Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why does the game never advertise?

I've never actually come across an ad for CH in Facebook or YouTube. I've seen MANY other games, but not CH.

Still, mmo's are generally a very specific audience. The best advertising is going to come from the players. Do you tell others about the game? Have you given it a rating in the AppStore? Are you saying the population is dwindling because of a lack of advertising while at the same time constantly complaining (turning others off of the game)?

A players endorsement can be much more effective than trailer.
Michael Artisan - Warrior, Blake Artisan - Rogue, Ren Artisan - Ranger, Gabriel Artisan - Mage, Yaray (until VR let's me add Artisan to the name) - Druid

Guardian Deity of Danu

Buying White Lanrik Pants on Danu!!!!

Where would I have to be to just so happen to come across that sure you made a trailer where where do you distribute it to besides youtube
Facebook. You can see the trailer if you go to their page and scroll through a couple of posts.
Being realistic, Facebook is a decent way to start advertising along with youtube but the simple facts are that youtube wont cut it, for starters to get your intro out there you need a good following for your intro to the game to show up on trending pages or even being able to find it randomly unless typing in the worlds celtic heroes, when it comes to facebook that site isnt as big as it once was, id be pretty confident in saying more adults use facebook these days over the younger generation, if they wanted to use a social media platform to advertise on then use something like twitter or instagram, the majority of the younger generation are using instagram these days. On top of that advertise on the TV, that being the most obvious way to promote something, they may say itll be costly but in the end isnt that the point? You spend the money to promote the company in an attempt to profit off the people seeing the ads, other means being advertise on the app store, use the free offers as a means of advertising also, ppl earning ingame currency on other games they play by clicking on the ch offer and completing the tasks, most may find the game fun and continue playing its simple
Facebook is still one of the top advertising platforms. Instagram would work but they also have to think about their target market. Although ch is a game from what I’ve seen/experienced at least a lot of adults play it and Facebook is probably the best way to reach out to them. T.V ads nowadays are also not as profitable as YouTube ads. social media platforms and YouTube in particular are one of the best places to advertise things. And with a small team (compared to other games and such) a t.v ad might not be as popular. With those u also have to think about the region u want it in and the ch player base is spread out across the world tbh.
All chicken we're created equal
U disrespect chicken I disrespect u

Lightchamp
- chieftain of lazy drunks
- 223 Dg ranger

._.

Just because you don’t see the ads doesn’t mean they don’t advertise. I’m sure they’ve done plenty. Even if they hven’t they have enough of a playerbase that word of mouth might grab certain new players.
★ℚʊɛɛɳ øƒ Ғɑṩɧɪøɳ
iOS Player since 2011
Name: Killerado
World: Morrigan
I'm a Forums Guide, if you need help feel free to PM me
Rainbow Color
ケルトの戦士 (Keruto no senshi, Celtic Warriors)
Esquilax is the best!

I saw the game purely by accident on an app called (apps gone free) although it is a an app that shows apps that go free for a limited time it also has a section that daily changes. In this section it will show what they feel are the top top games or apps in certain genres.

It just happen to be this style game on the day I was flicking through.

I had played things like RuneScape before years aback and instantly was interested.

I really do feel that it should be advertised somewhere and more often, the game is reward worthy and very good graphically and ad overall.

If you have seen it advertised please pray tell where you have seen this as I have yet to see anything about it on any thing other than a list of rpgs and that was just once.
MageM220+
WarriorW220+
RangerR220+
DruidD150+
RogueR 190 +

Just because you don’t see the ads doesn’t mean they don’t advertise. I’m sure they’ve done plenty. Even if they hven’t they have enough of a playerbase that word of mouth might grab certain new players.
Cant really agree, theres not much of a playerbase with most top clans getting between 30-70ppl for bosses, for a 8 year old game id expect more people, a lot quitting in the past due to lack of content, this game could have been a lot more popular with better advertising like a lot of other games out there
Rogue - Mecki Level 226
Rogue - Creativity Level 210
Warrior - Private Level 215
Ranger - Level 180+
Worlds - Mabon, Epona and rhiannon

Game Needs to be Advertised!

I have been playing this game for about six years now and never have I seen a single commercial or advertisement of this game ANYWHERE on the internet. I believe this is a major flaw of this game. If you want to make profit of a product you want to sell, you need to make advertisements so that you can get customers. I don't know much about other servers, but in Rhiannon, the rate of new players joining each month is very low. The game doesn't appeal equally to everyone and so many players quit. Many also quit because of life, work, stress, etc. But to fill the void new players are needed and I am pretty sure most mobile gamers do not know about this game because there hasn't been any ads in years. Even start-up 2 star games leave an advertisement surfing around Facebook or Instagram these days. Some post ads even on YouTube. I am pretty sure CH is in a much better position and more appealing than those 2-star games. Therefore, I believe the game needs to be advertised; at least to keep it running. Also, I want to mention that it is hard to advertise this game in a personal level because no one has heard of the game ever. For example if I was talking to my buddy about something like CoC, he'd be like, "Ah yes, that game. I've seen the ad on YouTube and the game-play looked interesting. I might try it out." When talking about CH, conversation goes like, "Never heard of it. Sounds dumb." Then most probably you will have to log in and show him the game and then he might be convinced or not (because ads and trailers can make games more appealing). I have had this experience before and so I am just sharing it. I don't know for sure if there has been ads about this game in the past but I haven't seen anything in all these years, and I can confidently say that I surf the internet a lot. So, my request and suggestion to the admins, please advertise the game more to increase players and fan-base. Peace!
Level 225 Warrior
Rhiannon
InnerCircle

Re: Game Needs to be Advertised!

See this post for a nice long discussion on this topic.

I'll tl'dr it for ya: VR does currently advertise for the game, just because you and other players don't see it, doesn't mean that they don't do it.

Also keep in mind that:
1. There are a lot of people on social media, and CH players (and non-players you know) are a microscopic percentage of the possible audience...Also keep in mind that FB and YT probably won't target someone who is already following the game on the various platforms.
2. CH may not even be able to handle a massive advertising campaign...yes a lot of servers have low populations at the moment, but a large influx of players would likely make the game even harder and more frustrating than it currently is (imagine being a new player trying to get geared and level alongside another 10-15 people in your class).
3. Those massive advertising campaigns are very expensive. Obviously big name companies and games like Marvel and Supercell (not sure which CoC you are talking about) can easily cover the costs of advertising their product, but VR is a much smaller company, with a much smaller game (plus it's really their only game...from what I've heard, Heroes Age still has a pretty small community). I doubt they are making enough from CH to be able to justify spending a huge amount of money on advertising.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Game Needs to be Advertised!

See this post for a nice long discussion on this topic.

I'll tl'dr it for ya: VR does currently advertise for the game, just because you and other players don't see it, doesn't mean that they don't do it.

Also keep in mind that:
1. There are a lot of people on social media, and CH players (and non-players you know) are a microscopic percentage of the possible audience...Also keep in mind that FB and YT probably won't target someone who is already following the game on the various platforms.
2. CH may not even be able to handle a massive advertising campaign...yes a lot of servers have low populations at the moment, but a large influx of players would likely make the game even harder and more frustrating than it currently is (imagine being a new player trying to get geared and level alongside another 10-15 people in your class).
3. Those massive advertising campaigns are very expensive. Obviously big name companies and games like Marvel and Supercell (not sure which CoC you are talking about) can easily cover the costs of advertising their product, but VR is a much smaller company, with a much smaller game (plus it's really their only game...from what I've heard, Heroes Age still has a pretty small community). I doubt they are making enough from CH to be able to justify spending a huge amount of money on advertising.
I read some of the comments on the post you mentioned. The common complaint is the same as I have. They do make new trailers and videos and share them in their FB page. But that's not really advertising. As some people mentioned, these videos and trailers need to be published through some outlets where they will jump out at people. No one would go out of their way and search up "Celtic Heroes Ads" on Google or the internet. Ads need to jump out at people. That's what my point is. Now. I agree that ad campaigns can be expensive. But some spending could generate more income too. All I'm saying is, the game needs to be more visible to the world and not just to its existing fan-base.
Level 225 Warrior
Rhiannon
InnerCircle