki Level 226
Ranger - Level 180+

I believe that what VR did was an amazing decision. Sure, it’s unfair for some people but I been a beta tester since early 2012 and been in all major areas that came out. Closed beta is far more different than open. That’s why I hate the idea of open beta because it makes you feel like you just playing the same game. Last beta was horrible as pointed out because everyone was just opening chests instead of testing. Sadly a lot of people join for the experience instead of actual help and improvement to the game. But we all don’t have to agree on this. It was a smart thing to do by VR because a lot of big games keep it closed off from the public until the release because selecting people often lead to leaks.
Every beta test done will have leaks no matter who they choose, if I know someone in a beta test no matter the world I can gain that information quickly as I know the stats and gear which will be dropped from the new "celestial" type boss, also I wouldnt call it an amazing decision, theyre going with people that are active on the forums and are high ranked on the forums along with those they know/have talked to in game and know on line etc and from how you are speaking im sure youre in the closed beta which is why youre calling it an "amazing decision" just an extra biased comment. I can agree that some people join for the experience but there are also people who join to contribute and put in the effort, dont see why they should get screwed over bc of the others that did nothing in the last beta as im sure theres some people in the current beta who arent putting in the work also.
Rogue - Mecki Level 226
Ranger - Level 180+

Wait did you really took my reply? :D

ahh I just noticed since I got Meck's notification. Should not have happened :lol:
New to Forums? | Forum Rules and Guidelines | CH Support | Questions/Concerns/Opinions?

ahh I just noticed since I got Meck's notification. Should not have happened :lol:
(hugs) hehe no worries. I thought I was tripping.

Every beta test done will have leaks no matter who they choose, if I know someone in a beta test no matter the world I can gain that information quickly as I know the stats and gear which will be dropped from the new "celestial" type boss, also I wouldnt call it an amazing decision, theyre going with people that are active on the forums and are high ranked on the forums along with those they know/have talked to in game and know on line etc and from how you are speaking im sure youre in the closed beta which is why youre calling it an "amazing decision" just an extra biased comment. I can agree that some people join for the experience but there are also people who join to contribute and put in the effort, dont see why they should get screwed over bc of the others that did nothing in the last beta as im sure theres some people in the current beta who arent putting in the work also.
Actually I am not in the current beta. I used to be in all betas whenever OTM was ruling the Lands. But whenever OTM clan was damaged I kinda dropped my weopons and focused on life because of the type of connection I had with them. While I sure been in all the betas Since VR took over I can promise that no I am not in the current closed beta. I just believe that we as players shouldn’t be telling a company how to do their job because we don’t see the long term vision of the game. We only see what they tell us and in this case what someone told you guys whenever they shouldn’t have. Cheers,