Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Game Needs to be Advertised!

I read some of the comments on the post you mentioned. The common complaint is the same as I have. They do make new trailers and videos and share them in their FB page. But that's not really advertising. As some people mentioned, these videos and trailers need to be published through some outlets where they will jump out at people. No one would go out of their way and search up "Celtic Heroes Ads" on Google or the internet. Ads need to jump out at people. That's what my point is. Now. I agree that ad campaigns can be expensive. But some spending could generate more income too. All I'm saying is, the game needs to be more visible to the world and not just to its existing fan-base.
Here are Schwing's posts on this thread that are in reply to this type of thinking.
Being realistic, Facebook is a decent way to start advertising along with youtube but the simple facts are that youtube wont cut it, for starters to get your intro out there you need a good following for your intro to the game to show up on trending pages or even being able to find it randomly unless typing in the worlds celtic heroes, when it comes to facebook that site isnt as big as it once was, id be pretty confident in saying more adults use facebook these days over the younger generation, if they wanted to use a social media platform to advertise on then use something like twitter or instagram, the majority of the younger generation are using instagram these days. On top of that advertise on the TV, that being the most obvious way to promote something, they may say itll be costly but in the end isnt that the point? You spend the money to promote the company in an attempt to profit off the people seeing the ads, other means being advertise on the app store, use the free offers as a means of advertising also, ppl earning ingame currency on other games they play by clicking on the ch offer and completing the tasks, most may find the game fun and continue playing its simple
You're missing how advertising on these platforms works, we're not talking about just having a page on YouTube/Facebook etc. doing targeted advertising with the likes of Facebook and Google results in your ads being placed to appropriate viewers on all of the platforms they own which includes things like Instagram and YouTube. TV advertising however just isn't realistic.
Where would I have to be to just so happen to come across that sure you made a trailer where where do you distribute it to besides youtube

Facebook ads and all Google owned platforms (their advertising solution is unified). You won't find many mobile games that use anything other than those unless they have massive budgets.
I would hardly call posting on your own fb page and YouTube channel advertising, the people that go there likely already play the game.. or did I misunderstand
You misunderstood there's a difference between having a YouTube/Facebook page and doing targeted advertising on those platforms.

I said this earlier in this thread, but it bears repeating: it is wonderful that players want to make suggestions to VR about how to advertise their game. However, keep in mind that VR has experience with this, and knows what does and doesn't work. I've said this a dozen times already, but just because you and the couple dozen, or even hundreds of people you talk to about it haven't seen the ads, doesn't mean that they aren't out there.

That being said, if we were to have some players here with prior experience in marketing and specifically setting up targeted advertising campaigns in a similar situation, I would love to see your thoughts on this.

I totally agree that the game should be pushed out there more, but just increasing advertising isn't likely to do as much as most people think, unless you start paying outrageous amounts of money. There's a big cost difference between running a handful of ads for your product, and running a massive targeted advertising campaign. Yes, the massive campaigns do work pretty well, but they also do not necessarily guarantee a return. Yes, spending could generate more income, but first off...you need to have enough to spend in the first place, and secondly, that return isn't guaranteed. A big campaign may pull in another 200-300 players across the servers, but they may not all buy platinum, or even stick around for long.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Why don't they show the amount of activity on each sever

If they would show the activity of each sever or even slim the amount down by combining a few that would be awesome like there's not many people on 1 sever probably cause the whole community is spit between so many severs
Showing activity of each server would be neat, but I think it would only make things worse. Players don't want to go to a "dead" server, so if a new person downloads the game and makes an account, then when picking a server, sees that server A is twice as active as server C...most people would pick A, thus making everything worse. A busy server would get even busier, and a quiet server doesn't get any better.

Combining servers is a huge deal and would have major repercussions for everyone involved. Even though it sounds like a great idea at first, I think there could very likely be more community backlash from that, than from pretty much anything else VR could do.
Have questions about anything? PM me!
Alternatively, you can rarely find me online in Sulis.
Go team #WorldSkillsUSA2019!
Harbinger of cold hard logic and reason.
Check out the player-run Celtic Heroes Database!: celticheroesdb.com!

Re: Why does the game never advertise?

I can tell you that they do actually advertise the game, however the developers do not choose the right places to do it. From my point of view that is the main reason of the small number of players and members in this forum. I have seen some of their advertisements, and they are pretty ... well they are terrible, if I have to be honest. They should also try and develop the forum, improve the seo so it would climb in the google search, only after that you could expect more and more new players. I would actually recommend the developers to read a great article about marketing on reddit and quora, so they would understand how important building backlinks on reddit can actually be. I have used that method for my own website, and the results are amazing!