Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Where are all the elixirs?

Hello Programmers,

I have a complaint to make that is so serious I am about to rupture a vein, get the needles ready anyone that needs a blood donation.

But seriously, where are all the darn elixirs? A year ago there were loads of elixirs being sold at decent prices, all of a sudden the Fingal server has an elixir famine so disastrous that I feel like the equivalent of a starving child from that country I shan't name in case anyone thinks its racist.

But... WHERE ARE ALL THE ELIXIRS AND RESTORATION POTIONS???? GAME IS BECOMING CRAP because no one can find elixirs. Who must we kill to save some clannies who are lying dead in Gelebron quarters for ten minutes?

Chests used to give tons of elixirs, and other nice goodies.

These days chests give almost no restos, no elixirs, well, almost none, about as much consumables as my grandad can suck in a minute. And old grandpappa is slow.

People have stopped buying chests because chest prizes are useless.

Do you think you can at the very least drop the price of elixirs brought with platinum to 5 elixirs per plat? Or 50 restos per 10 plat? No? Why not? We're only gonna greed them up in a day and buy more for the sake of a video game.

By the way, when you respond to me, please write your response on the back of a crate of attack lixes sent to my toon.

Poor chap is dehydrated from lack to consumables.

Re: Where are all the elixirs?

+1 to this, i have not found 1 person selling hastes or restos in many weeks, and i am on frequently, nothing in auction house, why? No one is buying chests. When people do buy chests, they charge a premium because they can sell for a premium price because well.. no one is buying chests.. seeing when I get $100 in plat/chests, i get 2 crates of hastes or less.. thats a turnoff, so i understand the problem. The question is what can be done to fix it? Well hopefully soon new chests with promote buyers to buy but for now it is a real shame, the only way to get heroic hastes is through chests.. I wont even start on mount tokens, how a low level player is expected to spend 80k to get 1 mount token blows my mind, im glad i got my mount when they were 35k ea, imagining starting out the game and wanting a mount but they were so rare you had to pay 80 to 100k, those numbers dont work chief

It’s an unfortunate cycle. People don’t buy chests because they don’t like the drops, then get upset about a lack of chest drops in the server.

It worked out in the past because people kept buying chests even when they weren’t getting what they wanted...then because they’d have so many things, they’d resell cheaply to make some gold up, and the market was flooded with plat items. These days, players may only buy a small number of chests, and either sell for a premium or use the chests themselves, usually keeping anything good for themselves instead of reselling.

Honestly, I’m not sure if there’s a way for VR to fix this issue. Even if they were to buff the drop rates of “good” things like combos, hastest, tokens, etc, people would just hoard the items and upsell to players that don’t buy plat. Really the only way to go back closer to how it used to be would be to have an enourmous number of players buying loads of plat and chests and kickstarting the market. Alternatively, if there were new things added to the chests in this upcoming event, it’s possible there will be a chest purchase boost, and some more things may trickle into the game. If more people are selling things, then it also causes prices to start dropping slowly. It’s a lot harder to try and sell super combos for 14k ea if there are 3 other people who need some gold and would take 10k-11k for them.

Anyways. I think you answered your own question. The reason there aren’t many chest items floating around the server is because not many people are buying chests. It’s pretty straightforward.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

It's the same on balor, we've seen a huge drop in activity, almost nobody logs on anymore. If you do happen to run across lixes they're going for 5-8k each. Seen 100 chests in ah for 6.5m. Seems our average price for chests have been around 75k each if anyone sells, from what I've seen and heard most our server has quit and went to epona, rosemerta, or taranis. Heck I'm pretty sure our server has yet to make an attempt on BT, if so not a serious one, we can't even kill gelebron and necro is a pain to even down.

Honestly don't see our server bouncing back even with an update coming, especially if most people have moved on. To much time between updates and a bunch of nonsense in chests you can't even give away.

Lol so if you wanna join balor there's like no competition anywhere, snorri raged on us yesterday, so feel free to come join a server that still has plenty of gear no one has lol

Edit: also get rid of the auction house, worse thing to come into game ever, I'd rather people shout selling this and that, than seeing those eyesore overpriced items everyday, because someone else is selling it for that.

It depends on the world and economic situation.

I'm having the opposite problem, I have too many plat items and people can't afford them.

The main problem to look at is the merchants in your world, and the plat buyers, and how/if they interact. If a world has a centralized chest salesmen(like me), who rations things out, you may have higher prices, but you'll have plat items whenever you need them. You should also look into buying alot of plat items when they are cheap, which is what I do for selling, but what other people should do for usage as well.
Attachments
lugh.jpg
lugh.jpg (234.83 KiB) Viewed 3380 times
World - Lugh
Furyion - 192 Ice Mage
Stonelord - 100 PvP Warrior
Lavalord - 60 PvP Warrior
Keepin' it old school.
Do you like Celtic Heroes? Join the Official Unofficial Discord today!
https://discord.gg/mPHnzmr

I sincerely hope VR listens to the chest feedback with the next update. As with anything, to sell a lot of something it needs to be either something people want, or something people need.

At present, chests include things people don’t want (plethora of demon jester and oni fash and fash tokens) and not enough of the things they need (restos lix Mount tokens). Where is the incentive to buy chests?

I’m fortunate enough to not have to deal with greedy merchants or the AH and have never bought lix of any type from other players. If I was having to scrape round farming gold to afford to pay the overinflated prices just to get items that are necessary to play at endgame (like haste) I probably wouldn’t play the game anymore tbh.
MrsDredd - 223 Rogue
Penny Dreadful - 220 Tank Warrior
NurseDredd - 220 Druid
DreadOnFire - 220 Fire Mage
Dreadshot - 220 Ranger
Dreadlocks - 190 Locker

Pegasus, Lugh
Celtic Heroes noob since September 2017

It's the same on balor, we've seen a huge drop in activity, almost nobody logs on anymore. If you do happen to run across lixes they're going for 5-8k each. Seen 100 chests in ah for 6.5m. Seems our average price for chests have been around 75k each if anyone sells, from what I've seen and heard most our server has quit and went to epona, rosemerta, or taranis. Heck I'm pretty sure our server has yet to make an attempt on BT, if so not a serious one, we can't even kill gelebron and necro is a pain to even down.

Honestly don't see our server bouncing back even with an update coming, especially if most people have moved on. To much time between updates and a bunch of nonsense in chests you can't even give away.

Lol so if you wanna join balor there's like no competition anywhere, snorri raged on us yesterday, so feel free to come join a server that still has plenty of gear no one has lol

Edit: also get rid of the auction house, worse thing to come into game ever, I'd rather people shout selling this and that, than seeing those eyesore overpriced items everyday, because someone else is selling it for that.

I dont disagree about the lix prices but you are wrong about Balor.

GELE is killed 2 times each week, Proteus-Mord-Necro is killed at spawn and we got BT down to 10% 2 wks ago.

Reg lix prices, wonder if in the past OTM/VR had players who were selling lixes at normal pirces?
Otherwise its obvious that the game needs update soon, more bosses and chests that offer some reward (not fashion or fashion tokens).

Issue is after all the years they keep adding more stuff. At first it was only elixers restos and fashion and a rare mount now its mount and pet tokens, fash tokens, etc. I would get about 20 crates from a 100 chest purchase in the past but now that they junked up the loot table its hard to get a lot of one thing.

What they should do is have two different chest types. One with all the extra crap in it and one like the old days. Just mounts, fashion, and elixers and pots.

They need to seriously adjust chests, remove all fashion and put anything new in token vendor so we actually have a use for them tokens. Just remove all old aeon stuff or put it in separate aeon chest for those with the sole intention of finishing sets. And bring back the times when lixes where rife in chests and rarest thing were rides, albeit now the rarest thing would be eggs.
World - Danu
Rogue - YEHOVA 221
Ranger - Raza 221
Mage - Salamander 220
Warrior - Razza 220
Druid - Docta 200
Rogue - Razzzza 190
Warrior - Farrah 202

World - sulis
Druid - Razzaa 172

World - Lir
Warrior - Maggot 180

Lix alount isnt based on OTM/Vr becuz i open chests kinda frequently and i almost always get all the lixes, minus hero xps and combos. The only problem is lack of chests being bought. Thats it.
Arawn- Invicta
SlyShadows - 220 Tank Warrior (Retired, Arawn)
Animosity - 217 Ranger (Retired, Arawn)
Noctum - 215 Fire Mage
Acrimony - 190 Lock Rogue

Proud Tank of Arawn