Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Why does the game never advertise?

Lol its funny when you see rangers with edl quivers 'charging' into dust wither and starter armour toons killing more in a group of 3. lmao like CH embrace the game you made and provide.realistic trailers haha.
JDDT lvl 216 ranger
Rogue10 lvl 100+ rogue

----------
Epona
----------

Evil Clowns are always laughing, haha.

Where would I have to be to just so happen to come across that sure you made a trailer where where do you distribute it to besides youtube
Facebook. You can see the trailer if you go to their page and scroll through a couple of posts.
Being realistic, Facebook is a decent way to start advertising along with youtube but the simple facts are that youtube wont cut it, for starters to get your intro out there you need a good following for your intro to the game to show up on trending pages or even being able to find it randomly unless typing in the worlds celtic heroes, when it comes to facebook that site isnt as big as it once was, id be pretty confident in saying more adults use facebook these days over the younger generation, if they wanted to use a social media platform to advertise on then use something like twitter or instagram, the majority of the younger generation are using instagram these days. On top of that advertise on the TV, that being the most obvious way to promote something, they may say itll be costly but in the end isnt that the point? You spend the money to promote the company in an attempt to profit off the people seeing the ads, other means being advertise on the app store, use the free offers as a means of advertising also, ppl earning ingame currency on other games they play by clicking on the ch offer and completing the tasks, most may find the game fun and continue playing its simple
Rogue - Mecki Level 226
Rogue - Creativity Level 210
Warrior - Private Level 215
Ranger - Level 180+
Worlds - Mabon, Epona and rhiannon

Being realistic, Facebook is a decent way to start advertising along with youtube but the simple facts are that youtube wont cut it, for starters to get your intro out there you need a good following for your intro to the game to show up on trending pages or even being able to find it randomly unless typing in the worlds celtic heroes, when it comes to facebook that site isnt as big as it once was, id be pretty confident in saying more adults use facebook these days over the younger generation, if they wanted to use a social media platform to advertise on then use something like twitter or instagram, the majority of the younger generation are using instagram these days. On top of that advertise on the TV, that being the most obvious way to promote something, they may say itll be costly but in the end isnt that the point? You spend the money to promote the company in an attempt to profit off the people seeing the ads, other means being advertise on the app store, use the free offers as a means of advertising also, ppl earning ingame currency on other games they play by clicking on the ch offer and completing the tasks, most may find the game fun and continue playing its simple
You're missing how advertising on these platforms works, we're not talking about just having a page on YouTube/Facebook etc. doing targeted advertising with the likes of Facebook and Google results in your ads being placed to appropriate viewers on all of the platforms they own which includes things like Instagram and YouTube. TV advertising however just isn't realistic.
I'm not a shortcut to support, don't expect a reply to PMs asking about support issues.

I'm with the other guys, this game needs to advertise more. You can't possibly sit there and tell me A. Having a trailer that many daily players havnt even seen or know about on your facebook is "advertising" B. That you need a 30 million dollar budget like google/amazon.

You have a top notch quality game on mobile, so good in fact with the right UI for computer could just as easily be a computer game with the graphics and game play.

There are many ways small companies/games can advertise and we just dont see it. More people means more chests for servers, lowering plat prices, more competition for many servers that are dom. Also more money from the companies to put into development. Ideas that come to mind just in the few minutes I have taken to write this are:
1. Sponser a youtuber to promote the game on youtube
2. Look at twitch streamers to stream live action of this game
3. Look at gaming websites to write reviews

I'm sure if yall actually think on this, there are many other ways you can sponser your game. Do yall not "advertise" for other games through free plat deals? You cant spend the money you make to do the same somewhere else? I hope yall reconsider other avenues

Unless some of you players have actually worked with setting up and planning an ad campaign, be careful what you say that VR can or should do. I personally have not set up an ad campaign yet myself, so I don't want to comment on why they should do it...I don't know what kind of effort and money it takes to do that. I'm happy trusting that VR is doing what they think is best for the game.

Also, something to keep in mind is whether or not the game could actually handle a large influx of players. CH takes a pretty long time to get decent gear, that's a constant complaint over the years..."increase the drop rates, the drop rates suck" etc. Imagine if there was another 20-30 more endgame players all wanting the same gear. Even not counting endgame boss loot...leveling gets tricky if there are more than 1-2 groups leveling in a mob range at the same time, more players means more confusion and upset players over KSing on lix. Armor bosses will also have a lot more competition, which some people think is good, but also means that overall armor gearing would slow down too.

These are great ideas...for a non-MMO. I'd think it would be harder to promote an MMO because they target a rather specific type of gamer. It also takes weeks to get a good feel for the game...if some gaming website were to play for a couple hours, sure they could write a review of the early-game content, but it won't be a very accurate review...the first 50 levels aren't really indicative of the game as a whole...the content is way better in early-game :lol: . Most game reviewers wouldn't want to put in the 50-100+ hours it would take to get close to endgame for an accurate review.

As for streamers, some of the player base has proved that good content can be pulled from the game, and while I used to think that CH would not make for very good live streaming...some streamers can make anything interesting. However, it could be hard to find a streamer who is willing to put dozens and dozens of hours into an MMO, especially a mobile one.

Also, the fact that players aren't seeing ads could just mean that the ad targeting is working. Why target people who are already playing the game? If you already like CH's FB page, FB doesn't need to show you ads for CH...you are already familiar with it. If Google tracks you visiting the CH website/forums every few days or every other week, it may not show you ads for CH across other websites or YouTube...you already know what CH is! Never underestimate just how much the internet knows about you.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Unless some of you players have actually worked with setting up and planning an ad campaign, be careful what you say that VR can or should do. I personally have not set up an ad campaign yet myself, so I don't want to comment on why they should do it...I don't know what kind of effort and money it takes to do that. I'm happy trusting that VR is doing what they think is best for the game.

Also, something to keep in mind is whether or not the game could actually handle a large influx of players. CH takes a pretty long time to get decent gear, that's a constant complaint over the years..."increase the drop rates, the drop rates suck" etc. Imagine if there was another 20-30 more endgame players all wanting the same gear. Even not counting endgame boss loot...leveling gets tricky if there are more than 1-2 groups leveling in a mob range at the same time, more players means more confusion and upset players over KSing on lix. Armor bosses will also have a lot more competition, which some people think is good, but also means that overall armor gearing would slow down too.

These are great ideas...for a non-MMO. I'd think it would be harder to promote an MMO because they target a rather specific type of gamer. It also takes weeks to get a good feel for the game...if some gaming website were to play for a couple hours, sure they could write a review of the early-game content, but it won't be a very accurate review...the first 50 levels aren't really indicative of the game as a whole...the content is way better in early-game :lol: . Most game reviewers wouldn't want to put in the 50-100+ hours it would take to get close to endgame for an accurate review.

As for streamers, some of the player base has proved that good content can be pulled from the game, and while I used to think that CH would not make for very good live streaming...some streamers can make anything interesting. However, it could be hard to find a streamer who is willing to put dozens and dozens of hours into an MMO, especially a mobile one.

Also, the fact that players aren't seeing ads could just mean that the ad targeting is working. Why target people who are already playing the game? If you already like CH's FB page, FB doesn't need to show you ads for CH...you are already familiar with it. If Google tracks you visiting the CH website/forums every few days or every other week, it may not show you ads for CH across other websites or YouTube...you already know what CH is! Never underestimate just how much the internet knows about you.
I completely disagree, gamers have been saying CH needs to advertise for years. Ask all your friends how they found out about this game, most just "stumbled upon it" or had a "friend get them into it." "Be careful what we say or do in regards to suggestions?" Is VR Big brother now and going to come ban me for suggesting they should advterise? :lol: I'm not saying they need a new ad campaign the size apple/google/amazon does when a new hit product comes out. Even small steps are better than nothing. I have played enough mobile games to know there are ways in which to advertise without breaking the bank. Also keep in mind that we say "VR" now and not "OTM" because something in their business model they were doing wasnt working, so let's not repeat that same thing happening.

Easy way to handle more players, more servers. Some popular servers have those problems, but you also have other servers struggling to kill prot on spawn, gele, or even touch BT. Again, small advertising isnt going to multiply the gamer base ten fold, many players who play this game dont even get end game, but still buy chests mid game.

Also, if streamers making thousands and thousands of dollars streaming runescape a way more boring mmo to watch someone play than taking a boss (Watching a big boss kill is a lot more fun then watching someone grind levels on runescape) They can stream CH. It's the streamer that makes the channel not the game.

Also find your statement for a "Non-mmo" false, what better way to advertise than other targeted mmo players?

Imho, I don’t think it would be all that bad for there to be a little bit more advertising. I personally just stumbled on it and wished I had heard about it earlier. But I think Eragon’s point hits the target dead center.

Ultimately, VR is the authority in the matter. It’s our responsibility as players is to make suggestions for the good of the game, but VR gets the final say and we need to accept that.
Angmar Reid—Herne—169 Warrior
RagingRedhead—Danu—186 Warrior (currently more active)
I don’t rage quit, I ginger snap.

I find One Thumb Mobile/Virtual Realms to be awful at selling their product so I tried to find logical explanations.
- VR seems from the outside like a small ship management. There are many advantages to be able to sail a small boat and the ship's captain is content with it.
- Their team is composed of programmers and artists. It lacks a marketer with a helicopter view. Someone with a sales, audit, digital marketing or recent business school background. Recently, VR tries to hire a monetization, analytic, kpi game designer. This way of thinking is fit to expand the current sales and if he is adaptive, creative and young enough to help reach new customers.

I wrote this for my clan members last year when I facepalmed about their marketing. But the community already came with the same recommendations it seems. :) I don't remind what triggered me to write it. I also studied CHs international sales repartition, the strategy of random gambling and Cognitive Dissonance among their top-end consumers but that's other stories. I didn't write it in a professional form, but in real life, you can easily spot the sugar coat around issues anyway.

Subjective opinion on CH Marketing, Nov 2018
Structured with Blackwell and Engel Consumer Behaviour Model. The simplest approach to marketing. It divides a customer's behaviour in 5 steps.
1) PROBLEM RECOGNITION
2) SEARCH FOR INFORMATION
3) SEARCH OF ALTERNATIVES
4) PURCHASE
5) POST PURCHASE EVALUATION

1) PROBLEM RECOGNITION

We consider the mobile gaming market. Users have free time, a powerful smartphone and an internet connection.
They want to play 3D games on their device, to discover a world and to make friends.

2) SEARCH FOR INFORMATION
A/Youtube
First, consumers check youtube and type Celtic Heroes. They watch the trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... WwL5Su0nBx

What the product does: Too many static footages with awful 3D rendering in the background. The animations look more lively than the game and it’s exactly what not to do. They could have used real clan footages instead of keeping 4 awkward characters.
Feelings associated with the product: It totally lacks emotion, the description takes over emotions. In games or movies trailer you have to be amazed by the beauty of the world or feel a pleasant sensation of belonging down the spine.

Now the 2018 drake’s short advert.
https://www.facebook.com/celticheroes/v ... 156525264/
"The video is dark, we see a drake then 4 characters standing in the middle of nowhere. It ends with a fire animation straight from 2000."
If I show the trailer to investors or new customers they get no idea what to think:
- Do we play a drake?
- How do we control the game, is it cinematics only?
- I want to explore the world? How many zones? How many classes, weapons...
- It looks dark and rainy meanwhile I want to be happy and have fun

Overall, the trailers are not fluent, feel desynchronized and share no emotions.

Then I look for youtube’s footages, is there a charismatic youtuber with quality content?
nop. A lot of them hide behind their keyboards, it’s hard to involve viewers and to create a bond that way.

B/Social Network

Only 28k likes on Facebook... No likes means no perceived quality for a random Facebook user. « It must be one of those 2D poor quality games I see awful adverts everywhere ».
Overall, I don’t know how they manage to get that few likes in 8 years as a global company. They should do like any other company or event.
Create contests with real prizes and ask your community to like, comment and share.

C/Google
I hear about the game, I don't download it straight. I use google first.
Do their website sell the product, does it look alive and updated?
http://celtic-he,roes.com/
Well, it looks old. Wait. The company references are outdated? I should go to another company website?
Let's check. http://virtualrealms.asia/ One paragraph about the game then job offers. Not reassuring.

Overall, the customer should not have to dig into jobs offers to know if the game will remain updated. They should remove or rebrand the website. This is their biggest online front shop. It doesn't matter how good your pizza is if your shop is a ruin. You assume the quality of a product on its looking, you have to work on it accordingly.

3)SEARCH OF ALTERNATIVES
Others mmos have a lower quality but more updates?
Do I find the icons and descriptions of the other games more attractive on the online shop?
Should I play an English game if I’m not an English speaker?

Overall, competitors use more intense marketing strategies but they do not offer CH in-game quality and content.

4) PURCHASE
The game is free and looks great. I will give it a try.
This is CH biggest strength, everyone can download it free.

5) POST PURCHASE EVALUATION
Do consumers get loyal to the brand and want to purchase in the future? Hopefully, new customers will have to dig deep to find posts about chests, eggscamm... This is the second biggest marketing strength.

Overall the game has good ratings 4,5/5 on Appstore/Playstore

RECOMMENDATION:
To sum up, Digital Marketing boils down to 3 main principles that VR could put through paces
1/ TO MAKE KNOW IT
Column in Mobile Gaming press/ Review by a popular mobile gamer/Like, Comment, Share
2/ TO MAKE LOVE IT
Appealing Adverts/Reassuring website/Engaged Youtuber/Stream of a clan effort
3/ TO MAKE BUY IT
Others Languages/Good reviews/It's free, Download it now and enter a world of adventures...
Ranger since Winter Event 2011
222 in Danu