Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Whats point of all these sales

I'm much happier giving some money to an indie startup than some massive faceless corporation like gameloft.

OTM has done a lot more with a lot less than many if not all mobile mmo companies.
true, although one thing is bugging me..how much does it actually cost to run a mmorpg? I've sorta wondered about it. :geek:
Hogana (Retired)
I creep around the forums.

we've nearly tripled the size of the Celtic Heroes team over the last two years.
Same number of people on staff, but you guys eat more donuts? :lol:
Are you suggesting game designers aren't active? The last time the fire alarm went off in the studio I took the stairs.
I doesn't count when you're only going down the stairs, Wulver. ;)
Xanadu - Mage 228+ - Forever - Rosmerta

I'm much happier giving some money to an indie startup than some massive faceless corporation like gameloft.

OTM has done a lot more with a lot less than many if not all mobile mmo companies.
true, although one thing is bugging me..how much does it actually cost to run a mmorpg? I've sorta wondered about it. :geek:
It costs a lot. Everything from needing equipment to servers to development environments to buying the platform to taxes and royalties to employee salaries. It is actually extremely hard to make a profits. I doubt OTM is actually making any money beyond investments back into the company like they said.
Member of Aeon - Taranis - 24 boxer
220+ toons
Ravenleaf druid - Silverstring ranger
Stormsong warrior - Nwerb Mage - Eventide Rogue

Toon histogram:
Level_____|200+|150-199|100-149|50-99|20-49|1-19|
# of toons|_5__|___16___|____3___|__11__|__21_|407|

we've nearly tripled the size of the Celtic Heroes team over the last two years.
Same number of people on staff, but you guys eat more donuts? :lol:
Ofc, what did u think the sales are for? Funding the game? Ha! :lol:
#NerfMages #AvoidBalance #WhyPlayARogue #MeatShieldOnly #HealingSlavesOnly

OP dps warrior on Belenus, hot af melee druid on Nuada. #Elementals #Apex