Celtic Heroes

The Official Forum for Celtic Heroes, the 3D MMORPG for iOS and Android Devices

Re: Revival Chests - A Veteran Players Unpopular Opinion

Removing the chests was a bad idea and OTM shouldn't cave in to their greedy hoardish players this game is for everyone including the ones that haven't played it yet.

And this transcends to quest drops as well such as DL and raid drops. This is how all the dominant people are they just want it all for themselves. And if they don't get it their way they CRY. This entitlement needs to end. Who's game is it? The crybabies game or OTM's game?
But but but... they are Otms most "loyal customers" and will quit if they don't get their way lol
Why would they buy platinum when you could create an auction house alt and sell drops to buy elixers? It is very simple. Most who are against these new chests have a really good pyramid scheme going on and do not want to lose it.
Doesn't make sense. If no one buys plat to buy chests then there aren't any lix in thr ah to buy.
Zyz 220 Druid
Noah Fences 220 Rogue

I agree -- revival chests greatly boosted OTM and Taranis, the excitement (and the drop rates were crap BTW) caused a far-too-brief influx of plat items to the economy. Taking them away was a bad choice, despite the dragoncrap claims of "long-term plat buyers quitting because of these chests".

Alt books currently go for 10k each... Usually 4k.
You can sell super combos for 15k... Usually 8k.
I sold heroic energy elixirs for 2k each the other day... Usually 500g, 1k in drought.
Hastes are going for 6k... Usually 3k.

Instead of listening to the general community, listen to your onsite economist -- Returning chests would be a brief loss of face for OTM, but really nothing scarring, and most servers do really need the plat.
This. Good for OTM's bottom line. Good for server's plat drought. Adds back items that have been lost on servers due to players quitting. While rare items have the potential to be added back, it didn't do so in the extreme. Players would have to buy an outrageous amount of chests in order to complete a single set by themselves. Sure with all plat sales combined it will add plenty of sets back into play, but this is only due to sheer popularity and the extensive amounts bought. Obviously some will be and are unhappy about their exclusives. But honestly its far from game-breaking.
World: Epona

Alyssandra Ranger Lvl 221
Atropos Druid Lvl 225
Nyssa Rogue Lvl 215
Briar Rose Mage Lvl 215

Lasciel Rogue Lvl 217
Owl Ranger Lvl 190
Lenore Druid Lvl 191

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

The chests should have remained throughout the week or two weeks max. Only lucky people that already had plat hoarded go to take advantage of them. ...I'm really annoyed by the entire situation. Easiest way to have avoided this controversy would have been to let players know ahead of time...and then put "Revival" in the item descriptions (Example: Sparkling Purple Revival Lanrik Wig, Mythic Revival Relic Stormskimmer) so you could tell which is original and which is re introduced.
LadyNymeria
Level 230+ Rogue
General of Ascension
LadysHeart Level 220+ Druid
Level 220+ Ice Mage Valyria
Heartsbane 220+ Warrior
Level 220+ Ranger Sweet Tansy
Dreamfyre Level 220+ Lure Mage
190 Locker Rogue Catspaw

Danu

IF OTM were to bring them back the drop rate would need to be a lot lower, and they should only be available for like a 2 week chest rush. I think a temporary solution is needed to fix draughts on some servers, arawn has barely felt the draught tbh... 1k a support, 3k a haste, 10k a combo, 7-8k a sigil crate...

But, the long term solution is better chest content that isn't just a recycling of the past. Make fashion in the token shop temporary so there is a reason to use tokens to buy as much fash as you can before it goes away.
Feel free to pm me about anything or talk to me in game :D
Bob The God
This Bob guy is a guide? Legitimately?
Former EG try hard who’s now relaxing midgame on crom.
Fire Mages are where its at

Hey Heroes,

Based upon the feedback from our players we shall be removing the Revival Chests from the Premium Store at this time.

After careful consideration and review we will be launching it again in future with an updated format, giving our players a chance to get a bit of Celtic Heroes history as well as retaining some uniqueness.

We would advise anyone who has bought the chest to use it in its current form this week before our changes take place.

Thank you for providing your feedback.

Servers will be live shortly.

Guys, chill. The chests were only taken away temporarily. I'm sure the blue shirted wizard engineers will find a middle ground so that everyone can be equally annoyed! :P

Like offering legacy fashion in chest but not include white, black or particle fashion pieces.

Hey Heroes,

Based upon the feedback from our players we shall be removing the Revival Chests from the Premium Store at this time.

After careful consideration and review we will be launching it again in future with an updated format, giving our players a chance to get a bit of Celtic Heroes history as well as retaining some uniqueness.

We would advise anyone who has bought the chest to use it in its current form this week before our changes take place.

Thank you for providing your feedback.

Servers will be live shortly.

Guys, chill. The chests were only taken away temporarily. I'm sure the blue shirted wizard engineers will find a middle ground so that everyone can be equally annoyed! :P

Like offering legacy fashion in chest but not include white, black or particle fashion pieces.
100% agreed. The common ones should return.

Yes OTM is a business, and yes businesses need money. But as any company it is never a good idea to mess with your most loyal costumers, wich was exactly what OTM did.

If OTM want people to buy more plat then do what a good company does, create new products that attract the market. Never ever mess with your loyal costumers, its just bad for business.
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona

CH should always be going forward, not always looking back. I don't care much for fashion, but this legacy stuff has to stop. Every item is a piece of history, what's common to someone is a beloved rare to someone else.
+1001
Morrigan -
Neodym, ranger, Lvl 223,Morrigan Kojak, warrior, Lvl 221, Mabon
Tuula, rogue, Lvl 223, Morrigan Topnotch, ranger, Lvl 220, Mabon
Streiff,ranger, lvl 220, Epona